User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    IxTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    LSI

Default Driving Skills for SJ's: How good of a driver are you?

Ok so things have kind of died in our house, so how good of a driver are you? Do you speed or religiously drive 5 miles under the limit? Do you stop at stop signs or slow down? Is your signal lever lonely or do you let everyone know exactly what you are about to do?

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Awful.

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Jstrazz View Post
    Do you speed or religiously drive 5 miles under the limit? Do you stop at stop signs or slow down? Is your signal lever lonely or do you let everyone know exactly what you are about to do?
    I usually drive at the speed limit, rarely more than five or so over. I use cruise control to keep myself in check. Some time ago I got a series of tickets over the course of a couple of months. It got to the point where I felt like I was being targeted by cops. I got pulled over the last time and had no idea why I was being pulled over, it was some bullshit thing about my exhaust being too loud. The only way I could relax about it was to force myself to follow every rule exactly, so I would know there would be no reason for a cop to pull me over again. People not signaling is a pet peeve of mine, because driving is dangerous and not signaling makes it far more unpredictable. I always signal, and I think I always come to a full stop at stop signs.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

ISFJ boyfriend is a lovely driver. He goes a few miles above the speed limit unless there's some pressing reason to go the exact speed, or dangerous conditions. He always follows the rules of the road and uses his signals. He is calm, observant, and in control.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    ISFJ boyfriend is a lovely driver. He goes a few miles above the speed limit unless there's some pressing reason to go the exact speed, or dangerous conditions. He always follows the rules of the road and uses his signals. He is calm, observant, and in control.
    Huh, the ISFJ guy I know is just like that too. Except for the calm part if someone waits until the last second to signal or pulls out right in front of him like it's a race when no one is behind him just to then go slow as hell. But, it's entertaining because it's unusual. Also, I like to help him out by "raging" at them too. "THE SIGNAL IS A WARNING THAT YOU'RE GOING TO TURN NOT TO LET US KNOW WHICH DIRECTION LIKE WE'RE PALS AND SHIT AND YOU JUST THOUGHT YOU'D LET US KNOW IN CASE WE WERE WONDERING AND MIGHT WANT TO DROP IN LATER, YOU SOUL-DESTROYER!"

He seems quite pleased with my loud agreement with him.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    Huh, the ISFJ guy I know is just like that too. Except for the calm part if someone waits until the last second to signal or pulls out right in front of him like it's a race when no one is behind him just to then go slow as hell. But, it's entertaining because it's unusual. Also, I like to help him out by "raging" at them too. "THE SIGNAL IS A WARNING THAT YOU'RE GOING TO TURN NOT TO LET US KNOW WHICH DIRECTION LIKE WE'RE PALS AND SHIT AND YOU JUST THOUGHT YOU'D LET US KNOW IN CASE WE WERE WONDERING AND MIGHT WANT TO DROP IN LATER, YOU SOUL-DESTROYER!"

He seems quite pleased with my loud agreement with him.
    !!!

That is so funny, my ISFJ does that too, if someone does something stupid on the road! He mockingly blasts them, lol. I used to be like WHAT THE FUCK until I learned he was just kidding.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    !!!

That is so funny, my ISFJ does that too, if someone does something stupid on the road! He mockingly blasts them, lol. I used to be like WHAT THE FUCK until I learned he was just kidding.
    Driving can be a real hoot with them. He's actually the one person I don't mind letting drive instead of doing it myself. I totally trust him, and he can't even see that well.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

your resident asshole

I am terrified of driving. One wrong move and I could easily kill others and/or myself in those giant metal deathtraps.

My (suspected) SJ older brother is a terrible driver, but he thinks he is pretty good. In reality, he always drives too close to the car in front of him. We've had numerous close calls due to this.

On the other had, my SJ dad tries to be much more cautious. He often drives somewhat slow, but is very inattentive and sometimes appears to almost fall asleep on longer rides unless he is jabbering away or stuffing his face with food...so the whole "cautious" thing doesn't really work out.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I only recently got my license (at the tender age of 28), but I had no problems learning how to drive. I like driving on highways more than in cities. Luckily, that's what I mostly do when I'm driving. As a driver I think I'm careful, concentrated and serious.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    Driving can be a real hoot with them. He's actually the one person I don't mind letting drive instead of doing it myself. I totally trust him, and he can't even see that well.
    Yeah, exactly, same here. There are very few people I actually feel at ease riding with - mostly just him and my ESFJ mom, actually. She pretty much drives the same way.