User Tag List

12 Last

your resident asshole

Default SJs - How productive are you? What are some of the methods you use to be productive?

I'm so terribly unproductive that I give SJs a bad name. Please help me!

MBTI
    INFJ

Don't worry, I am too!

It's a common theme to my thoughts though as to how to motivate myself to be more productive.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Don't worry, I am too!

It's a common theme to my thoughts though as to how to motivate myself to be more productive.
    And does that ever work?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    And does that ever work?
    Slightly. I end up spending a few minutes doing something productive, then procrastinating, then another few minutes doing something productive... mostly procrastination though. I'm hoping it will get better with time and practice.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

I'm only productive when I have to be. Like when I went to school, I was a straight-A student. Not because I studied or tried hard or anything, I just followed directions. I'm not so much productive when it comes to less important things. However, how I stay productive when it IS important is just through sheer willpower... which probably isn't a very helpful answer considering your struggle! I get things done are early as possible. No procrastinating. You get assigned an essay? Go home. Write it. Then you don't have to think about it ever again and you can move on to doing something fun. Basically, the motivation to not have that obligation hanging over me anymore is what drives me to get things done.

MBTI
    IXTX
    Enneagram
    4 sp
    Socionics
    entj Ni

1. visualize a clear goal
    2. think of ways to achieve it

here's some things i work on when I'm not doing school work or anything I work on the triangle critical thinking,creativity and curiosity

for critical thinking i use the pomodoro technique with a chess puzzle
    creativity i let my imagination run wild and create mental stories when the story hits my satisfactory curiosity point I write the story down and continue building on that story,judging various perspectives on the subject
    for curiosity I just take MOOC's like complexity and uncertainty on future learn though i suspect that particular MOOC is gone but i just take MOOCs that look interesting to me

hope that helped

heres another way to build up on productivity

just grind productivity methods into your work,the more you grind the more you'll become aware of all the productivity you can accomplish----note that the main word is "aware"= awareness of productivity this will definitely help

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

When I'm doing laundry by hand and I find myself wanting to quit, I say to myself: Just one more sock, you can do one more sock! I usually end up doing at least 4 more socks.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

In many ways, Si-valuers are significantly "lazier" than Se-valuers.

Socionics Dichotomies: R3t2

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

For a long time, I would get in these super ambitious moods, where I would have 500 things I wanted to do and didn't have the time to do all them. But then a few days later, I would end up sitting on my ass bored with nothing to do, and those ambitions wouldn't even cross my mind. I would sit around and accomplish nothing for hours, all while feeling bored.

I started writing everything down that I wanted to accomplish whenever I got into the ambitious moods. Whether it was short term goals (like cleaning, yardwork that I wanted to do, a craft project or the like, little things I always meant to fix around the house but never seem to do), or more long-term goals (exercise 3x times a week, study a language a few times a week). Then, whenever I got bored and ended up sitting around watching TV or browsing the internet... I looked at the list of all the things that I really wanted to accomplish. And I picked one.

I started getting so much more done. I put off less things.

I ended up with a huge whiteboard that looks like one of those word clouds (some words big, some small, in no discernible pattern) where the bigger things were more important to me. I erase things as I complete them, and I add new things constantly. Some items still get procrastinated on and stay on the list for a long time... But things are constantly getting done. It's fulfilling to erase something from the board. The reminders help.

Downtime is still good. Sometimes I just want to chill out and veg, and that's ok. But sometimes I would sit around and be discontent with just sitting around... but wouldn't be able to think of anything to do. It helps with that.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~
    Likes /DG/, wildrose liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    When I'm doing laundry by hand and I find myself wanting to quit, I say to myself: Just one more sock, you can do one more sock! I usually end up doing at least 4 more socks.
    Yeah I do this with push-ups.

Not that I often do push-ups.
    Likes /DG/ liked this post