First 91011121321 Last

Thread: Ask an ESFJ

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    What do you think of ENFJs?
    I like them quite a bit! Two of my good friends are ENFJs. I feel like we just kind of click in a lot of ways. We usually have very animated, very intense conversations about life. I live with a lot of introverts, so when I spend time with people who love to talk about their feelings as much as I do it's a real treat. I should also mention that I do often mistype as an ENFJ... I take the Humanmetrics MBTI test every so often and about half the time I test ENFJ. So, my perspective might be a bit biased. But, I just like xNFJs a lot in general. If I could pick any type to marry it would be an xNFJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Winds of Thor View Post
    How well might you like ENTPs?
    What is your impression(s) of them?
    I can't honestly think of any ENTPs that I actually know. I'm sure I've encountered many, I just didn't know any of them well enough to type. I generally like INTPs though... Sorry! I generally just associate ENTPs with Jack Sparrow.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    I like them quite a bit! Two of my good friends are ENFJs. I feel like we just kind of click in a lot of ways. We usually have very animated, very intense conversations about life. I live with a lot of introverts, so when I spend time with people who love to talk about their feelings as much as I do it's a real treat. I should also mention that I do often mistype as an ENFJ... I take the Humanmetrics MBTI test every so often and about half the time I test ENFJ. So, my perspective might be a bit biased. But, I just like xNFJs a lot in general. If I could pick any type to marry it would be an xNFJ.

I can't honestly think of any ENTPs that I actually know. I'm sure I've encountered many, I just didn't know any of them well enough to type. I generally like INTPs though... Sorry! I generally just associate ENTPs with Jack Sparrow.
    Hahaha
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

I love your opinions/beliefs, your avatar, and your signature. Will you eat waffles with me?
    I really like cats and food.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    How do you feel if a guy you are interested in is obviously interested, but doesn't give you compliments? Do you need compliments? I don't feel like I need them, but I admit to liking them.

(I mean of course genuine compliments that mention things that you like or admire about someone... not insincere flattery.) I am reluctant to give out compliments of any kind for some reason, perhaps because I am afraid it makes me too transparent or something.
    Somehow I missed this one, sorry!

How exactly do I know he is obviously interested? I guess I often associate compliments with flirting. So, to answer your question I do really like compliments. Not sure if that's an ESFJ thing, or an e2 thing though... I think I do get a lot of validation from being well liked. That said, I am definitely not one to fish for compliments, and I don't think they are necessary for my self-esteem/self worth. But, I do really enjoy them especially if they are sincere and from someone who I am close to.

More in reference to the bolded part, I think that makes your compliments that much more meaningful when they are given. One of my good friends who is INTP doesn't give compliments often. But, everyone once and awhile he says some very meaningful and kind things. I am usually forbidden from repeating them to our other friends. I think he might have a similar fear of transparency/vulnerability.

Quote Originally Posted by Devi View Post
    I love your opinions/beliefs, your avatar, and your signature. Will you eat waffles with me?
    Of course! I would never pass up an opportunity to eat waffles with someone. Also, the brown haired boy in your avie has the exact same unfortunate hair cut that one of my brothers had for most of the '90s.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Of course! I would never pass up an opportunity to eat waffles with someone. Also, the brown haired boy in your avie has the exact same unfortunate hair cut that one of my brothers had for most of the '90s.
    Thank you so much, I'm very pleased right now. How do you like your waffles? With cream cheese, butter, maple syrup, etc.? When I was younger, I loved waffle sandwiches with turkey slices and cream cheese.

I feel so sorry for your brother.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Devi View Post
    Thank you so much, I'm very pleased right now. How do you like your waffles? With cream cheese, butter, maple syrup, etc.? When I was younger, I loved waffle sandwiches with turkey slices and cream cheese.

I feel so sorry for your brother.
    Peanut butter with banana slices? Or butter with a drizzle of honey, please.

Right? We laugh so hard at the pictures now. I'll have to post a few somewhere...
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Are there any people you believe are ESFJ that you look up to or relate to? Family, celebs, etc. Mariah Carey comes to mind.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Peanut butter with banana slices? Or butter with a drizzle of honey, please.

Right? We laugh so hard at the pictures now. I'll have to post a few somewhere...
    *serves Showbread dozens of waffles with a bowl of peanut butter, a bowl of banana slices, a bowl of butter, and a bottle of honey*

I haven't tried waffles with butter and honey. One day I will though.

You definitely should!!!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Per request of chubber. Ask away friends!
    Hi there!

Do you know any friends/family members of yours who have one cognitive function different than your own type?
    If so, have you compared the similarities/differences between you both?
    And if so again, did they make sense in terms of personality theory, or just make sense in terms of uniqueness between people?

I'm an ESTP, My Dad is an ESTJ, and one of my best friends is an ESFP.
    I have much in common with both, but also glaring differences.
    These commonalities and differences amongst similar folk well known to me have been interesting to ponder on.
    Just wondering if you've observed similar phenomena.

Thanks for your thoughts!

-Halla74
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Are there any people you believe are ESFJ that you look up to or relate to? Family, celebs, etc. Mariah Carey comes to mind.
    I am not a huge fan of Mariah Carey actually... She made some comments about hating her body, and described herself as "disgusting" when she was out of shape after having a her twins that really rubbed me the wrong the way. I can be a little bit of a feminazi when it comes to the way women's bodies are portrayed in the media. So when women that have made themselves role models for teen girls make such derogatory remarks about themselves it sets me off a bit. Her twins are absolutely adorable though, and she really is extremely talented. Just not someone I look up to.

I don't think I have any ESFJ family members or friends, but in terms of famous people...

http://www.celebritytypes.com/esfj.php

According to that page though, Jennifer Garner and Anne Hathaway are ESFJs and I really like both of them. They're both very classy, and Jennifer has been married a whole 10 years, that's like 50 in Hollywood years. There are a few fictional ESFJs that I really like as well, particularly Molly Weasley.
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*