User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: STJs + FPs

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    ....and you think reprimanding is...conducive to getting FPs to ninja less from TJs?

Interesting logic.
    It was banter -- logic did not apply! There was a whole new set of rulez.
    Besides, when I posted it was an OP addressing TJs...all I did was indicate my interest in reading those responses, while staying out of the way
    TBH my initial reprimand was misinterpreting your ninja smiley as "oh look, it's going to be just like those ENFP/INTJ threads -- it's only a matter of time". Like the popcorn smiley or something. Looks like I got that one wrong
    I'm a fan of TJs - when they're yelling at someone else, that is. Preferably someone who deserved it
    Always.
    And yes, the inherent need to structure and plan your life in order to navigate it means we get to be part of your little peaceful bubble and still see the world. That is pretty epic
    Aw. I hadn't even thought about it that way. Like getting to know someone epic and powerful who lives in this huge castle -- but still having the freedom to come and go as you please.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

There is only one answer to this:

Oh and 'well duh!'
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I haven't had the pleasure to spend a lot of time with any STJs. The ones that have popped out as people to me have a kind of visceral quality, are straightforward, and tend to be a little punky. Maybe you'd describe 'em as counterphobic 6 STJs? I dig it, and I wouldn't mind finding out more someday.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I love a lot of STJs but it ultimately depends on the individual variable components of their Si/Fi how well we get along. For example I admire you, EJCC, but despised this one boss I had, he was just a petty and mean ESTJ.

I have this ISTJ conservative friend from high school who is annoyingly conservative like want to rip my face off sometimes when I read his posts...but he's actually good to talk to, he's a very educated ISTJ and he stays fairly even handed in debates, and he acquiesces points I would never expected, and is full of facts, and he's not condescending towards me, just rigid in his beliefs. If he happened to be liberal we'd probably be best friends.

My grandfather was ofc ISTJ, and JTG1984 is ISTJ and we actually got along really well, for a time, especially considering the amount of time we spent talking together was pretty intense...of course, now we don't speak, but that doesn't erase the fact that we were able to tolerate and enjoy each other's company over a span of about a year and a half, many times literally being in contact all day long. I don't know how much that is related to function.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

@Amargith having structure brought in to me like a gift is wonderful, as long as the person isn't invasive or nasty about it.

Like my ESTJ step grandmother would act like it was a crime to leave shoes in the living room, she was imbalanced in extroversion or something, my ISTJ grandfather would even get annoyed with her snatching his tea glass away sometimes, it was like she was on speed but she wasn't...

When it's more subtle it's very nice. I can live in a world that has been structured by someone else as long as they are not acting like a drill sergeant.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

(S)TJs should stick to managing obstacles that are objects and situations - not people. That's where they are a sight to behold
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

(S)TJs should stick to managing obstacles that are objects and situations - not people. That's where they are a sight to behold
    Yeah later in life I came to the conclusion that she just needed a career. So did she. She was younger than my grandfather, like 38 when she married him. She went to school in her 40s and worked after that.

Of course she had other issues too, and was court ordered to a therapist when I was about 20.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I love a lot of STJs but it ultimately depends on the individual variable components of their Si/Fi how well we get along. For example I admire you, EJCC, but despised this one boss I had, he was just a petty and mean ESTJ.

I have this ISTJ conservative friend from high school who is annoyingly conservative like want to rip my face off sometimes when I read his posts...but he's actually good to talk to, he's a very educated ISTJ and he stays fairly even handed in debates, and he acquiesces points I would never expected, and is full of facts, and he's not condescending towards me, just rigid in his beliefs. If he happened to be liberal we'd probably be best friends.
    Same for me. The ISTJ in my life is terrible for talking about politics, since we don't agree. In an exasperated angry tone, she'll say, "Republicans are bad," and treat me as if I'm so stupid for not completely agreeing with that and not understanding that I am neither a Democrat or Republican. But that's just one ISTJ...When we share a hobby, it's fun. She enjoys (at least I think she enjoys it, otherwise she'd stop) advising me on improving at my hobby/everything I do, which is helpful. When I make artsy crafty shit, she likes it.

I enjoy the ESTJ in my life, more broad minded and closer to my plane of thought. We connect best talking about morality. We both have issues with various types of cartoon animals speaking to each other (the cow talking to the pig) and agree that it's satanic. She seems to like my theories about the bible. We can both be very judgy about the behavior of others, not in terms of interacting/socializing, but how they live and plan their lives (or fail to).

Sorry EJCC, you were asking for STJ's opinions, but wanted to chime in.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Just realized that I could, in fact, summon people here. So:
    @captain curmudgeon @Habba (still around?) @SD45T-2 @Patches @The Iron Giant @d@v3 @Cimarron

Ugh what did Stephen change his username to again??
    Edit: Did not realize Stephen and The Iron Giant were the same person...
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by theDarkSide View Post
    Same for me. The ISTJ in my life is terrible for talking about politics, since we don't agree. In an exasperated angry tone, she'll say, "Republicans are bad," and treat me as if I'm so stupid for not completely agreeing with that and not understanding that I am neither a Democrat or Republican. But that's just one ISTJ...When we share a hobby, it's fun. She enjoys (at least I think she enjoys it, otherwise she'd stop) advising me on improving at my hobby/everything I do, which is helpful. When I make artsy crafty shit, she likes it.

I enjoy the ESTJ in my life, more broad minded and closer to my plane of thought. We connect best talking about morality. We both have issues with various types of cartoon animals speaking to each other (the cow talking to the pig) and agree that it's satanic. She seems to like my theories about the bible. We can both be very judgy about the behavior of others, not in terms of interacting/socializing, but how they live and plan their lives (or fail to).

Sorry EJCC, you were asking for STJ's opinions, but wanted to chime in.
    I used to talk like your ISTJ friend in my late teens and early twenties. I am pretty sure that's Fi. Later in my twenties I began to emphasize how life experience and education and upbringing relate to political and moral choices, and am therefore a lot more understanding and actually hate that kind of blind liberal dogmatism now. For me early on I just couldn't fathom my gay bashing grandfather, and other aspects of the current Republican party, but I had interestingly enough considered myself a Republican until I was twelve, and learned so much about the history of the parties that I would never make such a childish declaration now.

Lol my ESFJ ex thought talking animals were satanic. Sorry. I find it hilarious.

Yeah um JTG was more conservative in some ways but I found he and I actually agreed on many major moral issues, including environmental concerns and how people need to be stricter parents...I think it's all in the Si Fi. He was raised in a very liberal place...where as my annoyingly conservative ISTJ high school friend was raised in the South, joined the military, and now lives in basically what looks like a neo plantation house in the South with his wife.