User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

Thread: Ask an ESFJ

I know that ESFJ are friendly by nature, but do you trust people easily? How long it takes you to consider somebody your friend? (I know it depends on person, situation etc, but is it days, weeks, months, years...)
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Kas View Post
    I know that ESFJ are friendly by nature, but do you trust people easily? How long it takes you to consider somebody your friend? (I know it depends on person, situation etc, but is it days, weeks, months, years...)
    Time depends on my initial "read" on someone, it can be almost instant if I feel good enough about the other person, or it can take a long time. During this time of uncertainty I watch them and how they treat me and other people. I don't see trust as a binary thing though, everyone can be trusted with something, the important thing to me is to see what someone can and can't be trusted with, a "trust map" if you will. What's also important is a person's intentions, I'd forgive someone for lying if they had good intentions, and I wouldn't appreciate the truth if they had bad intentions. I don't think I'd be a person's friend if they had consistently bad intentions or if they were habitual liars.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.
    Likes Ghost, yama liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    Do you gossip alot? Are you loud all of the time? Do you ever need time to withdraw? How often do you think you use Ne? Does it help to guide you socially, or do you ignore it in favor of Fe? I mean obviously you use Fe more, but you rely on different functions depending on where you are? If you had to guess, what is your ratio of Fe usage compared to Ne usage?
    I gossip a lot for a guy, but I think ESFPs have me beat. I'm rarely loud, I know it can be upsetting to others, so I try to save it for when it's appropriate. I frequently use Ne, I can use it in social situations that I already feel comfortable in, though if I overuse it I get myself into trouble so after some time of fun I'll feel a need to bring myself back into balance. I think it's like a 75/25 ratio on a good day. I think I use Si as a guide through socials situations, I have good and bad feelings about things and I try to react appropriately, unfamiliar people and settings cloud my ability to get the feel of a situation and react appropriately and I can start having doubts.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

What are your greatest intellectual accomplishments?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I've noticed this with the ESFJs I know so I wonder if this is a common pattern - are you typically less organized than you'd like to be? It seems like ESFJs appreciate structure and organization in their lives (I mean who doesn't, but moreso than the other GTG types), but can get caught up hanging out with friends or pursuing less practical interests that they can forget their own needs and feel too out of control for their liking. I also wonder if this could contribute to ESFJs mistyping as ENFPs (@Starry).
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

Hmm... Ill ask what I asked in another one of these things...

What got you interested in MBTI? How did you discover it?

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I've noticed this with the ESFJs I know so I wonder if this is a common pattern - are you typically less organized than you'd like to be? It seems like ESFJs appreciate structure and organization in their lives (I mean who doesn't, but moreso than the other GTG types), but can get caught up hanging out with friends or pursuing less practical interests that they can forget their own needs and feel too out of control for their liking. I also wonder if this could contribute to ESFJs mistyping as ENFPs (@Starry).
    I'm probably not the best person to answer this and could be an outlier because I have OCPD but I'll answer anyway. I'm a very organized person. Sometimes people can distract me, if I have friends over I let them trash the place but as soon as they're gone I clean it up and I try to keep is in organized chaos mode as they go. If things aren't perfectly organized I get really stressed out. But at work I tend to not care because all the other employees treat my area (the customer service desk) like a trash can and every time I clean it up the next day it's trashed so I stopped caring. But, overall--very organized.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    Hmm... Ill ask what I asked in another one of these things...

What got you interested in MBTI? How did you discover it?
    A friend had me take it once and I didn't know what it was when I got my result so I looked it up and just found it interesting. Then I tried to get my friends interested in it... colossal failure lol. So that's why I'm her eon this forum. I've known about MBTI for a few years now and know a lot more now than I did back then. I like it in a "that's a cool personality test" kind of way and abhor when people use it in a "I won't associate with you because you're x type" kind of way. To me, it's basically a game or a way of narrowing down how a person KIND OF it, but even within types there's so many differences.
    MBTI: ESFJ
    Enneagram: 6w7 9w1 2w3 so/sx
    Temperament: Phlegmatic | Sanguine
    Astrology: Leo Sun | Aries Moon | Leo Rising
    Johari | Nohari

not a type description

In what situations does your inferior Ti show? How would you say it manifests itself?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Are you romantically interested in INFP's?

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

Quote Originally Posted by DreamBeliever View Post
    In what situations does your inferior Ti show? How would you say it manifests itself?
    Mine is not developed very well, so really only when I'm very stressed out. I'm not sure how to explain how it manifests itself. Poor logic that, since subjective, is hard for others to follow?? Being unable to articulate what I mean? Well, to say the least--it is very, very bad. Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by great_bay View Post
    Are you romantically interested in INFP's?
    I could find myself being romantically interested in any type. However, (and this is where individual sexual preference comes into play, regardless of type) I would only ever date an INFP who I was already close friends with. But that goes for every type for me.
    MBTI: ESFJ
    Enneagram: 6w7 9w1 2w3 so/sx
    Temperament: Phlegmatic | Sanguine
    Astrology: Leo Sun | Aries Moon | Leo Rising
    Johari | Nohari

not a type description