User Tag List

12 Last

Default Advice from ESTJ's

I've scored ESTJ many times over, and the majority of the descriptions fit me to a tee; however some do not.

ESTJ
    I am demanding, controlling, rigid, not aware of how I come across to others. However, I am also intensely loyal and protective of those who are close to me. I will give the shirt off my back to those I love. I am uncomfortable with emotional outbursts and comforting people when they are crying (get me away!!); however if I am stressed I do cry. And if you blatantly disrespect me on moral grounds, you're dead to me.
    I think a lot of people can't get past the exterior of ESTJ's but if they learned what was inside they'd be surprised (my opinion).

Things that don't seem ESTJ ish (although I could be wrong)

I am very creative and love making crafts, designing and photography. I also like to write fiction, mostly poetry. (The big picture eludes me when trying to compile a story from start to finish). I'm also quite scatterbrained. I love making lists and organizing things; however half the time I lose my post it's. I'm forever losing my keys, glasses.

I also think in images. How do other ESTJ's think? In words, images, or some other context? I also make connections to things easily when thinking; however at the same time I am also very linear and prefer my information in that fashion. I hate ambiguity.

I know that ESTJ's shadow type is INFP. I'm an animal activist and have a strong compassion for animals-not the in your face type that INFP's are though. How often do you think we actually use our shadow function?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Maybe we should see what a self-typed ESTJ like @EJCC thinks.

Everything you wrote above "(my opinion)" is introverted feeling in action. You probably use it a lot but you are unaware that you are. Compassion isn't really a pre-requisite.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

@kikat I'm not an ESTJ, but we should have a few things in common.

We both think in images and are a bit scatterbrained, trying to be organized but never quite getting there, and I also occasionally write poetry.

You seem ESTJ to me, and you have an imagination and some compassion. Rock on. I think your imagination and compassion come from inferior Ne/Fi.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Compassion isn't really a pre-requisite.
    How often do you think we use our inferior functions? If I am am ESTJ, then I think I use my Ne/Fe a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    I think your imagination and compassion come from inferior Ne/Fi.
    I do agree, but I wonder how often we actually use our Fi/Ne.

Quote Originally Posted by kikat View Post
    How often do you think we use our inferior functions? If I am am ESTJ, then I think I use my Ne/Fe a lot.
    From what I understand your inferior function (introverted feeling) is of critical importance to you as an ESTJ. It is even more important that Si and Ne which are more like tools. Te and Fi have a complex relationship where Te is the method of both articulating the Fi's need and defending it from the outside world. Fi provides Te with a reason for organising and implementing - it provides incentive. There is probably Fi involved in nearly every decision you make. To see Fi you need to stop and follow back the reasons behind your decision. Eventually you will find a reason which is rooted in your own personal desires.

Other than that you probably use Ne a lot as an extrovert.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

Other than that you probably use Ne a lot as an extrovert.
    I don't think being an extrovert is a factor, since external forces tend to keep us from expressing our ESxJ creativity. I think being alone allows Ne to show itself.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    I don't think being an extrovert is a factor, since external forces tend to keep us from expressing our ESxJ creativity. I think being alone allows Ne to show itself.
    For Ne to operate at full capacity you need external stimuli. Communication works but so too does solitary activities as long as they involve outside stimulation e.g. walking through woodland or a busy road. The benefit of Ne however is that it still operates for a while afterwards so you can make use of it when alone.

Compare your mind when a) you spend a few hours alone after work and b) when you don't go out at all during the day (nor watch television nor interact with others.) There is a sizeable difference in mental activity.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

Compare your mind when a) you spend a few hours alone after work and b) when you don't go out at all during the day (nor watch television nor interact with others.) There is a sizeable difference in mental activity.
    lacking simulation makes me want to look outward for new things, while being over stimulated makes me want the familiar.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.