User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 20

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    961

    Default How strongly do you identify with the SJ/Guardian temperament?

    Since there seems to be an influx of ISTJs recently maybe I can get a large sampling here.

    I feel very little connection with the descriptions of the SJ/Guardian temperament or the ISTJ personality. While it is difficult for me to read them without imagining conservative republicans it still doesnt click with me. I despise most of the things which define the SJ temperament like tradition, duty, joining groups and group loyalty, doing things by-the-book rather than finding the best way, respecting authority and titles, I hate being burdened with responsibility.

    I started a thread several months ago about SJs being socially/politically liberal but this is much broader.

    According to this function inventory I am ISTJ. Although if I'm reading it correctly Te would appear to be my dominant function making me an ESTJ.

    (Se) ******************* (19.7)
    limited use
    (Si) ************************************************** **** (54.1)
    excellent use
    (Ne) *************** (15.1)
    unused
    (Ni) *********** (11.3)
    unused
    (Te) ************************************************** ***** (55.1)
    excellent use
    (Ti) *********************************************** (47.5)
    excellent use
    (Fe) ******* (7.3)
    unused
    (Fi) ***************************** (29.3)
    average use

    Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes

    Im curious to see how many SJs here are atypical.

  2. #2
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    LOL, sorry, felt like taking a test!!



    extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************************** (32.3)
    good use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ********** (10.5)
    unused
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************ (36.6)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************** (32.4)
    good use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ************* (13.7)
    unused
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************** (29.3)
    average use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************** (38.2)
    excellent use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************************** (47.6)
    excellent use

    Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENFP

    Lead (Dominant) Process
    Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situations dynamics.

    Support (Auxilliary) Process
    Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  3. #3
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Note, I didn't really like that test at all, I felt like 25% of the questions were odd, or unclear, or both.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    961

    Default

    Yeah, a lot of the questions had a WTFness to them. It really doesn't help that most MBTI material is written in this unintelligible abstract language.

  5. #5
    Senior Member dnivera's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp
    Socionics
    LSI?
    Posts
    165

    Default

    I trust online personality tests very little these days. I feel like I already know too much about what my type is already, so my answers might be "skewed."

    I got Si>Ti>Te>Ne. Not 'in the box' at all.

    Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19.9)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ***************************************** (41.3)
    excellent use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************** (30.3)
    good use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************** (27.2)
    average use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************************* (33.2)
    good use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************** (34.2)
    good use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************** (27.3)
    average use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************** (27)
    average use
    Si>Ti>Te>Ne>Fe>Ni>Fi>Se

    Introverted (I) 60% Extroverted (E) 40%
    Sensing (S) 56.25% Intuitive (N) 43.75%
    Thinking (T) 61.29% Feeling (F) 38.71%
    Judging (J) 71.88% Perceiving (P) 28.13%

  6. #6
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    It kind of helps if you don't look at the questions in such a stereotypical way.

    Like, for example, Ni is often described as the type of the prophets, which is a very generalized description of this type. But it could also relate to more down-to-earth premonitions, such as having a vision you are then compelled to make something happen. A vision not necessarily of what is to happen, but a vision for any sort of change.

    Envisioning something extravagant like the end of the world is the same exact idea as envisioning yourself as a certain way or in a situation that you currently are not in.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    It kind of helps if you don't look at the questions in such a stereotypical way.

    Like, for example, Ni is often described as the type of the prophets, which is a very generalized description of this type. But it could also relate to more down-to-earth premonitions, such as having a vision you are then compelled to make something happen. A vision not necessarily of what is to happen, but a vision for any sort of change.

    Envisioning something extravagant like the end of the world is the same exact idea as envisioning yourself as a certain way or in a situation that you currently are not in.
    Maybe I should just call myself INTJ having eliminated all other types even though I don't understand Ni as throughly as I'd like to.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    77

    Default

    For what it's worth, I feel the same way. I usually score S/N 50/50, or max 55% one way or the other. But, because I identify with the INTJ profile more than the ISTJ profile on the whole, I self-typed as that one.

    I'm not as out-of-the-box as the archetypal INTJ, but I'm not as traditional as the archetypal ISTJ.

    This test in particular has typed me as everything from an ISTJ to an INFP. The only thing it knows is that I'm introverted!

  9. #9
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    Since there seems to be an influx of ISTJs recently maybe I can get a large sampling here.

    I feel very little connection with the descriptions of the SJ/Guardian temperament or the ISTJ personality. While it is difficult for me to read them without imagining conservative republicans it still doesnt click with me. I despise most of the things which define the SJ temperament like tradition, duty, joining groups and group loyalty, doing things by-the-book rather than finding the best way, respecting authority and titles, I hate being burdened with responsibility.
    I am an ESFJ and a libertarian. I do like having people depend on me, I am somewhat of a joiner (a lot of friends, sports fan, I love parties and get-togethers), and I will take on responsibilities I feel I can handle. I can be quite a "by-the-book" type, as well. However, I am very cynical about "the book" itself. I am skeptical of most authority, though I will respect it if I feel it has been earned. I disagree with some of your assessment about the SJ mentality: you seem to oversimplify SJs as blind followers, which is not the case, and there are many authority-loving, "by-the-book" political liberals running around in this world, as well. Best thing to remember: you are an individual, and you are not defined by your functions.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  10. #10
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I am an ESFJ and a libertarian. I do like having people depend on me, I am somewhat of a joiner (a lot of friends, sports fan, I love parties and get-togethers, and I will take on responsibilities I feel I can handle. I can be quite a "by-the-book" type, as well. However, I am very cynical about "the book" itself. I am skeptical of most authority, though I will respect it if I feel it has been earned. I disagree with some of your assessment about the SJ mentality: you seem to oversimplify SJs as blind followers, which is not the case, and there are many authority-loving, "by-the-book" political liberals running around in this world, as well. Best thing to remember: you are an individual, and you are not defined by your functions.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Similar Threads

  1. How do you deal with the fact that you don't have a name ?
    By Virtual ghost in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 12-03-2016, 01:15 PM
  2. How Much Do You Identify With Your Circumstances?
    By Bullet in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 09-14-2014, 12:14 PM
  3. How much do you identify with others of your type?
    By 011235813 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 07-09-2013, 04:37 PM
  4. Ritalin. How do you deal with the crash?
    By Dali in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-03-2013, 04:28 PM
  5. Replies: 60
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 02:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO