User Tag List

First 567

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I think I'm quite unique. My personality, my interests, etc. Perhaps downright strange sometimes.

I'm more fond of the word, "simple". Not as a bad trait, but a positive one. I don't have grandiose or lofty desires. I don't need a great deal in this life to make me happy. I'm a personal with simple needs and simple goals.

I think a lot of SJs would identify with that feeling.
    I've thought this as well. Like, they don't make things more complicated than they need to be- in their psychology, desires, activities, thoughts, etc. I'm glad you agree; I didn't want that to sound insulting.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I think I'm quite unique. My personality, my interests, etc. Perhaps downright strange sometimes.

I'm more fond of the word, "simple". Not as a bad trait, but a positive one. I don't have grandiose or lofty desires. I don't need a great deal in this life to make me happy. I'm a personal with simple needs and simple goals.

I think a lot of SJs would identify with that feeling.
    I like this and I agree. When I was younger I used to say this a lot about my ambitions and desires.

People forget that complex does not in any sense necessitate useful, accurate or...to put an even more personal subjective spin on this: good.

One of the issues I sometimes have with this forum is that there is an air of over complication for the sake of over complication. Of course people make something as complicated as they wish and I'll admit I am not innocent in this. Others would say that this is merely a byproduct of in-depth reasoning.

But maybe I am at odds with that as I experience information as free flowing rather than reasoning, from this another person might extrapolate that I enjoy irrationality and forgo critical thinking or analysis. Not necessarily.

That's my issue though, I don't feel free to explain something as I sincerely understand it, in simplicity and obviousness, without someone taking it somewhere else other than I intended, at which point explanation becomes a dead horse long before the beating has even begun.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.