User Tag List

Gryffindor Prefect OneLovelyAdventure's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so

Default ISFJs: Do you consider yourselves an "extroverted introvert?"

I'm pretty sure my little brother is an ISFJ, but I'm not quite sure. He definitely gets drained when he's around people for too long, but he's so outgoing, friendly, lively, hilarious, etc. when he's around people he likes. He's a real performer and likes to get a rise out of everyone.

What do you think? Do you consider yourselves "extroverted" for introverts?
    "You can't help respecting anybody who can spell 'Tuesday,' even if he doesn't spell it right, but spelling isn't everything. There are days when spelling 'Tuesday' simply doesn't count." -- Winnie the Pooh

ENFP 3w2-7w6-8w7 sx/so
    Neutral Good | SLUAI | Sanguine-Choleric
    Gryffindor | Wampus
    Sagittarius Sun | Sagittarius Moon | Aquarius Rising

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I almost always score 90% or above on my preference for introversion. I almost always prefer having alone time with a book or a movie over going to a party. Alongside being an introvert I am also pretty reserved as well, so no I don't consider myself an extrovert in any circumstances. Your brother probably just has a smaller preference for introversion, OR he could also be an outgoing introvert as they are not mutually exclusive.

I think your problem really comes down to defining introversion as being shy, which it doesn't have to. I have an introvert roommate who is quite enthusiastic and has lots of friends, but also needs alone time after a long day to recharge. I also know extroverts who are a little bit more laid-back and shy, but nonetheless still enjoy spending time with people. Hope that helps!

MBTI
    FREE

I have an ISFJ friend who feels like she HAS to go out with people and be more outgoing because she wants to fit in, so if her friends go dancing on a Saturday night, she'll go with them even though she doesn't like dancing. She seems outgoing but she's still an introvert, and I know that because she told me people drain her and after staying with them she needs to recharge.

The main difference between introverts and extroverts is where they get their energy from. Now, it would make sense if introverts (who get theirs by staying alone or with a close friend) spent more time on their own, and extroverts (who get theirs by surrounding themselves with people) spent more time interacting with others, but it's possible that an introvert who likes socializing or wants to fit in decides to adopt an extroverted lifestyle.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OneLovelyAdventure View Post
    I'm pretty sure my little brother is an ISFJ, but I'm not quite sure. He definitely gets drained when he's around people for too long, but he's so outgoing, friendly, lively, hilarious, etc. when he's around people he likes. He's a real performer and likes to get a rise out of everyone.

What do you think? Do you consider yourselves "extroverted" for introverts?
    That sounds a lot like me. I do consider myself more extroverted than a lot of my introverted friends...but like you pointed out, it's only around people I know and like and am comfortable around.
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    2 so/sp

I will actively initiate. Love building relationships as and when I spot an opportunity and someone decent.