User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTj

It actually sounds like she's a bit threatened by you if she's as talkative with other people as you make her out to be. Do you work with other females? Are you both similar in age? Are you better looking or smarter or more interesting than her?

Still, sounds like a pretty great problem to have.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Sounds like someone who's past age of majority, but never grew up. I do react to these people in the way of, "That's nice," and continue to work. Then again, I'm an introvert so I can get away with living in a fabricated world that excludes people like that. I feel bad for you...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by lastrailway View Post
    I'd say your colleague isn't very interested in establishing any communication between the two, so maybe you could as well give up trying. Just pretend you are very busy and only chat with her (or rather, let her speaking) for small periods of time.
    I agree. If you give her a foot, she'll take a country mile... and blame you for getting resentful.

You are never obligated to make room for someone who violates your boundaries. If she can't watch her step, you'll need to watch it for her.

BTW welcome.
    That too.

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    Buy some nerf guns and duke it out with her!
    Supersoakers might be appropriate too.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I'd be interested to see what would happen if you did the same thing back to her...just start talking at her the second she comes in the door and don't let her take the conversation back. Let me know if her head explodes (that's my current theory).

MBTI
    EFSJ

[QUOTE=nottaprettygal;267034]It actually sounds like she's a bit threatened by you if she's as talkative with other people as you make her out to be. QUOTE]

Well.... I wouldn't say she is talkative with other people in general - just the boss or senior people who come round the office! She can be quite rude to people she classes as below her or just doesn't like on sight.

I think a potential issue may be that we are the same age but i have a lot more senior experience than her and i am technically her supervisor on a higher salary (however she is impossible to manage and really resents being asked to do anything so i generally try and give her as little to do as possible just to try and keep an easy life! - weak i know!).

However..... i am only working a maternity leave conract until mar 09 so she knows she will be shot of me then which is why she knows can get away with being so difficult i suspect.

Lookswise she is your typical blond haired, blue eyed, fashionable, slim "handbag blond" (as i call them) and i am...well the opposite with big curly black hair and brown eyes and very little interest in fashion (although i look reasonable i'm not compeltely unstylish!).

We're roughly the same size in weight but our "looks" and lives completely opposite and we don't have anything in common.

My partner is a woman so that may be an issue (and why she doesn't want to know anything about me!) but i could be reading too much into that... From her general comments she comes across as quite narrow minded in general but i don't like to make negative assumptions...

MBTI
    EFSJ

Quote Originally Posted by Firelie View Post
    I'd be interested to see what would happen if you did the same thing back to her...just start talking at her the second she comes in the door and don't let her take the conversation back. Let me know if her head explodes (that's my current theory).
    By the way a couple of months ago i did try this (although not intentionally!) because i had an exciting couple of weeks doing lots of things and i would start to tell her about them and she would just cut me off and say "i've got work to do now so i can't listen to you". brilliantly ruthless!

MBTI
    INTj

Hrm. If you don't have a problem with confrontation, I would just approach her about her rudeness with something like, "I may be imagining this, but it seems like you don't care for me. Is there something I can do to make this work relationship more pleasant?"

That statement doesn't place blame on her, so she shouldn't feel like she's being attacked. It just looks honestly inquisitive.

If that doesn't work, I'd throw a brick at her car.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by sunray View Post
    Well.... I wouldn't say she is talkative with other people in general - just the boss or senior people who come round the office! She can be quite rude to people she classes as below her or just doesn't like on sight.
    Why are you surprised that she doesn't seem to care about you if she doesn't seem to care about anyone? She sounds like a classic diva. I've dealt with my share of them at my current job, like this one girl who won't do certain menial tasks because she claims that it's "men's work", even though the jobs don't require significant physical strength. You could try reasoning with them but it's unlikely that several seconds of words would be that effective in the face of decades of a spoiled rotten upbringing. Those people are frustrating but it's probably best to just ignore them and don't take their shitty personalities too personally.
    I don't wanna!

you should put on headphones and listen to audiobooks... or, what about saying the same line back to her "i've got work to do now so i can't listen to you."

MBTI
    EFSJ

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    Why are you surprised that she doesn't seem to care about you if she doesn't seem to care about anyone? .
    That is the sound of the nail being hit on the head!

I guess I just wanted to salvage a positive relationship because we spend SO much time together. However, i think that is pointless i just have to accept this is a very spoilt little girl (she is by the way VERY spolit - you wouldn't belive what her parents lavish on her!).

It's a shame as i like to see the positives in everbody - but i just don't think she has any.

I guess i'll just focus on the other people in the department - they're are much nicer!

ho-hum.......