User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    However, if you drone on and on, like an ENFP might do, they will pretend to listen, with the "um-hm's" and all but they will actually be somewhere else, most likely thinking about things on the to do list. I think ENFPs have this problem in general. Because they are so perceptive, they experience a lot of rejection in life in that way.
    The OP is INTJ though.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    The OP is INTJ though.
    Do you think INTJs can't drone on?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Yes yes I do. lol

But with the INTJ I know, I do 95% of the talking, tbh.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Yes yes I do. lol

But with the INTJ I know, I do 95% of the talking, tbh.
    Interesting. It's pretty even with us.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    The point I am trying to make is that there are very few interests barring the divide between sensing and intuition. We simply go about their provocation differently, is all.
    ^ QFT.

Bugs the shit out of me when Ns seem to think that Ns and the geniuses who create all great art, all great culture, and who run the world -- while the S folks clean up after them.
    Sure they can! Just not sure why you narrowed it down to exclusively ENFPs in that post.
    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    In truth I think this may be much more of a Fe thing than an S or SJ thing - the desire for more open prompting and formal question/response, etc.
    I agree. I'm not like that -- I was honestly asking on behalf of all my shy friends, of all types. Mostly INFJs, actually.

I stick with my previous statement, though. It's important to recognize those people when you see them, so you can adapt to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I think people with Fi - TJs and FPs - tend to assume that it's each person's desire to speak only when they feel like they want to, and it's uncomfortable to be prompted to speak before one is ready to speak, so conversation generally ends up moving in an "I share, then you share" format.

Whereas people with Fe - TPs and FJs - tend to assume that it's each person's responsibility to engage the other, and it's rude to be "spoken at", so they tend to prompt the other person, ask questions, seek follow-up, etc.
    Ah! That explains my attitude towards it. (I was raised by Fe users.) I think you're right, though -- relates to how Fi-users tend to speak in "This relevant thing happened to me -- therefore it might help you" (which Fe users can find presumptuous).
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Sure they can! Just not sure why you narrowed it down to exclusively ENFPs in that post.
    It's not exclusively narrowing down. It's an example. ENFPs can talk your ear off and I've seen this interaction between ISFJ/ENFP, so it came to mind.

Tri-type 639

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I'm not as interested in theory though (and that's a problem that NT's have with me ).
    I have a theory that theories in theory are all about solving theoretical problems, hence a theoretician could theorize that NTs take great joy in the resolution of your "problems"!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    I have a theory that theories in theory are all about solving theoretical problems, hence a theoretician could theorize that NTs take great joy in the resolution of your "problems"!
    That's just a theory though.

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    Wonderful. I've got some for them!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    ^ QFT.

Bugs the shit out of me when Ns seem to think that Ns and the geniuses who create all great art, all great culture, and who run the world -- while the S folks clean up after them.

I agree. I'm not like that -- I was honestly asking on behalf of all my shy friends, of all types. Mostly INFJs, actually.

I stick with my previous statement, though. It's important to recognize those people when you see them, so you can adapt to them.

Ah! That explains my attitude towards it. (I was raised by Fe users.) I think you're right, though -- relates to how Fi-users tend to speak in "This relevant thing happened to me -- therefore it might help you" (which Fe users can find presumptuous).
    Actually, I remember reading that some SP types can make great musicians, they gain great proficiency just doing what they love for the sensations it creates.

As far as the idea regarding Fe and Fi, I agree. In fact, I was meaning to ask him about that and forgot. I was raised surrounded by introverted intuitives, so we were all tertiary Fi users. No wonder I carried that implicit assumption around until, well, now.