User Tag List

First 234

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I don't have tattoos for the same reason why the white walls of my house are mostly bare (with the exception of some family photos); I don't feel as tranquil when I'm visually bombarded with stimuli. Also, I'm a type 6 and I shudder to think what would happen if the tattoo came out wrong or I changed my mind about it.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

I have one on my stomach. It is awesome, I want more.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

I'm no guardian, but I would think I would have at least one by now. Problem is it would have to be some Zen shit symbolizing the impermanence of everything, the tattoo itself being an example.

And look badass. And the right part of the body.

People with TONS of tattoos, I think it's kind of an addiction. People with a handful, either something VERY meaningful, or they just turned 21 and were drunk outta their minds. Lots of military tats. Understandably, soldiers or groups of them get 'em cuz it represents a TOTAL alteration of the course of their lives (and not saying non-military folks don't have the same reasoning).

Personally, I like the ancient glyphs such as some of these norse runes. The older the better. And equally important for me, the simpler the better. With the Norse Runes you can combine them, as they did, to create "Bind Runes"

rune chart

bind rune

One Eye sporting the latest here (well it's a brand). But not just the "fact" that it was branded on, it has an ominous quality with just a few simple strokes.

Plagerists

Then ya got your Goetic Demons, not all malevolent, and their sigils. Oriax, #59 of 72:
    The Fifty-ninth Spirit is Oriax, or Orias. He is a Great Marquis, and appeareth
    in the form of a Lion, riding upon a Horse Mighty and Strong, with a Serpent’s Tail and he holdeth in his Right Hand two Great Serpents hissing. His Office is to teach the Virtues of the Stars, and to know the Mansions of the Planets, and how to understand their Virtues.

He also transformeth Men, and he giveth Dignities, Prelacies, and Confirmation thereof; also Favour with Friends and with Foes. He doth govern 30
    Legions of Spirits
    oriax

Planetary demons and Spirits

And hell no I wouldn't get some ancient Demon Sigil tattoo that's imbedded in the collective unconscious. Real or not, shit ain't nuttin' ta fuck wit.

Perfect example would be the Necronomicon sigil, pretty much pure evil. And the Necronomicon has been around LONG before Evil Dead:
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

My Istj husband had five tattoos, my Isfj daughter has two, my Esfp daughter has two. Tattoos are irrelevant to type.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    136 sp
    Socionics
    LSE

I have 3, and would have more if I could justify spending the money, haha.

Don't know any SJs besides myself offline, but I do not have any tattoos.

Partially because the permanency would irritate me, partially because the kind of field I work in it wouldn't help me move ahead at all.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

My ISFJ sister is the only one in our family with a tattoo. She has two, and a moderate abundance of piercings.

I plan to get a tattoo soon, but just dread the pain. It will be of something you can see right now, as you read this post.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

I don't have any because there's nothing that I care enough about to get a tattoo of. But if I ever find something I want a tattoo of I'd get one. I get really annoyed when I overhear people judge others because of how many tattoos they have. Like, why do you care? Shut up and let them live and be happy.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I decided against tats because when I am old they will look like raisins on my skin. LOL
    Likes Kheledon liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    136 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    I decided against tats because when I am old they will look like raisins on my skin. LOL
    If the guardians will forgive my intrusion, here, I'd like to add that I have never had a tattoo, nor do I particularly appreciate them (except to the extent that many of them are very artfully and beautifully done). I also appreciate the fact that Silent doesn't have any.

That said, I thought it quite odd that the ENFJ is actually described as being anti-tattoo here: ENFJ - Jung Type Descriptions

Who figured out that an ENFJ would be opposed to tattoos? Who was willing to stake their professional credibility on that bit of speculation?

Whomever it was, he or she nailed me on that one, so much so that I feel vulnerable and exposed.

MBTI: ENFJ
    M/B Functional Stack: Dominant--Fe, Auxilliary--Ni, Tertiary--Se, Inferior--Ti
    Ego (Jungian): FeNi
    Socionics: EIE-Fe, Beta
    Socionics Functional Stack: Program--Fe, Creative--Ni, Role--Te, PoLR--Si
    Enneagram Type 1
    Tritype 136
    Big Five: SCOEI - sxO|E|i
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    House: Slytherin (the "ethical teacher" type, i.e. Severus Snape)
    Color Code: Blue (intimacy-driven)
    Soul Type: Educator

Sentio ergo sum.
    Likes SearchingforPeace, Silent liked this post