User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Rabbit and Bilbo Baggins both seem ISFJ to me. And Gale strikes me as more NTJ or STP (though I wouldn't rule ESTJ out entirely). Besides that: no major objections so far.

Additions (and I'm not sure about a lot of these):

ESTJ
    Walter Sobchak (The Big Lebowski)
    Maria LaGuerta (Dexter)
    Erika Berger (Girl With The Dragon Tattoo trilogy) -- edit: arguably ENTJ, since she seems a bit more detached than ESTJs usually are. Hard to know.
    Lisa Cuddy (House)
    William Riker (Star Trek: TNG)
    Hermione Granger (Harry Potter series) -- arguably ISTJ but I like to claim her as my own

ESFJ
    Both Captain America and Superman (depending on the iteration)
    George Bailey (It's A Wonderful Life)
    Beverly Crusher (Star Trek: TNG)
    Donna Moss (The West Wing)
    Blair Waldorf (Gossip Girl)
    Last edited by EJCC; 07-18-2013 at 01:59 AM.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Rabbit and Bilbo Baggins both seem ISFJ to me.
    Yeah, this is likely. They do always seem annoyed when people invade their space

And Gale strikes me as more NTJ or STP (though I wouldn't rule ESTJ out entirely).
    I think he's definitely a Te dom. He's very absolutist in his views, as young Te-doms often are. He also has the drive and forceful presence of a EXTJ. But I can't say I get much of a Ni vibe. And I thought him more Si because he's got that whole traditional, protective family man thing going on (but perhaps this is not totally incongruent with ENTJ behaviour ).

ESFJ
    Both Captain America and Superman (depending on the iteration)
    I always saw Captain America and Superman as quintessential ISFJs. They have that 'quiet, chivalrous hero' quality, that is common in fictional ISFJs.

Question: What do you think of Alice, of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland? She seems like a SJ, but she always has me stumped as to specific type.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

ESTJ - Judge Dredd
    The last movie was all about the ESTJ mind. The female rookie was the Ne-Fi part and Dredd was the dom Te/Si

ESFJ - William Riker from Star Trek (character and actor imo). Sry @EJCC He's characteristically ESFJ pompous and pretentious.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Senior Lead Officer John Cooper ESTJ 8w7 sp/sx
    Detective II Lydia Adams ESTJ 1w2 sx/so
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Yeah, this is likely. They do always seem annoyed when people invade their space
    Poor guys.
    I think he's definitely a Te dom. He's very absolutist in his views, as young Te-doms often are. He also has the drive and forceful presence of a EXTJ. But I can't say I get much of a Ni vibe. And I thought him more Si because he's got that whole traditional, protective family man thing going on (but perhaps this is not totally incongruent with ENTJ behaviour ).
    I could see ENTJ. Not much about him strikes me as traditionalist -- but I see what you mean about Te-dom absolutism. Most of my hesitance about ESTJ, for him, is that I never related to him when I read the books. But that may have been because the reader isn't really supposed to?
    I always saw Captain America and Superman as quintessential ISFJs. They have that 'quiet, chivalrous hero' quality, that is common in fictional ISFJs.
    Good point. I could see that.
    Question: What do you think of Alice, of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland? She seems like a SJ, but she always has me stumped as to specific type.
    Not sure. Seems IxFx to me, but she's hard to type, because of being such a blank character. I actually had a hard time typing Riker -- who still seems more Te to me, btw -- because 90% of the time he's the straight man to a bunch of weirdos, instead of developing his own character.

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I could see ENTJ. Not much about him strikes me as traditionalist -- but I see what you mean about Te-dom absolutism. Most of my hesitance about ESTJ, for him, is that I never related to him when I read the books. But that may have been because the reader isn't really supposed to?
    I don't think he's traditional in that he's anti-progress. There is a temptation, with his involvement in the rebellion, to type him ENTJ, as they are much more future-oriented and more comfortable with change. But to me he seemed like a guy trying to protect what he has and that he feels like, under the immediate conditions, that this is a losing battle. For him it's like a house built on sand: he's spent years trying to sure up the foundations, but the only way to fix things long term is to start over and rebuilt a new house on stronger foundations. He's also so focussed by the injustice of his situation. Where other characters can put up with it, he's unable to let it go and is driven by righteous anger to remediate the situation (BTW he's probably a 1w2 as well).

I also contrast him with Johanna, whom I see as a pretty clear cut ENTJ. They have such different goals and reactions to situations. She prods people so much more; she gets in their head and pushes their buttons - Gale doesn't do that. But then she is an 8w7...

