User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: How ISTJ am I?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    8

    Default How ISTJ am I?

    I am always typed as ISTJ by tests, which is fairly accurate, but I sometimes wonder what others would say I am. From this list of qualities, what would you type me as?

    I see emotions as weaknesses, but although I wouldn't care to admit it, I do feel very much. This being said though, I strongly dislike talking about my emotions. (bleckk)
    I don't like people who "think with their heart."
    I can be quite insensitive at times.
    I am very perceptive of others, and can often figure people out relatively quickly...
    I have very little control of my emotions.
    I absolutely hate crying, especially in front of people, as I see it as a submission to emotion, and therefore a weakness. However, I have a tendency to be overwhelmed very easily, and am prone to crying (although I hate myself for it.)
    I am very black-and-white when it comes to life. Things are good or bad, yes or no, true or false.
    I can't stand having people behind me, whether it be in line, in a room, in class, etc. (Is this even personality related?)
    I am energized by being with people initially, but after a while I am completely drained.
    I am painfully shy around people I am not comfortable with, to the extent that I won't even move. However, if I am with people I am comfortable with, I am very outgoing.
    I am a thrill-seeker, but also I am very pre-occupied with "the rules."
    I despise change with a passion. In fact, I moved to a new place and it has taken me three years to start feeling comfortable....
    I am the kind of person who eats breakfast at 8, lunch at noon, and dinner at 5:30, whether I am hungry or not. Those are the times designated for eating, right? Also I like to have the same exact thing for breakfast every day.
    I get bored very easily.
    I love learning about other people, their lives, and their problems.
    I am very anxiety-prone.
    I have no problem being alone, but if I am alone for extended periods of time, I get quite sad.
    I am very conservative with money, almost to a point where it's bad...
    I can be very hypocritical.
    I can not be bothered to think about getting married, or even being in a relationship. Love is an emotion......therefore a weakness....blah blah blah. I feel odd saying that though, as I don't consciously believe that. It's more of a very predominant subconscious belief.
    I can't stand being late to things, but sometimes I am anyways....oops.
    I work very hard at things I care about, but if I don't care, I will put very minimum effort in. This is my problem with school... I need things to be practical, and quite frankly, finding the function of a parabola is not practical.
    I often see people as robots, who are to be manipulated. This is how I think, but not always how I act...I can be quite caring if I wish.
    People's first impression of me is that I seem very standoffish and mad, even though I'm usually not.
    Although I despise change, sometimes I crave it, because things get boring very quickly.


    I could write more, but what do you think? I am always confused because I am one thing, and at the same time I am the opposite....It is driving me crazy actually.

  2. #2
    Member Eye of the Potato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brookeedesiree View Post
    I am always typed as ISTJ by tests, which is fairly accurate, but I sometimes wonder what others would say I am. From this list of qualities, what would you type me as?

    I see emotions as weaknesses, but although I wouldn't care to admit it, I do feel very much. This being said though, I strongly dislike talking about my emotions. (bleckk)
    I don't like people who "think with their heart."
    I can be quite insensitive at times.
    I am very perceptive of others, and can often figure people out relatively quickly...
    I have very little control of my emotions.
    I absolutely hate crying, especially in front of people, as I see it as a submission to emotion, and therefore a weakness. However, I have a tendency to be overwhelmed very easily, and am prone to crying (although I hate myself for it.)
    I am very black-and-white when it comes to life. Things are good or bad, yes or no, true or false.
    I can't stand having people behind me, whether it be in line, in a room, in class, etc. (Is this even personality related?)
    I am energized by being with people initially, but after a while I am completely drained.
    I am painfully shy around people I am not comfortable with, to the extent that I won't even move. However, if I am with people I am comfortable with, I am very outgoing.
    I am a thrill-seeker, but also I am very pre-occupied with "the rules."
    I despise change with a passion. In fact, I moved to a new place and it has taken me three years to start feeling comfortable....
    I am the kind of person who eats breakfast at 8, lunch at noon, and dinner at 5:30, whether I am hungry or not. Those are the times designated for eating, right? Also I like to have the same exact thing for breakfast every day.
    I get bored very easily.
    I love learning about other people, their lives, and their problems.
    I am very anxiety-prone.
    I have no problem being alone, but if I am alone for extended periods of time, I get quite sad.
    I am very conservative with money, almost to a point where it's bad...
    I can be very hypocritical.
    I can not be bothered to think about getting married, or even being in a relationship. Love is an emotion......therefore a weakness....blah blah blah. I feel odd saying that though, as I don't consciously believe that. It's more of a very predominant subconscious belief.
    I can't stand being late to things, but sometimes I am anyways....oops.
    I work very hard at things I care about, but if I don't care, I will put very minimum effort in. This is my problem with school... I need things to be practical, and quite frankly, finding the function of a parabola is not practical.
    I often see people as robots, who are to be manipulated. This is how I think, but not always how I act...I can be quite caring if I wish.
    People's first impression of me is that I seem very standoffish and mad, even though I'm usually not.
    Although I despise change, sometimes I crave it, because things get boring very quickly.


    I could write more, but what do you think? I am always confused because I am one thing, and at the same time I am the opposite....It is driving me crazy actually.
    Well what scares you more? Change? (Ne) Or expressing your emotions to people you know quite well? (Fe)

    Which one has been more of a struggle for you in your life?


    Nobody is a cardboard cut out. We can all be a hundred different ways from day to day. The trick is, figuring out what you do predominantly, over time.
    Maybe the reason you feel like you are going crazy, is because you can't put yourself into a neat category, it's not all black and white.

    For example, if you like thrill seeking, on a scale of 1 to 10, how would you compare your love of thrill seeking, to your preoccupation with following the rules?

    And if you like being on time and hate being late, yet sometimes manage to be late, try to compare how often you are on time, to how often you are late. To give you something to compare this to and get a little perspective, I'm an enfp, and I'm late 80% of the time. If you were an istj and my opposite, you might be late 20% of the time. Which is good time keeping.

    You say you feel things very strongly. You seem to be consciously aware of your emotions, but you just don't value them. An istp, finds it difficult to identify their emotions, they don't know what they are feeling, because Fi is an unconscious function for them. So the fact that you are consciously aware of them, suggests istj to me.

    Watch these video's and see which one you relate to better.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfBq8dvac1o


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21sXF8PyHS8

  3. #3
    Senior Member tinker683's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,663
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eye of the Potato View Post
    Well what scares you more? Change? (Ne) Or expressing your emotions to people you know quite well? (Fe)

    Which one has been more of a struggle for you in your life?


    Nobody is a cardboard cut out. We can all be a hundred different ways from day to day. The trick is, figuring out what you do predominantly, over time.
    Maybe the reason you feel like you are going crazy, is because you can't put yourself into a neat category, it's not all black and white.

    For example, if you like thrill seeking, on a scale of 1 to 10, how would you compare your love of thrill seeking, to your preoccupation with following the rules?

    And if you like being on time and hate being late, yet sometimes manage to be late, try to compare how often you are on time, to how often you are late. To give you something to compare this to and get a little perspective, I'm an enfp, and I'm late 80% of the time. If you were an istj and my opposite, you might be late 20% of the time. Which is good time keeping.

    You say you feel things very strongly. You seem to be consciously aware of your emotions, but you just don't value them. An istp, finds it difficult to identify their emotions, they don't know what they are feeling, because Fi is an unconscious function for them. So the fact that you are consciously aware of them, suggests istj to me.

    Watch these video's and see which one you relate to better.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfBq8dvac1o


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21sXF8PyHS8
    I suppose you are correct. I am definitely more ISTJ than ISTP...I know an ISTP very well, and they do seem to be emotionally vacant sometimes, which I am definitely not. And your first question is quite difficult, as both are equally intimidating...

    Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    MBTI memes are fantastic!

  5. #5
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,436

    Default

    You seem pretty ISTJ.

    Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    Ohmygod. Did you make that, or find it??
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  6. #6
    Senior Member PimpinMcBoltage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    157

    Default

    You'd probably fit into ISTJ pretty well MBTI wise. Though since everyone is a "functions" freak, then I am also going to say that a lot of your points seems to edge towards you being an egotic thinking dominant (T > S). I see the inferior form of feeling pop up as the fact that you are also black-white morality wise. Those who are Thinking dominants often experience childish, stubborn relationship with things that cannot be factually accessed. Such as what you value and whatnot.

    Your enneagram type seems more 5ish than 6ish to me. I don't really seem to see much themes of have any sort of theme of having issues with inner guidance. It's mostly just following procedure in order to fight against the chaos of the world, and to know it completely. But I'm not so secure in that assessment. I can also see you as being a 1.
    Phelgmatic-Jewish-Communist-Islamic-Transethnic-Asexual-National Socialist

  7. #7
    Senior Member tinker683's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brookeedesiree View Post
    MBTI memes are fantastic!
    Indeedy!

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Ohmygod. Did you make that, or find it??
    I made it on Meme Generator just for this thread

    To give a serious answer to the OP: You seem pretty ISTJ to me.

    However, if I may play the role of father-ISFJ for a moment - You sound like you have some distorted ideas about emotions and I think you need to talk to someone about that. But that's just me
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

  8. #8
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    ISTJ sounds like a good fit to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin McBoltage
    I don't really seem to see much themes of have any sort of theme of having issues with inner guidance. It's mostly just following procedure in order to fight against the chaos of the world, and to know it completely. But I'm not so secure in that assessment. I can also see you as being a 1.
    This is interesting. I could see 1 as well. Though, I have heard the idea of the "Prussian" 6, typically 6w5 and sx-last, who uses order as a way to fight against the strongly-perceived uncertainty, which would be 6 underneath.

    @tinker683 - excellent!!

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PimpinMcBoltage View Post
    You'd probably fit into ISTJ pretty well MBTI wise. Though since everyone is a "functions" freak, then I am also going to say that a lot of your points seems to edge towards you being an egotic thinking dominant (T > S). I see the inferior form of feeling pop up as the fact that you are also black-white morality wise. Those who are Thinking dominants often experience childish, stubborn relationship with things that cannot be factually accessed. Such as what you value and whatnot.

    Your enneagram type seems more 5ish than 6ish to me. I don't really seem to see much themes of have any sort of theme of having issues with inner guidance. It's mostly just following procedure in order to fight against the chaos of the world, and to know it completely. But I'm not so secure in that assessment. I can also see you as being a 1.
    I could very well be a 1...I don't know very much about enneagram (yet) and so 6w5 is simply the test result I received...I will definitely explore it more though! Do you have any recommendations as to where to learn more about it?

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    Indeedy!



    I made it on Meme Generator just for this thread

    To give a serious answer to the OP: You seem pretty ISTJ to me.

    However, if I may play the role of father-ISFJ for a moment - You sound like you have some distorted ideas about emotions and I think you need to talk to someone about that. But that's just me
    Yeahh it's kind of bad....Although I may have come across stronger in my original post than I intended, I really do have some weird ideas about it... It's quite awful at times.

Similar Threads

  1. On a scale of 1-10, how creepy am I?
    By The Ü™ in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 01-01-2014, 12:31 PM
  2. [ISTJ] How ISTJ's make decision For ISTJ's Mainly but anyone is welcome!
    By Jstrazz in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2013, 02:15 PM
  3. How old am I?
    By Anentropic IxTx in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 04:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO