User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Art/Creativity?

MBTI
    XXFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Default Art/Creativity?

I was wondering if you SJ are actually creative or artistic (for ESTJs, maybe a well developed Ne for example, I don't know). I'm really curious!

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm not an SJ, but I will say that Si is an amazingly useful function in the world of classical music. I think that many of my colleagues are Si-doms or Si-aux.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    XXFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    I'm not an SJ, but I will say that Si is an amazingly useful function in the world of classical music. I think that many of my colleagues are Si-doms or Si-aux.
    Very interesting, thank you!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Yes ma'am. Si/Ne, in my experience, help us know the "rules" before we decide which ones to bend/break.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

In some respects. I think I'm skilled with music, and I think Si provides a good pool to draw from there. And not just facts and data, of course, but "tones" of what music should sound like, and how to express a feeling through music. However, improvisation took a while to improve, and is still lagging behind other areas of skill for me.

I think Si helps in picking out "just the right note/tone/word/phrase/stroke" in art that helps us identify those things and bring them to our eyes and ears. I do it even when I'm writing sentences or talking to people, too. (unless I'm feeling lax about it)
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

In the 4th grade, I made an egg person out of an empty egg shell, orange yarn, some pipe cleaners for limbs and glued-on eyes. I'm afraid that was the height of my creativity. Wait, I also remember inventing a really addictive checkers type game using some marbles and some plastic candy sheet with holes in it, but that got destroyed.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Art and creativity does not always go hand in hand. Take Mona Lisa for an example. There's no denying it is clearly a piece of art. But is it creative? What's creative about it? It is a masterwork, no doubt about it, but it is still just a portrait of a woman (okay, there are numerous theories what it actually is).

And this is what I think creativity is:
    LEGO WALLS
    1_lego-wall.jpg

I've been reading to Whack on the Side of the Head, it's a book about how can we be more creative (or actually why aren't we more creative). It has taught me that doing things efficiently and doing things creatively are the two opposing forces, and us ISTJs usually prefer the efficient way. We too can be creative, if we just remember to switch off from auto-piloting towards efficiency.

As for myself, I'd have little praticed playing piano, and I'd like to be better at it. Just haven't found the time and space for it yet (the instrument is somewhere in the back of the storage room).
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

Perfectionism and revisionism are probably the biggest things blocking my creativity. At times I have huge flows of ideas and concepts for stories and artwork, but little time or skill to carry them out, so I try to make note of them and carry on with normal life.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ESE

I'm an ESFJ.

My whole family is very musical. I'm a Coronet, Trumpet, Piano and French Horn player.

Plus my modern gift, from adolescence to present is photography. Decades of photography.

It works for me.. because I realize I struggle with the genesis of the idea... but if you give me the idea, I'll run with it.

In photography, you are the one coming up with the idea. I simply personify it through my own subjective filter.
    ----------
    Jorge (RiftsWRX)
    www.ProjectWRX.com

Enneagram: 2w3 - Sexual Variant
    M-B: ESFJ
    Socionics: ESE (ESFj)

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I'm an ISTJ and have absolutely no artistic or musical ability at all...but I do enjoy creative writing.
    After all,
    you're my wonderwall...

{listen: }