• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Art/Creativity?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No. Creativity is almost assuredly the domain of intuitive types, specifically Ne ones, and any SJ claiming capability in this skill are either mistyped or sevrrely overestimate themselves. I know this for 100% fact actually because I'm an ISTJ and this is what we do best.
Manage the Fax.

Si is like a barrier to these things, you see. As soon as anything even remotely resembling an artistic way self-expression begins to form in the psyche, Si, being in front of Ne, slaps it down and asks very sternly "why are you entertaining such impractical ideas? What are you? A child?".

As an ISTJ, I have many years of my own experiences to back up the above claims. My extensive Si memory can recall a few specific and detailed occassions if you are interested in hearing them.
Enjoying yourself? :troll:

Cygnus

No. Creativity is almost assuredly the domain of intuitive types, specifically Ne ones, and any SJ claiming capability in this skill are either mistyped or sevrrely overestimate themselves. I know this for 100% fact actually because I'm an ISTJ and this is what we do best.
Manage the Fax.

Si is like a barrier to these things, you see. As soon as anything even remotely resembling an artistic way self-expression begins to form in the psyche, Si, being in front of Ne, slaps it down and asks very sternly "why are you entertaining such impractical ideas? What are you? A child?".

As an ISTJ, I have many years of my own experiences to back up the above claims. My extensive Si memory can recall a few specific and detailed occassions if you are interested in hearing them.

Enjoying yourself? :troll:

My tertiary Fi is not sure how to interpret this question.

End it. End it all now.

I'm drowning.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
There are many types of creativity. I've seen SJs invent things before. Isn't this a type of creativity? I mean most of the inventions are for everyday practical uses, but non-the-less they are original and they are creative. Also, ISTJs, for example, have inferior Ne, which allows them to come off with witty, whimsical jokes [a type of creativity] and also causes them to have strange little hobbies to balance out their dominant Si function. I've heard ISTJs come off with some pretty creative scenarios on aliens, space ships, etc. Hence, I've seen ISTJs who engage in drawing as a hobby. I know one ISTJ who enjoys drawing comic book characters--just for fun. My aunt, who is the ESTJ of all ESTJs, the queen of ESTJs in her STJ-ness, invents amazingly clever ways to organize things. Isn't that creativity? She comes up with ideas that never cross my mind. I know another very strong ESTJ who created an adorable bulletin board at the local elementary school where she is the counselor [she revels in blowing stereo-types out of the water]. So, I would never pigeon hole anyone into being "un-creative" just because their type of creativity falls outside my narrow definition of it.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There are many types of creativity. I've seen SJs invent things before. Isn't this a type of creativity? I mean most of the inventions are for everyday practical uses, but non-the-less they are original and they are creative. Also, ISTJs, for example, have inferior Ne, which allows them to come off with witty, whimsical jokes [a type of creativity] and also causes them to have strange little hobbies to balance out their dominant Si function. I've heard ISTJs come off with some pretty creative scenarios on aliens, space ships, etc. Hence, I've seen ISTJs who engage in drawing as a hobby. I know one ISTJ who enjoys drawing comic book characters--just for fun. My aunt, who is the ESTJ of all ESTJs, the queen of ESTJs in her STJ-ness, invents amazingly clever ways to organize things. Isn't that creativity? She comes up with ideas that never cross my mind. I know another very strong ESTJ who created an adorable bulletin board at the local elementary school where she is the counselor [she revels in blowing stereo-types out of the water]. So, I would never pigeon hole anyone into being "un-creative" just because their type of creativity falls outside my narrow definition of it.

I don't think he's being serious.