• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFJ] Ask an ESFJ

DreamBeliever

here are 9 forms of intelligence:
1. Logical Intelligence (someone logically smart would be good in math, physics, etc.)
2. Musical Intelligence (being able to hear music and remember it note for note, and being good in instruments)
3. Visual Intelligence (being able to visually imagine things. Also known as Spatial Intelligence)
4. Natural Intelligence (being able to understand nature and living beings well)
5. Lingual Intelligence (being able to understand languages well, their grammar, the phonetics, etc.)
6. Philosophical Intelligence (understanding morals, metaphors, why we exist, etc.)
7. Intrapersonal Intelligence (being able to understand yourself really well)
8. Interpersonal Intelligence (being able to understand other people really well)
9. Physical Intelligence (being strong, being fast, and being good in anything sports-related)

Give every category a "_/10" rating, please.

We actually learned about this in my developmental psych class. I know you're tempbanned, but I've been dying to actually respond to this.
1. I was great at math when I was younger, not so much now. I'll say about average. 5/10?
2. Well, I play guitar & a little bit of a few other instruments. I also got an A in music theory & music appreciation. I definitely can't remember music note for note, though. lol 6/10?
3. Well, I'm pretty darn good at sports. 7/10?
4. Not more or less than most, I guess. 5/10?
5. I used to be huge into learning foreign languages. I took 3 yrs. of Spanish & got As & Bs. 5/10?
6. 4/10?
7. 2/10?
8. 6/10?
9. I'm not a very fast runner at all. I have good hand-eye coordination, however. 6/10?

DreamBeliever

I read it as "How smart are you?" because that's what I've wrote, and nothing else.
I was looking for an exception, that I may be wrong that ESFJs are the stupidest type. My bad, my bad.
I gave you the chance to prove me wrong and you threw it away like an empty can of soda. You are proving me right if you don't do this.
But then again, if you DO do it, what's gonna happen is unpredictable. How fun, I love riddles... :)
Another question: "Why so serious?" Take it easy, since I don't mean to offend anyone here. Also, why do you even care?

Well, I guess I've proved you wrong now. ;)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Nah, I just don't care what I am at this point.

Isn't this thread mostly for ESFJs to solidify ideas about their type to others? I feel like the way you're using it right now it seems more like you're using the thread to do the opposite and solidify your type for yourself. Maybe it's best for you to lay off these kinda threads until you have a definite idea for what your type is - so then when you're posting in a "Ask an ____" thread you're a more solid source for answers.

Hey, you could always make an "Ask an Unsure Typee" thread. :D

DreamBeliever

Isn't this thread mostly for ESFJs to solidify ideas about their type to others? I feel like the way you're using it right now it seems more like you're using the thread to do the opposite and solidify your type for yourself. Maybe it's best for you to lay off these kinda threads until you have a definite idea for what your type is - so then when you're posting in a "Ask an ____" thread you're a more solid source for answers.

Hey, you could always make an "Ask an Unsure Typee" thread. :D

I have a thread called Ask me ANYTHING!!! Actually, I've just been itching to answer some of the questions on here I've come across before. Nothing more to it.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I always thought it was weird how everybody on INTPcentral would bitch about their ESFJ mom. Is it really possible that all those INTPs had an ESFJ mom? I somehow doubt it.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always thought it was weird how everybody on INTPcentral would bitch about their ESFJ mom. Is it really possible that all those INTPs had an ESFJ mom? I somehow doubt it.

I remember that. I'm pretty sure it was a good example of mass hysteria. Probably INTPcentral itself was a good example of mass hysteria.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I remember that. I'm pretty sure it was a good example of mass hysteria. Probably INTPcentral itself was a good example of mass hysteria.

Yes, it was extremely common, from what I remember.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Yeahhh, no. I think everyone and their mom just thinks that they have an ESFJ mom because ESFJs often assume caregiver like roles. I would also be curious to know how many of these INTPs who are allegedly "scarred by their ESFJ mothers" still live in said mother's basement.

DreamBeliever

Yeahhh, no. I think everyone and their mom just thinks that they have an ESFJ mom because ESFJs often assume caregiver like roles. I would also be curious to know how many of these INTPs who are allegedly "scarred by their ESFJ mothers" still live in said mother's basement.

I kind of don't understand this myself? Sorry to jump into your guys conversation. I just don't think everyone thinks their mom is an ESFJ, alothough I suppose you're exaggerating to make a point? Personally, my mom's an ISTP, & she's far from being a "caregiver".

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ Agreed.

More generally, a lot of people think they have SJ parents/grandparents because in their mind, authority figure = SJ.

I kind of don't understand this myself? Sorry to jump into your guys conversation. I just don't think everyone thinks their mom is an ESFJ, alothough I suppose you're exaggerating to make a point? Personally, my mom's an ISTP, & she's far from being a "caregiver".
A whole lot of people do on typology forums. Not as much in real life.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

i'm not exactly INTP and my mom's not ESFJ but a woman who i consider a sort of a second mom is an ESFJ very religious and head strong it's her way or no way. but she cares she does. and I don't think i was scarred by her, but i know when she tells me to pray about it or that jesus will make it alright, i just nod and pretend to agree. anyways she's not been in good health lately she has diabetes and health complications from that and is in her 60s. and she was in the er a week ago. and my mom told me then the next day she goes yeah i'm going to a funeral. I was like "was it her"? and my mom goes no it was someone from work's husband, and said if she died i'd tell you. and I was like good, because i'm coming home for that. even if it's not an excused absent i'm gonna be like we might not be blood related might not even be the same race but she's family. as you can see my mom's probably not an ESFJ cuz i don't trust her to tell me something important like that.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I wonder if what a lot of people see as Fe is actually person focused Se

This head strong my way or highway doesn't sound like harmonizing Fe to me

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I wonder if what a lot of people see as Fe is actually person focused Se

This head strong my way or highway doesn't sound like harmonizing Fe to me

This brings up a question I've had about Fe for a while now. Bear with me 'cause I'm barely (hah) awake.

What are the different ways for Fe to manifest? Maybe in a good, bad, and ugly kind of way? I'm used to seeing the harmonizing descriptions and while I can recall instances of my own behavior matching that, by and large I feel like my Fe is somethign more...adaptive? As in, trying to integrate but no so much with the desire to bring unity to a group and more about feeling things out and trying to get a sense of the kind of people I'm dealing with so I can better react to them, I guess?

Anyway, i'm wondering if these are just different forms of Fe? Or is it the difference between a clear Fe lead and one filtered through two other functions? Or maybe I'm mixing up Fe with Ne or Se a little bit.

ESFJs (and others for whom it applies), is there a pattern to how your Fe manifests? What influences, if any, do you think your supporting functions have on it?