User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Default Does this description sound like an ISFJ?

For a long time I have suspected one of my friends to be an ISFJ, but after examining more closely I'm not quite as sure. What do you guys think based on the following list?

-she has a tendency to be very cynical
    -spends money conservatively,
    -aspires to be kind of a hippie, is really into Buddha
    -likes to change clothes a lot
    -Talks about all her "weird" personality traits and quarks. Considers herself "strange"
    -anti-religion. Not sure of atheist, but definitely against established religion.
    -got very frustrated and confronted her teacher once for teaching the class poorly (doesn't seem to promote harmony)
    -seems to enjoy alcohol a decent amount - even drinking alone
    -enjoys travel and cultural studies
    -enjoys expression via social media
    -is more profane than the average female
    -follows her boyfriend around like a puppy
    -used to play sports, goes to the gym regularly, always remains physically fit
    -doesn't get along well with her family

If you had to assign a type to this set of attributes, what would it be?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Traits that seem ISFJish: spends money conservatively, enjoys expression via social media, goes along with SO.
    Traits that do not seem ISFJish: kind of a hippie, changes clothes a lot, talks about "weird"ness, confronted teacher, doesn't get along with family.

Neither/either: very cynical, anti-religion, enjoys alcohol, enjoys travel, is profane, physically fit.

I could see more ISFP out of this, maybe ISTP minus the boyfriend thing.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by chalky_lemon View Post
    For a long time I have suspected one of my friends to be an ISFJ, but after examining more closely I'm not quite as sure. What do you guys think based on the following list?

-Talks about all her "weird" personality traits and quarks. Considers herself "strange"
    -anti-religion. Not sure of atheist, but definitely against established religion.
    -got very frustrated and confronted her teacher once for teaching the class poorly (doesn't seem to promote harmony)

I don't know what type but I seriously doubt this would be an ISFJ. Maybe some kind of SP.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

ISFP prolly...I don't think that they're good with money though, maybe good at making, but not always good at being conservative with it

they are cynical

they drink alcohol...some of them ..and can drink it alone...along with doing other drugs...alone

I have known a lot that follow their SO's around, I feel like that's if they're younger though)

ISFJ...most likely not gonna drink alone

ISFJ most likely not gonna consider herself strange

ISFJ is not gonna confront a teacher to tell them that

ISFJ prolly not gonna be as profane as others...(that sounds more like a dominant thinker)

If she's not ISFP ...prolly ESFP, ESTP, or ISTP

Although this list doesn't give much info about her functions.

Are you familiar with the cognitive functions?

Do you know which ones she uses?
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Stansmith

I had an ISFJ cp6 friend who was profane and confrontational

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

INFP

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Sounds more IxxP, and like others, probably more ISxP, although InxP is not out of the question. Leaning towards her being a Feeling type, but it's hard to say based off just this.

-aspires to be kind of a hippie (more so idealizing being bohemian)
    -seems to enjoy alcohol a decent amount
    -goes to the gym regularly, always remains physically fit

These could apply to me in varying degrees.

I'm close to them & can get along, but we can have a more tumultuous dynamic than some families.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I don't know, but half of those points could be my ISFJ mum. She's not very hippish and alternative, though.

But I can't exactly see many ISFJs confronting a teacher in front of everyone; a ESFJ, maybe.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Hmm.... I'll respond in order

1) I can be, though I like to think of myself as someone who "hopes for the best, plans for the worst" sort of guy.

2) On certain thing...yes I can, on other things I can spend money like it grows on trees. For example, I detest going out "drinking" because of the cost of alcohol. On the other hand, I have no problem dropping $200 on an Apple device or something similar to it because I'm a gadgetphile

3) Not at all. I'm a Dockers/Banana Republic kind of guy. I'm actually trying to emulate my dress style off of Michael Buble, because he's a suave looking chap

4) Not. at. all. In fact a criticism my ex gave me was just how limited my wardrobe was. I don't see the need for 40 pairs of pants, just 5-10 that I'll wear regularly and wash regularly

5) I have mild Aspergers Syndome so I have some quirks but I like to consider myself a mild-mannered nerd or an "Executive Millennial"

6) I'm an atheist who has taken a keen interest in Taoism and Confucianism and has begun trying to apply the principles these two schools teach but am strongly against calling myself 'spiritual' because of the connotations that word has. I'd like to just think I'm striving for inner peace

7) Not at all. If I'm not happy with a class, I just leave said class or I (quietly) grumble to myself and fantasize about hacking into their computer and making their desktop wallpaper a giant penis (Not that I'd ever actually do that, but the mental picture of them sitting down and discovering that is incredibly amusing)

8) I like having a glass of red port that's sold from a local brewery that I really like but otherwise....no. Truthfully, while I don't have any issue with alcoholic drinks in and of themselves, I do intensely dislike how much of a crutch they can be to a lot of people (and I don't include alcoholics in this generalization)

9) Very much so! On all the plane trips and cruise ships I've gone travelling on, I'm always the guy with excessive amounts of Dramamine

10) Yup. I live on Facebook. Don't care for twitter, it feels like the diet coke of Facebook

11) People get surprised when they learn how much I actually swear. I seem to evoke this image of being a wholesome, 'gosh-darn-it-geez-whiz' kind of guy and people have no idea how wrong they are

12) If I could have followed my ex around like a puppy, I would have, but she didn't want to see me nearly as often as I wanted to see her (which I suppose is one of the reasons why she's my ex! ). Being with and spending time with my partner are important to me.

13) Sports I never took too but physical fitness is something I've taken a big interest in as of late. Between my kung fu classes/practice sessions and my sessions with my personal trainer, I've taken a liking to pushing myself

14) I get along swimmingly with my family. The same can not be said about them with other members though

Hope that helped
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I second INFP. Though ISFP crossed my mind.

It was the confronting the teacher as well as being good with her money thing that made me lean towards INFP more, since they have Si. I'd even consider INFJ.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green