User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Thread: Ask an ESFJ

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    Haha! I definitely agree with Honor, I get really frumpy if I don't eat.

If I am grumpy with a particular person I can't be around them. Everything they do will start to annoy me and I'll nit pick and bite their head off. Space and spending time with other people helps. If I'm just having a generally crappy day I watch a sitcom like Friends or Parks and Recreation. That always helps.

But honestly, I'm not a very moody/grumpy person in general. If I am feeling pissy it's usually because I'm stressed.
    Do you find that you have strong emotional reactions to things in your life, around you, or in the world?
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    Do you find that you have strong emotional reactions to things in your life, around you, or in the world?
    Yeah, it depends though. I probably get upset/angry most, typically if I feel betrayed or taken advantage of. I usually also get really worked up over things I find unjust or unfair.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    Yeah, it depends though. I probably get upset/angry most, typically if I feel betrayed or taken advantage of. I usually also get really worked up over things I find unjust or unfair.
    What kind of things do you find unjust or unfair?
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    What kind of things do you find unjust or unfair?
    Racism, sexism, a lot of current immigration laws, to a degree capitalism. The fact that some of my good friends currently cannot marry their significant others because so many people, including members of my immediate family feel that their religion is threatened by marriage equality.

It's kind of funny, when I'm at school living on my own with mostly like minded people I forget that people even have different opinions on these things than I do. Then I come home for the holidays and get a rude awakening. Lets just say it's been an interesting week and a half.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

How often does ESFJs lose things, day to day important things. Like credit cards etc.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    How often does ESFJs lose things, day to day important things. Like credit cards etc.
    I would love to say "never," but seeing as I spent nearly 2 hours at the Department of Motor Vehicles yesterday applying for a replacement drivers license, I can't. But, I will say pretty rarely. My checkbook fell out of my purse once, so I had to replace things for that... But, I don't really count that as losing it. So, other than the lost driver's license I've never really lost anything super important before. I've never lost a cell phone either. Never understood how so many of my peers managed to do that in high school.
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

ndovjtjcaqidthi

What do you think of ENFJs?

@AffirmitiveAnxiety - Now that you have "taken the black" and taken up the position of INFP (a post you can never leave) what are your views of ESFJs? Do you feel you made the right decision in defending them previously?

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    @AffirmitiveAnxiety - Now that you have "taken the black" and taken up the position of INFP (a post you can never leave) what are your views of ESFJs? Do you feel you made the right decision in defending them previously?
    Did I defend ALL ESFJ's? Besides I think even I can admit my original issues with how people approach this theory and the stereotypes that arise, were largely based in a rather hypocritical dislike of generalising something in a harmful manner.

But with typology, there is little solid evidence, it's heuristic, so I felt more justified in my....irritation. When the shit hits the fan in someone's life, it's so...SO fucking easy to turn to a target and paint that as the issue. Sometimes it can be, but only in part and a shit never came from one source.

Let's assmume MBTI is as proven as something can be in this world without resorting to discussions of a descartian nature about reality. An ESFJ might be to blame in someones life, they might make it hell and be part of the variables that piss all over that person's well being.

But even so I'm still wary of giving into that urge to just lump aspects into a category and call it a day, it seems lazy and dangerously so.

Having said this, though, I've probably been touting the horn of indignation far too much when it comes to this subject and I'm trying to learn how to take it more in stride.

Often...people just want to vent their frustrations and as long as it doesn't lead to something tangible, I can recognise my urge to jump the gun prematurely.
    Sometimes they could be right in their perception and the ills of ESFJ's could be characterised in an individual, sometimes they could be wrong in that perception and pigeonhole a person unfairly.

Sometimes we learn something, sometimes we don't. Sometimes we laugh...and sometimes the clown comes home and murders his small pet gerbil Horace.

I've lost my train of thought here...whatever..run with it.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

How well might you like ENTPs?
    What is your impression(s) of them?

Thanks
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'