Umm... Hi! It' s rather unusual for me to write on a forum that is not about my type, but anyway...
I have a question about my mom. According to my observations, she is an ISTJ. I' m not really an experienced typer, but I can say she is an ISTJ by following qualities:
- She is rather introverted, her work involves socializing with people, and when she returns home, she seems tired. Prefers our small family to large companies. Enjoys movies more than meeting real people. ( however, I don' t remember her in her youth, since she had me at the age of 30. She might be an E who has grown cynical and world - weary)
- She is very traditional by - the - book. Mostly follows the rules and trusted ways to do things. Sometimes a little bit too concervative when it comes to explanations about unexplained things in the world. Like, she believes there are witches, devils, dark spirits, and other such things( I know this might an F trait, but she believes in them, because, according to her logic, " most people believe, and majority can' t be wrong" , which might also be an overly - traditional - ST logic) , while I try to find a more scientific explanation to this, like: aliens, parallel worlds of another matter, extrasensorical abilities caused by some unstudied section of brain, or some another organ that might answer for them.
- She pays a lot of attention to detail. She is a neat freak. And little things always worry her more than the big ones, which seem unreachable to her, while I am more into big plans and little things seem too little for me to notice. She may not tell me how good I am in math, but she will definately go berserk if I didn' t put my socks into the wardrobe, or if I close the door loudly, or if I won' t pack my schoolbag the exact time she said.
- She likes planning, and living by the plan, while this tires me a lot. When we go on a sea vacation, she sets up a strict schedule, in which we have to wake up at 7 a. m. and go to the beach, because sun becomes radioactive after 12 p: m. After 2 weeks, I' m like " Mom? We follow this schedule so many days along. Maybe we can make an exception and sleep or at least go for a walk? " .
- She likes logic, and, like me, dislikes irrationality. However, our definitions of logic somewhat vary. She has more down - to - earth, carry - out - an - action logic, while my logic is more clody, generate - an - idea type.
So, for reasons above I consider her an ISTJ. However, there is one gift that seems out - of -type( or at least something I don' t know about her type) . She is a capable manipulator( and maybe even something more) , and even applies it to me sometimes. When we' re arguing or have some disagreement, it first ends as a draw even if I' m logically right. We walk away from each other, and once again when I see her, she either talks to me as if this didn' t happen, or she totally ignores me. But either way, for some reason she makes me feel so guilty that I throw out my logic and start apologizing right away. After this passes, I feel I shouldn' t have acted like that, I should' ve stood up for my opinion, but in some minutes I start feeling this guilt once again, this time that I don' t want another fight to disturb her. I tried manipulation defence, but it never worked, every time this happened I still felt guilty. As far as I know, my class( I mean NTs, INTJs especially) and not SJs are better manipulators. But this even seems more than manipulation. This is some kind of an extraordinary gift I will never be able to understand. Or maybe she just manipulates so masterfully that I don' t even notice this. Like I said, she showed very little N traits. But is it possible that she developed her Ne in order to achieve that? Or if she didn' t, what is this thing?