4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    infj None

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

Authority is meant to be followed, not questioned. If you don't like authority you can pack your bags and start your own anarchist community just so you see how little time it will last. Rules exist to be followed, not questioned.

Winter in Your Soul Crystal Winter Dream's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    174 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

I normally do not have trouble following authority unless authority challenges some sentimental wisdom I have.

a perfect example here.
    For a college class, I volunteered with a hospice agency and worked with a patient with memory problems. My coordinator told me after our initial meeting to not ask too many questions, since they cannot remember well, to use "small talk" like how's the weather, and feel free to bring the SAME things every week since they "won't remember anyway."

I have two siblings with autism, this deeply conflicted me. Just because someone doesn't respond as "normal", doesn't mean someone is not in there. The one thing I did do is not ask questions, but I brought new things each week and had real conversations with the patient. Turns out they occasionally had wisdom and one week even remembered me. I am glad I did the thing I did, rather than blindly obeying, though it did frighten me to disobey.
    Likes thepink-cloakedninja liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    STFU
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    ILE None

I fuck authorities real good

Wei 18 - Sie 39 agentwashington's Avatar
    MBTI
    mbti
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    SNL None

.... authority can meet me at a parking lot in the next 15 minutes for an ass kicking
    “Don’t use your strength to oppress, (but also) don’t let your weakness make you feel helpless.”
    - Rurouni Kenshin

“This world is beautiful. People can love each other and live life respecting each other. Someday everyone will come to realize that and this will become a beautiful world full of only such people.”
    - Kino no Tabi

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I'm usually fine with it if I think it's reasonable, capable, and intelligent. If there were know rules, murderers would be more common, and people owuld do much more stupid, dangerous things than they do now. However, I hate when I know better though, which happens more the older I get.
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

johari
    nohari
    Likes jcloudz liked this post

Marshmallow Heart thepink-cloakedninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    269 sp/sx

It really depends on the authority figure, to be honest. I'll follow rules if I agree with the reasoning behind them, but if I don't a lot of times I'll just do my own thing. I get along well authorities who are fair, approachable, and have decent communication skills. If the authority figure shows me appreciation where it's due, I'll try a lot harder for them. If they show me appreciation and need my help, I'll go above and beyond. I do poorly with grumpy authority figures who have lousy people skills and who try to take advantage of me.
    Skinny people are easier to kidnap
    Stay safe
    Eat cheesecake
    Likes Crystal Winter Dream liked this post