User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 25

  1. #1
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,595

    Default ESTJ and ESFJ Characters

    One TV character that I thought could be an ESTJ (or possibly ESFJ) is Michael from "Arrested Development". I like that character to represent the type because it is hard not to like him for his sincerity and efforts to keep his family together. Anyway, can people think of other characters that represent these types?
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

  2. #2
    Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    I've been making myself a list of fictional characters according to type. Many of them are my own typing so, I'm not sure if the consensus disagrees. A few of them I'm a bit iffy about (eg. the ESFJs could be ESTJ or ISFJ) because I'm still pondering them. I'd be interested to see what the SJs say anyway.

    ESFJ
    Ned Flanders (The Simpsons)
    Molly Weasley (Harry Potter)
    Lord and Lady Grantham (Downton Abbey)
    Peeta (The Hunger Games)
    Marge Gunderson (Fargo)
    Kitty (That 70s Show)
    Mary Poppins (Mary Poppins)
    Clarissa Vaughn (The Hours)
    Bilbo Baggins (The Hobbit)
    Rabbit (Winnie the Pooh)
    Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz)
    Rose (Lost)
    Debra and Marie (Everybody Loves Raymond)
    Inigo Montoya (The Princess Bride)
    Carla (Scrubs)
    Woody (Toy Story)
    Theoden (LOTR)
    Wickus van de Merwe (District 9)

    ESTJ
    Sergeant Hartman (Full Metal Jacket)
    Captain Barbosa (Pirates of the Caribbean)
    Gale (The Hunger Games Series)
    Dolores Umbridge (Harry Potter Series)
    Princess Leia (Star Wars)
    Tony Soprano (The Sopranos)
    Scarlett O’Hara (Gone With the Wind)
    Margo (All About Eve)
    Buzz Lightyear (Toy Story)
    Mr. Knightley (Emma)
    Boromir (LOTR)
    Angelica (Rugrats)
    Lois (Malcolm in the Middle)
    Clair Huxtable (The Cosby Show)
    Mrs. Rachel Lynde (Anne of Green Gables)
    Dr. Kelso (Scrubs)
    Catelyn and Robb Stark (Game of Thrones)
    Miranda Bailey (Grey’s Anatomy)
    Ana Lucia (Lost)
    Regina (Mean Girls)
    Mattie Ross (True Grit)
    Lady Catherine de Bourgh (Pride and Prejudice)
    Sister Aloysius (Doubt)
    Monica (Friends)
    Hillary Faye (Saved!)

    I haven't watched enough of Arrested Development to know if you're right about Michael
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

    I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

    - Emily Bronte

  3. #3
    Senior Member MetalMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I've been making myself a list of fictional characters according to type. Many of them are my own typing so, I'm not sure if the consensus disagrees. A few of them I'm a bit iffy about (eg. the ESFJs could be ESTJ or ISFJ) because I'm still pondering them. I'd be interested to see what the SJs say anyway.

    ESFJ
    Ned Flanders (The Simpsons)
    Molly Weasley (Harry Potter)
    Lord and Lady Grantham (Downton Abbey)
    Peeta (The Hunger Games)
    Marge Gunderson (Fargo)
    Kitty (That 70s Show)
    Mary Poppins (Mary Poppins)
    Clarissa Vaughn (The Hours)
    Bilbo Baggins (The Hobbit)
    Rabbit (Winnie the Pooh)
    Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz)
    Rose (Lost)
    Debra and Marie (Everybody Loves Raymond)
    Inigo Montoya (The Princess Bride)
    Carla (Scrubs)
    Woody (Toy Story)
    Theoden (LOTR)
    Wickus van de Merwe (District 9)

    ESTJ
    Sergeant Hartman (Full Metal Jacket)
    Captain Barbosa (Pirates of the Caribbean)
    Gale (The Hunger Games Series)
    Dolores Umbridge (Harry Potter Series)
    Princess Leia (Star Wars)
    Tony Soprano (The Sopranos)
    Scarlett O’Hara (Gone With the Wind)
    Margo (All About Eve)
    Buzz Lightyear (Toy Story)
    Mr. Knightley (Emma)
    Boromir (LOTR)
    Angelica (Rugrats)
    Lois (Malcolm in the Middle)
    Clair Huxtable (The Cosby Show)
    Mrs. Rachel Lynde (Anne of Green Gables)
    Dr. Kelso (Scrubs)
    Catelyn and Robb Stark (Game of Thrones)
    Miranda Bailey (Grey’s Anatomy)
    Ana Lucia (Lost)
    Regina (Mean Girls)
    Mattie Ross (True Grit)
    Lady Catherine de Bourgh (Pride and Prejudice)
    Sister Aloysius (Doubt)
    Monica (Friends)
    Hillary Faye (Saved!)

    I haven't watched enough of Arrested Development to know if you're right about Michael
    Everyone's been saying Peeta is an ISFJ or ENFJ. I don't think he's introverted.

  4. #4
    Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by opeth98 View Post
    Everyone's been saying Peeta is an ISFJ or ENFJ. I don't think he's introverted.
    There's no way he's introverted and I see no Ni whatsoever. I put that down to N typing bias.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

    I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

    - Emily Bronte

  5. #5
    Senior Member MetalMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    There's no way he's introverted and I see no Ni whatsoever. I put that down to N typing bias.
    Exactly. Gale is always 'N' too...it's like it's a revelation that sensors are intelligent human beings...

  6. #6
    Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by opeth98 View Post
    Exactly. Gale is always 'N' too...it's like it's a revelation that sensors are intelligent human beings...
    ... and complex, interesting and valuable contributors to a story too.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

    I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

    - Emily Bronte

  7. #7
    Senior Member MetalMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    ... and complex, interesting and valuable contributors to a story too.
    I have a hard time believing that. They're just there to be antagonistic in their stupidity...right?

  8. #8
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    ESTJ
    Miranda Bailey (Grey’s Anatomy)
    Regina (Mean Girls)
    Monica (Friends)
    Dammit, the three ESTJs I instantly thought of when I said this thread title and you took them all. Should've gotten here sooner.

    ESFJ

    Amy (Futurama)
    Blossom (Powerpuff Girls)
    Cordelia (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
    J.J. (Criminal Minds)
    Jackie (That '70s Show)
    Katara (Avatar)
    Maizono (Dangan Ronpa)
    Osono (Kiki's Delivery Service)

    ESTJ

    Lotus (9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors)
    Maribelle (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
    Mimi (Lovely Complex)

    My list is so tiny.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  9. #9
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post


    My list is so tiny.
    I suspect any list is tiny, even the bigger ones above, if we were to compare them to intuitive characters, because fictional writers are more likely to be intuitive.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  10. #10
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    I suspect any list is tiny, even the bigger ones above, if we were to compare them to intuitive characters, because fictional writers are more likely to be intuitive.
    True, plus ESJs tend to be more supporting characters than main characters. I think most S main characters tend to be ESPs. I'd enjoy a list of some ESJ main characters (Cady from Mean Girls has been typed as ESFJ, although I think she's ISFJ).
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJs (ESTJ, ISTJ, ESFJ, and ISFJ) and ADHD
    By bradly00 in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-27-2016, 07:32 PM
  2. [MBTItm] ESTJ and ESFJ Relationship
    By tulula998 in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-31-2010, 06:07 PM
  3. New fictional character: ESTJ or ESFJ?
    By Tamske in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-28-2010, 10:59 AM
  4. [ESTJ] ESTJs and emotional outbursts
    By EJCC in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 11-14-2009, 08:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO