User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

Thread: Ask an ESFJ

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    I am not a huge fan of Mariah Carey actually... She made some comments about hating her body, and described herself as "disgusting" when she was out of shape after having a her twins that really rubbed me the wrong the way. I can be a little bit of a feminazi when it comes to the way women's bodies are portrayed in the media. So when women that have made themselves role models for teen girls make such derogatory remarks about themselves it sets me off a bit. Her twins are absolutely adorable though, and she really is extremely talented. Just not someone I look up to.
    Oooh, I see. I'm a bit disappointed actually. Like the time Kelly Clarkson said she wasn't a feminist because she wasn't "pushy" and she liked to be taken care of. I was like DAMMIT KELLY I HAVE TO EDUCATE YOU.

I don't think I have any ESFJ family members or friends, but in terms of famous people...

http://www.celebritytypes.com/esfj.php

According to that page though, Jennifer Garner and Anne Hathaway are ESFJs and I really like both of them. They're both very classy, and Jennifer has been married a whole 10 years, that's like 50 in Hollywood years. There are a few fictional ESFJs that I really like as well, particularly Molly Weasley.
    I usually don't trust that website because some of their typings are just whack (Kanye West as an ISFJ?!) but I think their typing of Anne Hathaway is reasonable.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Oooh, I see. I'm a bit disappointed actually. Like the time Kelly Clarkson said she wasn't a feminist because she wasn't "pushy" and she liked to be taken care of. I was like DAMMIT KELLY I HAVE TO EDUCATE YOU.

I usually don't trust that website because some of their typings are just whack (Kanye West as an ISFJ?!) but I think their typing of Anne Hathaway is reasonable.
    No! Kelly! That makes me sad. I've always liked her too.

Ugh, Kanye as an ISFJ? That's wacky. I only skimmed the ESFJ one. I forgot to mention Leslie Knope and Liz Lemon (both fictional). They are both ExFJs and fabulous. Leslie is actually my avatar.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    xNTJ

Kanye West is definitely Ne dom and almost certainly ENFP. Just throwing that out there. Celebrity Types is crap.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

I was pleased to see kanye appear in Anchorman 2
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I have an ESFJ flatemate/landord and I like her a lot. But our socialization can sometimes end in a bust, as I desire to make things more abstract (to me, interesting) while she prefers to keep things more grounded. The issue is that perhaps I DO find her conversation interesting, because it stimulates me enough to lead me to want to express connections and observations I find interesting that she...perhaps doesn't. Part of me (one must assume a rather arrogant self-centered part) refuses to believe that a woman as intelligent as she is has little motivation to pursue exploration of the abstract. I wish she could join me on them, but I also wish I could join her on the topics she likes to discuss. She is ever so good for humoring me, however.

So I guess my question is.

Am INTP. Have ESFJ flatmate. What do?
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Eruca View Post
    I have an ESFJ flatemate/landord and I like her a lot. But our socialization can sometimes end in a bust, as I desire to make things more abstract (to me, interesting) while she prefers to keep things more grounded. The issue is that perhaps I DO find her conversation interesting, because it stimulates me enough to lead me to want to express connections and observations I find interesting that she...perhaps doesn't. Part of me (one must assume a rather arrogant self-centered part) refuses to believe that a woman as intelligent as she is has little motivation to pursue exploration of the abstract. I wish she could join me on them, but I also wish I could join her on the topics she likes to discuss. She is ever so good for humoring me, however.

So I guess my question is.

Am INTP. Have ESFJ flatmate. What do?
    This makes me laugh, because I can totally relate. Three of my closest friends are INTP, INTJ, and INFP. For the most part, I enjoy discussing abstract theoretical things with them. But, I seem to have a threshold of how long I can handle these discussions. Usually with INFP and INTP I can go for a really long time. I find myself getting frustrated and withdrawing from the conversation when it becomes so theoretical and detached from reality that I really just can't justify wasting the brain on examining it any further.

For example: We were at dinner discussing the type of person we wanted to marry. INTJ friend insists she wants to marry someone just like herself. She then goes on to stipulate that it should be legal to actually marry yourself. We laugh, continue to discuss what that would be like, etc. But then, she takes it further and insists that people with multiple personality disorder should be allowed to have their different personalities marry eachother. And that the ONLY reason that would be a problem, is if they finally went to therapy because they wouldn't be abel to determine which personality was the actual real one.

That's were I decided I was done. But she could have EASILY continued for another solid ten minutes.

So, for the actual advice part... If you want to discuss abstract concepts, maybe try to make an effort to make them somehow applicable to reality? Or just don't get too crazy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Hi there!
    Do you know any friends/family members of yours who have one cognitive function different than your own type?
    If so, have you compared the similarities/differences between you both?
    And if so again, did they make sense in terms of personality theory, or just make sense in terms of uniqueness between people?
    Yes! My dad is an ESTJ, and we get a long for the most part. But, we disagree on almost everything. I generally attribute this to his total lack of Fe. The idea of the "greater good" is completely foreign to him. He approaches pretty much everything from a pretty individualistic perspective. Which, is pretty foreign to me.

One of my good friends in high school, who I am still in touch with, is an ESFP. We get a long really well when we are one-on-one, or in the presence of other females. But, throw men into the mix and she can drive me nuts. She has a constant need for attention, particularly male attention, that drives me crazy! She's also bit flakey, which is a pet peeve of mine.

One of my roommates is an ENFJ, and we get along swimmingly for the most part. She can be a bit moody and self-centered from time to time. But, so can I. She also nags a lot. But again, I have a tendency to do the same. We have pretty similar personalities for the most part though. I would say the biggest difference between us I would attribute to enneagram actually. I'm a 2w1, and she is a 3w2. Even though her 2 wing is pretty strong, she is definitely way more structure and achievement driven than I am. Her biggest commitments are the ones related to her personal success, and mine are to nurturing relationships with the people important to me. But again, that more enneagram than MBTI.
    Last edited by Showbread; 01-17-2014 at 11:03 AM.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    I like them quite a bit! Two of my good friends are ENFJs. I feel like we just kind of click in a lot of ways. We usually have very animated, very intense conversations about life. I live with a lot of introverts, so when I spend time with people who love to talk about their feelings as much as I do it's a real treat. I should also mention that I do often mistype as an ENFJ... I take the Humanmetrics MBTI test every so often and about half the time I test ENFJ. So, my perspective might be a bit biased. But, I just like xNFJs a lot in general. If I could pick any type to marry it would be an xNFJ.
    In what way do you relate to ENFJs?

Being an Fe-user, do you feel trapped by how much ESFJ hate there is on the Internet? Does your Fe make you feel alone because you're the least represented type online?

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    Being an Fe-user, do you feel trapped by how much ESFJ hate there is on the Internet? Does your Fe make you feel alone because you're the least represented type online?
    Alone to some extent, but usually if I'm patient enough and put enough of myself out there, people come out of the woodwork. If not, then ehhh at least I said my piece.

I like that you've included Kreia in your signature.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    In what way do you relate to ENFJs?
    Hmm, a lot of ways. My ENFJ friends and I are sometimes creepily similar. My ENFJ roommate and I literally finish each other's sentences sometimes. I tend to like the same tv, music, food, and movies as my ENFJ friends. We generally respond to situations the same way, both emotionally and in the way we approach a potentially problematic situation. I just feel like we generally operate on the same wavelength. Planning things with ENFJ roommate is so easy. We prioritize the same way.

I don't know if this is type related, but my ENFJ friends and I are basically taste-bud twins. We like all the same foods, and enjoy cooking them.

It's typing things like this that make me think I really am an ENFJ. But, then I remember that I use Si like there's no tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    Trapped isn't the right word. It's a forum, I know could leave if I wanted to (I don't want to). Sometimes I feel a little bit isolated, and of inferior intelligence. But, I've also met some really great people, fellow SJs and N types. I'm also pretty used to being surrounded by Ni/Fi. Most of my friends are IN types.
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*