• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ESFJs, what do you think of INTPs?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think you're all sadistic and domineering masterminds of the dark side! :mad:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't know what your type is, but I don't think you are an ESFJ.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
We have [MENTION=13646]Haven[/MENTION] and @Snowbread :heart:

Edit: shit it wasn't snowbread. I forgot her name. Something like that though

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I WAS SO FUCKING CLOSE

(I like my version better - she should get a name change)

She could stand in for both ESFJ and ENFJ. I like her.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm now imagining a loaf of snow.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm now imagining a loaf of snow.

Is it weird that every time I see snow I want to eat it? It looks so creamy like ice cream, but tastier! :happy2: I want to try using it in recipes some day.

What does Showbread mean anyway?

Edit: shit I'm derailing this goodbye

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

You're not suppose to eat the yellow snow...

yeti.jpg

"What? They're lemon!"

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Okay I felt like making more of a contribution so:

One of my best friends (not the ESFJ bestie I always mention in my posts but another ESFJ) has been dating an INTP since the beginning of senior year which was one year ago. They went on dates, played video games, had sex, basically everything that came with the fun parts of a relationship and the not-so-fun parts too. They fought a lot because he refused to officially "declare" that they were boyfriend and girlfriend. To be fair though, his fear of commitment is a little sensible. Besides the reason that most NPs (or Ps in general) usually fear it, his parents got divorced while he was young, he had two crazy girlfriends in the past - one who was really suspicious and controlling and one who planned out their wedding and children, so he probably didn't want to lose her by committing to her in a sense. They said they could date or hook up with other people and while my ESFJ friend did that like once or twice he basically was always exclusive to her. She would get mad at him a lot because they were basically in a relationship except it was more ambiguous. Another guy ended up taking her to prom and he did really stupid stuff like stealing the booze from her purse and putting it back with the flask open so she didn't have fun at all. She ended up calling INTP dude once she got home and were fighting about how she wanted what was between them to be more clear. She also got upset with him frequently because he would never express his emotions or tell her how he felt so she always felt as if she was left in the dark. Eventually, once she left for college, he brought her flowers and said goodbye to her. He started crying and said that he didn't want to lose her and that he wants to be in a relationship with her so things finally got sorted out. Now they have an open relationship where they can date and hook up with other people while she's away in school so nothing really changed in terms of exclusiveness but at least they finally figured out they want to be together! I think things can work out since they're both still in California and he has the time to make visits and stuff.

Anyway that's my story.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]
if wanted her back, he should have showed it to her through his actions.

baccheion

It's strange that I keep hearing about commitment issues on the part of the INTP. I don't have any. I'm either not interested, interested, or trying to figure out which. If there is any confusion, then I'm usually not interested, but they are convinced that I am (and that I'm playing hard to get or are shy or some other BS). It's strange how full of excuses women I don't like can be as they stand in denial of the fact that I'm not interested. They are almost always trying to play the nerd card against me, as though just because I'm smart and quiet, then I'm a nerd or a loser with no standards that should just take whatever comes my way (even if it's shit) while being grateful, because that's the best I can do. Can you see why I wouldn't be interested in people like this? Anyway, maybe I should start a thread about this to see how common it is.

ESFJs I knew kept trying to "get me out of my shell." That was their number one thing. It was very annoying and they wouldn't leave me alone. I'm guessing they have a problem with quiet people, or get off on the vulnerability (it's been socially accepted that you're weird, so I can be a bitch to you) that allows them to annoy endlessly trying to get them to "open up." It's like they'll do anything they can get away with. They always try to keep up appearances by speaking highly of me, but it was always clear they were lying, and it was hard to tell what they really thought. But one thing seemed clear: they didn't think much of me or anyone else that didn't fit the outgoing and popular stereotype, as if not being such things made them lesser human beings.

Even when they started feeling "close" to me (read: they declared victory, because got what they wanted (which was nothing good and usually revolved around my embarrassment or debasement)), every breath they took made it clear just how typical they were in their thinking (they think they are doing you some great favor by caring about you). Also, any social progress (getting popular/known after winning something, for example) under their watch that they weren't involved in or that they couldn't take credit for resulted in them getting extremely jealous, and it's like they were fighting themselves to not try to tear me back down. It's like they have this very strange image of who I am in their minds (you're a nerd so you are all of these negative things), and they refuse to let it go.

They had issues accepting or complimenting my intelligence, because it was a positive quality, and they couldn't even mention it unless they found a way to spin it into "double talk" (sounds like a compliment, but it's either meaningless or an insult in disguise). Everything had to be a showcase of them showing how nice they were or they wouldn't do it or would start complaining about being used. But, more importantly, everything had to be a showcase of how nice they were while they actually did nothing to help. "And I'm going to bless you with this nothing, because I'm so nice, and now you should bow at my feet and worship me, even though what I'm doing here means nothing and means nothing to you." If there was ever a type in my life that rested on and abused "it's the thought that counts" it would be these people. It was like death to them if they actually did anything that was worth a damn. I don't know what their problem was.