However, I can understand that you don't identify much. Part of typing is if a person/character feels like they fit (well, this is certainly part of my approach anyway) - so I respect that. Maybe he's just young and ignorant; he hasn't learned the complexities of the world yet, and has let his anger run too wild and it clouds his judgement, and this is why you don't identify with him. Maybe it's because we're seeing him through the eyes of a Ti dom. Or maybe I'm just plain wrong.

Not sure. Seems IxFx to me, but she's hard to type, because of being such a blank character.
    She's not really that blank. She's quite stroppy, impatient and demanding. She's very conscious and abiding of social decorum, and becomes very upset if people do things outside the norm. She doesn't care much for nonsense and is always correcting other characters when they don't make sense. She's not terribly warm or friendly (beyond being polite) and is very practical in her thinking. She doesn't seem especially reticent either, but then at other times seems uneasy with other people.

I'm not sure what type that points to, though. I keep going back and forth.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Oh, and I want to add some more possibles to the list:

ESTJ
    Tris Prior (Divergent)
    Agnes Brown (Mrs Brown's Boys)
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

My avatar prompted me to post EVE (from WALL-E) as an ESTJ. Or maybe the typing prompted me to change my avatar?

Either way... She rules.
    I don't think he's traditional in that he's anti-progress. There is a temptation, with his involvement in the rebellion, to type him ENTJ, as they are much more future-oriented and more comfortable with change. But to me he seemed like a guy trying to protect what he has and that he feels like, under the immediate conditions, that this is a losing battle. For him it's like a house built on sand: he's spent years trying to sure up the foundations, but the only way to fix things long term is to start over and rebuilt a new house on stronger foundations. He's also so focussed by the injustice of his situation. Where other characters can put up with it, he's unable to let it go and is driven by righteous anger to remediate the situation (BTW he's probably a 1w2 as well).

I also contrast him with Johanna, whom I see as a pretty clear cut ENTJ. They have such different goals and reactions to situations. She prods people so much more; she gets in their head and pushes their buttons - Gale doesn't do that. But then she is an 8w7...
    Hm. Makes sense!
    However, I can understand that you don't identify much. Part of typing is if a person/character feels like they fit (well, this is certainly part of my approach anyway) - so I respect that. Maybe he's just young and ignorant; he hasn't learned the complexities of the world yet, and has let his anger run too wild and it clouds his judgement, and this is why you don't identify with him. Maybe it's because we're seeing him through the eyes of a Ti dom. Or maybe I'm just plain wrong.
    I probably didn't identify with him because I didn't like him all that much. Happens to me with almost every unsympathetic ESTJ character. But then again, I tend not to identify with villains.* (I wonder if that's typical of ESTJs? I know INTJs tend to identify with characters regardless of where they stand morally.)

*Inspector Javert (ISTJ 1w2) is the only exception I can think of, to that rule. But that's primarily because of his redemptive and tragic end.
    She's not really that blank. She's quite stroppy, impatient and demanding. She's very conscious and abiding of social decorum, and becomes very upset if people do things outside the norm. She doesn't care much for nonsense and is always correcting other characters when they don't make sense. She's not terribly warm or friendly (beyond being polite) and is very practical in her thinking. She doesn't seem especially reticent either, but then at other times seems uneasy with other people.

I'm not sure what type that points to, though. I keep going back and forth.
    Damn, I really haven't read those books in a long time. I have a vague memory of the Alice of the films -- cartoon and Tim Burton live-action -- being a bit more of a dreamer (maybe INFP), but she could easily be some kind of SJ if what you're saying is accurate.

Your post also made me realize that I've somehow gotten accustomed to not viewing the "straight men" of books and films and TV as actually having a type. Which is part of why I had such a hard time typing Riker. I used to view that straight-laced aspect of Alice as a product of 1) the time/place in which she lived, and 2) the fact that a magical wonderland becomes more magical when it's constantly being compared to what's "normal".

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

some more...

ESFJ

Gretchen (Mean Girls)
    Muffy (Harvest Moon)

ESTJ

Ishimaru (Dangan Ronpa)

It's so much easier to find ISTJs in fiction. But right now I guess I'll cling to Bailey as my favorite ESTJ. Rachel from Friends could be ESFJ. I find her and Ross hard to type, especially when the rest of the cast is pretty obvious.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    ESTJ

Ishimaru (Dangan Ronpa)
    !!!! So true that it's fucking hilarious. @Viridian introduced me to him; I relate to him a lot, esp. in the scene when he has to be convinced that hobbies don't require a practical purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    It's so much easier to find ISTJs in fiction.
    Ain't that the truth! I tend to relate to ISTJs more than ESTJs, because they're usually portrayed as being more complex, more intelligent, and more sympathetic. The characters I relate to most in the media, at the moment -- including Hermione Granger (Harry Potter series) and Mitsuru Kirijo (Persona 3) -- are either on the I/E border or the N/S border or both.