• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFJ] ESFJ stereotypes... what are they?

RiftsWRX

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
I'm curious. I hear there are a lot of preconceived notions about ESFJs. I've asked about some of them, and I simply don't agree with them (in my case).

So I'd love to have a conversation about what this stigma is, and understand what they are, and where they are based from. :)

Best,

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
ok you're a mom you wear a pink apron you host large parties you love kids everything has to be coordinated oh and you look like a 50s housewife

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
The Good: Hot blonde who doesn't mind housework and wants a family
The Bad: Brainless gossip obsessed with Facebook, a terrible driver (this also applies to ENFJ)

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
ok you're a mom you wear a pink apron you host large parties you love kids everything has to be coordinated oh and you look like a 50s housewife

100% my mum except she gets servants to do the cleaning lol

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The main negative one is that they can't think for themselves.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
The main negative one is that they can't think for themselves.

I like balance, females who can think but aren't going to argue and bitch all the time.

ENTP and ENFP girls are hot as fuck to me.

Least hot...INFJs (losers obsessed with "misogyny"), and ES types

RiftsWRX

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Well, I guess that squashes the Ventrilo thought about tons of stereotypes against me.

Thanks for those who contributed!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
12483449@N07

broken photo =./= esfj
broken photo = infp 4w5

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I know 3 (certain) ESFJs well. All females. My mom, the previous HR manager, the current HR manager.
Some traits they all share are :

-image conscious
-most socially engaged and connected of all types (people oriented)
-talkative
-slightly to very judgemental, particulary about things or people who don't conform
-not always sincere
-very good at reading other people obviously (Fe)
-take lots of initiative
-practice over theory
-not very intuitive or technical
-Moody and chaotic inner life, outwardly very balanced

RiftsWRX

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
I know 3 (certain) ESFJs well. All females. My mom, the previous HR manager, the current HR manager.
Some traits they all share are :

-image conscious
-most socially engaged and connected of all types (people oriented)
-talkative
-slightly to very judgemental, particulary about things or people who don't conform
-not always sincere
-very good at reading other people obviously (Fe)
-take lots of initiative
-practice over theory
-not very intuitive or technical
-Moody and chaotic inner life, outwardly very balanced

Now see, for the most part... this is true.

RiftsWRX

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Also, SFJs are known to love "playing the martyr." :D

See... now that I'd disagree with.

I was in a relationship with an ISFJ, and she was so damn proud (she's an E3) that she could NEVER ask for help or admit defeat on anything. She'd beat her self up in private (or with trusted people like me). She HATED it when people would draw attention to her failures or short comings.

Me, it's only been recently (at the behest of my therapist) that she encourage me to share my story and seek community to help work through the decades of repressed emotions and feelings that have trashed me; leaving me broken, where I am today. So, perhaps had I been the martyr, vomiting my life on everyone for years, I'd be in better shape then I am today.

A E4 is much more prone to guilt people into supporting them over their woes IMO.

baccheion

Stereotypes that I've experienced as being true:
  • Too sensitive given their propensity for pushing their way into people's lives trying to tell them how to run it (apart from the "who do you think you are telling people what to do" that comes to mind, I always wonder how they expect to do that and not have the other person lash out or try to distance themselves)
  • Obsessed with everyone being well-mannered, polite, nice, and inclusive of them (everything makes them feel left out), but they tend to be vulgar, loud, and pushy with their beliefs (as though they are universal and everyone should subscribe to them)
  • Close-minded and anti-innovation/creativity. Everything should be done in a specific way, which just so happens to be the way things were done before.
  • Tendency to be bothered by and complain about every little thing and to always be looking for something to complain about
  • Can be full of it, annoying, needy, and judgmental
Positives:
  • The extroversion thing
They are supposedly good at reading people, but they are always way off as it relates to me. It's like I'm not even there, and all they see are what others have said and the stereotypes/cliches associated with my ethnicity, introversion, current level of popularity, accomplishments, job title, etc. I clash the most with the J aspect of their personality.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
See... now that I'd disagree with.

I was in a relationship with an ISFJ, and she was so damn proud (she's an E3) that she could NEVER ask for help or admit defeat on anything. She'd beat her self up in private (or with trusted people like me). She HATED it when people would draw attention to her failures or short comings.

I also know an ISFJ similar to this, she however is a 6.

I am a very verbal processor. I need to talk through my feelings, or I feel like I am going to explode. To some this may feel like playing the martyr, or complaining for the sake of sympathy or attention. But, that's really not the case. I just need talk things through because if I let myself internally ruminate on them for too long they stop making sense.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think they rock.

i can have some major fe/fi clashes with them but overall i think they're highly impressive. just very together and take charge people. i admire their initiative.
and their funny ne shit makes me happy and they always seem a lil bit crazy which i love.