• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] Calling all ISTJ females

A

A_priori

Well I know I was warned by a few people here but her structure and lack of effort is getting to me a little bit. I'm starting to feel like I have to schedule and appointment just to call and talk to her. She's super sweet though, I guess I'm just starting to get a better sense of our differences as the smoke clears.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well I know I was warned by a few people here but her structure and lack of effort is getting to me a little bit. I'm starting to feel like I have to schedule and appointment just to call and talk to her. She's super sweet though, I guess I'm just starting to get a better sense of our differences as the smoke clears.
"Lack of effort" meaning lack of emotional effort? Or too closed-off to make an effort? Something like that?

dnivera

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Be direct and tell her how you feel. If someone told me that I wasn't giving enough to the relationship, I would immediately apologize and explain myself. As someone who is very aware of politeness and rudeness, I'm sure she's aware if she's crossing the line and being rude, especially to someone she cares about.

When I first started dating my ENFP husband, I felt smothered by his clinginess and constant need for attention. I needed a lot more recharge time, as an introvert, and felt smothered by the constant e-mails, calls, and his constantly being there. We finally talked about it and I said, "you're calling me too much. It doesn't mean that I don't love you, but I need my alone time!"

SJs are very practical. I'm sure you will be able to work out a schedule that works for both of you.