User Tag List

First 123

Thread: Art/Creativity?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    No. Creativity is almost assuredly the domain of intuitive types, specifically Ne ones, and any SJ claiming capability in this skill are either mistyped or sevrrely overestimate themselves. I know this for 100% fact actually because I'm an ISTJ and this is what we do best.
    Manage the Fax.

Si is like a barrier to these things, you see. As soon as anything even remotely resembling an artistic way self-expression begins to form in the psyche, Si, being in front of Ne, slaps it down and asks very sternly "why are you entertaining such impractical ideas? What are you? A child?".

As an ISTJ, I have many years of my own experiences to back up the above claims. My extensive Si memory can recall a few specific and detailed occassions if you are interested in hearing them.
    Enjoying yourself?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Hawthorne, yama liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Enjoying yourself?
    My tertiary Fi is not sure how to interpret this question.
    Likes yama liked this post

No. Creativity is almost assuredly the domain of intuitive types, specifically Ne ones, and any SJ claiming capability in this skill are either mistyped or sevrrely overestimate themselves. I know this for 100% fact actually because I'm an ISTJ and this is what we do best.
    Manage the Fax.

Si is like a barrier to these things, you see. As soon as anything even remotely resembling an artistic way self-expression begins to form in the psyche, Si, being in front of Ne, slaps it down and asks very sternly "why are you entertaining such impractical ideas? What are you? A child?".

As an ISTJ, I have many years of my own experiences to back up the above claims. My extensive Si memory can recall a few specific and detailed occassions if you are interested in hearing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Enjoying yourself?
    My tertiary Fi is not sure how to interpret this question.
    End it. End it all now.

I'm drowning.

Enneagram
    9w8

There are many types of creativity. I've seen SJs invent things before. Isn't this a type of creativity? I mean most of the inventions are for everyday practical uses, but non-the-less they are original and they are creative. Also, ISTJs, for example, have inferior Ne, which allows them to come off with witty, whimsical jokes [a type of creativity] and also causes them to have strange little hobbies to balance out their dominant Si function. I've heard ISTJs come off with some pretty creative scenarios on aliens, space ships, etc. Hence, I've seen ISTJs who engage in drawing as a hobby. I know one ISTJ who enjoys drawing comic book characters--just for fun. My aunt, who is the ESTJ of all ESTJs, the queen of ESTJs in her STJ-ness, invents amazingly clever ways to organize things. Isn't that creativity? She comes up with ideas that never cross my mind. I know another very strong ESTJ who created an adorable bulletin board at the local elementary school where she is the counselor [she revels in blowing stereo-types out of the water]. So, I would never pigeon hole anyone into being "un-creative" just because their type of creativity falls outside my narrow definition of it.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    There are many types of creativity. I've seen SJs invent things before. Isn't this a type of creativity? I mean most of the inventions are for everyday practical uses, but non-the-less they are original and they are creative. Also, ISTJs, for example, have inferior Ne, which allows them to come off with witty, whimsical jokes [a type of creativity] and also causes them to have strange little hobbies to balance out their dominant Si function. I've heard ISTJs come off with some pretty creative scenarios on aliens, space ships, etc. Hence, I've seen ISTJs who engage in drawing as a hobby. I know one ISTJ who enjoys drawing comic book characters--just for fun. My aunt, who is the ESTJ of all ESTJs, the queen of ESTJs in her STJ-ness, invents amazingly clever ways to organize things. Isn't that creativity? She comes up with ideas that never cross my mind. I know another very strong ESTJ who created an adorable bulletin board at the local elementary school where she is the counselor [she revels in blowing stereo-types out of the water]. So, I would never pigeon hole anyone into being "un-creative" just because their type of creativity falls outside my narrow definition of it.
    I don't think he's being serious.