User Tag List

MBTI
    IxTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    LSI

Default What about ISTJ - ISFJ relationship

Does anyone have any insight or experience?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i know a couple like this but they both scored almost 50/50 on the s/n so i'm confused about their types. they are fantastic together tho.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Depends on the couple of course, but that sounds like a tough combo to me.

MBTI
    IxTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    LSI

Yeah it didn't work out.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jstrazz View Post
    Yeah it didn't work out.
    Not terribly surprising. I dated an ISTJ 1w2 and that was almost too much Si for one relationship.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

My parents were an ISTJ husband - ISFJ wife couple. That lasted a good 22 years... In the end, what dissolved the love was too much selflessness and responsibility--they were determined to put aside anything and everything for their children (us). My dad took a night shift position while my mom worked during the day, so that one of them would be with us at home at all times. They rarely had time to spend together for years on end, mostly just weekends. When they divorced, that is what they told me they wish had been done differently.

To me, this "lesson" is bittersweet. It's uncomfortable for me to think that selflessness and responsibility could be damaging to a relationship and a family.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.
    Likes chubber liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    My parents were an ISTJ husband - ISFJ wife couple. That lasted a good 22 years... In the end, what dissolved the love was too much selflessness and responsibility--they were determined to put aside anything and everything for their children (us). My dad took a night shift position while my mom worked during the day, so that one of them would be with us at home at all times. They rarely had time to spend together for years on end, mostly just weekends. When they divorced, that is what they told me they wish had been done differently.

To me, this "lesson" is bittersweet. It's uncomfortable for me to think that selflessness and responsibility could be damaging to a relationship and a family.
    The ISTJ 1w2 I dated cited too much giving, and ultimately resentment and passive aggression towards his past girlfriends as a good part of the reasons why it didn't work. He took a lot of the responsibility for this, didn't blame them really. We broke up because he moved across the country. It would have been interesting to see how that would have played out for us, given that I also have a pretty intense 2 wing. I know his last girlfriend was an INTJ, so I can see how that would have been not great.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

My best impression is that similarities in experience and culture would be especially important for two Si-doms because the past has a strong impact on shaping perspectives and assumptions with Si. It is also a function that is especially detailed and discriminating in its perception of the concrete world, so having similar taste in aesthetics and experiences could also play a significant role in compatibility.

I think the majority of my colleagues in classical music are Si-doms, so I've noticed their strong opinions based on their discriminating taste. There is a tendency for my colleagues to feel strongly about a certain aesthetic in performing, so if they have different schools of technique or style, then they tend to remain at odds on those points, but this is not to say that some enjoy the debate of different perspectives and tend to have a mutual respect for their different viewpoints, because it is understood that all are carefully and responsibly crafted.

I think it could be an ideal pairing, or the conflicts would be continual, but I'm not certain about that because I know there is a huge range of how people use any given function.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

my sister and her husband are ISTJ and ISFJ. they've been best friends since they were kids. i think what works for them is a nice balance of fun and tradition. they have a nice little routine, they go to church every sunday and do family functions, they have the same group of friends, they play soccer and videogames together, and both like the same kind of comedy. he's the feeler and she's the thinker and a huge tomboy. i think he likes her because she's kind of like one of the guys, and he doesn't have to branch too far out of his comfort zone to connect with her. they're totally adorable.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.