User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    There are certainly patterns associated with certain types. I think, however, that the ones we have associated with SJs are off and inaccurate. There are individuals who throw off these patterns for any type, however I think the pattern ascribed to SJs is not even close to being correct. The association with political conservatism is bunk, although perhaps it might be true for many of the SJs you have known personally.

SJ's may, however, define the characteristics of a culture of group, however. That's a very interesting theory, that the presence of a single set of character traits or interests associated with a specific group is due to the SJs holding on to those. There might be something to that.
    To be honest the whole SJ = Guardian/Guard thing I kind of relate to a different typology matrix, one which has conscientious, adventurous, devoted, vigilante personality types, each has a shadow so there's also neurotic, anti-social, obsession, paranoic and see what is being discussed in relation to SJ as a combination of conscientious and vigilante traits.

So an SJ who is a liberal could patrol discussions seeking to safe guard and promote the rights of their favourite underdogs, while an SJ who is not may patrol discussions seeking to challenge or counteract any rabble rousing liberals, the impluse or drives behind it would be the same, each could be described as "traditionalist" from within their own context.

The problem on this forum and others is that traditionalists, patrolling etc. is all exclusively associated, and negatively too, with authoritarian, old fashioned, out moded, conventional by implicitly (possibly vulgar if I'm being charitable) cultural liberalism, therefore that leads to attributions about types and also of types to particular people, when they express particular opinions. The opinion rather than the behaviour is being analysed.

The whole SJs are ubiquitous and numerous idea, closely associated with conformist and compliant which is probably implicit, is interesting though, it probably relates to the same cultural liberal ideology with its minority as underdog focus, or maybe an older Leninist deal about enlightened vanguards. Either way it sucks. Sucks donkey balls. In hell.

Nobody is unique. Individuals do not exist. Prepare for assimilation.
    And then the Borg had a Queen and they fucked up what was a good, scary humanoid villain the sort of which frightened me as a kid more than vampires and zombis.

Shit when I think about it TV and film has deliberately ruined all the monsters I was afraid off as a kid. It'd be awesome if this was all a deliberate shady, illuminati conspiracy to remove all prospects of trauma from the screen isolating shite parenting as the single variable in society fails.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

The Borg are a metaphor for out of control globalization.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

your resident asshole

To everyone:

Nobody is unique. Individuals do not exist. Your favorite band is irrelevant as to my assessment of your character. You may have put different letters in your MBTI description, but I can guess with probably 90% certainty what your last three MBTI letters are. Prepare for assimilation into soulless Ti.
    Oh shit. Everyone on this forum is actually one person with multiple accounts.

WHAT IS REAL?

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Oh shit. Everyone on this forum is actually one person with multiple accounts.

WHAT IS REAL?
    This is all a dream. Tomorrow, everyone will wake up and find that they are, in fact, Nicholas Cage, if they are good (admirable), or Jar Jar Binks, if they are evil wicked (impish).
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

WALMART

People really don't get Si.

Was Monet just an average artist?

your resident asshole

This is all a dream. Tomorrow, everyone will wake up and find that they are, in fact, Nicholas Cage, if they are good, and Jar Jar Binks, if they are evil.
    Nicolas Cage, eh?

------

Now how do I relate this back to the topic? Um. We are all special snowflakes. According to this site, Nic Cage is an INFP. According to the OP, N's are more unique than N's. And the above video displays the quality of uniqueness and anti-normalcy by superimposing Nic Cage to a naked Miley Cyrus. It also shows a great display of talent, as syncing up the two images surely took some effort. Truly, the person who created the video is the specialest snowflake of them all.

--------

Okay. This was a terrible post, but I really don't want to write my paper.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    Yes lol.
    Yes to the above post or to the OP?

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

So really the question becomes, is normal defined by the collection of personality types/temperaments by percentage, or, if it had been the case that other subsets of the population were predominant, would these types have conformed to the majority to the extent that they still would have been more "normal"?

I think it's a continuum rather than a dichotomy, so the answer will lie more on one side or the other. I'm guessing it's more PC to say the former, but my stereotypical argument that SJ's are more into conformity might have some merit. I don't know. I'm willing to throw it out if it looks like it's mistaken.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Well, what is conformity? Is it necessarily a conscious thing? Maybe somebody is just doing what they would do anyway, and that happens to be in line with norm.

Some people considered themselves to be non-conformists, but then they just end up conforming to something else. That's still adherence to standards, it's merely different standards. I do not believe this should be considered to be more "individidualistic" because it's really not. For instance, someone might get involved in the punk scene, and then start bitching about how too many people in the scene aren't "punk" enough. I can never wrap my head around why some people consider that "better" than the other thing (unless it's perhaps merely what they would do anyway).

I kind of think non-conformity, being "weird", and '"genuineness" are bandied about these days in such a way that the words have lost all meaning. The only true non-conformists have severe mental illnesses. You probably see them on street corners talking about how the Chinese stole our Eggos.

Visit my Johari: