• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Driving Skills for SJ's: How good of a driver are you?

Jstrazz

MBTI Type
IxTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Ok so things have kind of died in our house, so how good of a driver are you? Do you speed or religiously drive 5 miles under the limit? Do you stop at stop signs or slow down? Is your signal lever lonely or do you let everyone know exactly what you are about to do?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
T

The Iron Giant

Do you speed or religiously drive 5 miles under the limit? Do you stop at stop signs or slow down? Is your signal lever lonely or do you let everyone know exactly what you are about to do?

I usually drive at the speed limit, rarely more than five or so over. I use cruise control to keep myself in check. Some time ago I got a series of tickets over the course of a couple of months. It got to the point where I felt like I was being targeted by cops. I got pulled over the last time and had no idea why I was being pulled over, it was some bullshit thing about my exhaust being too loud. The only way I could relax about it was to force myself to follow every rule exactly, so I would know there would be no reason for a cop to pull me over again. People not signaling is a pet peeve of mine, because driving is dangerous and not signaling makes it far more unpredictable. I always signal, and I think I always come to a full stop at stop signs.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ISFJ boyfriend is a lovely driver. He goes a few miles above the speed limit unless there's some pressing reason to go the exact speed, or dangerous conditions. He always follows the rules of the road and uses his signals. He is calm, observant, and in control.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
ISFJ boyfriend is a lovely driver. He goes a few miles above the speed limit unless there's some pressing reason to go the exact speed, or dangerous conditions. He always follows the rules of the road and uses his signals. He is calm, observant, and in control.

Huh, the ISFJ guy I know is just like that too. Except for the calm part if someone waits until the last second to signal or pulls out right in front of him like it's a race when no one is behind him just to then go slow as hell. But, it's entertaining because it's unusual. Also, I like to help him out by "raging" at them too. "THE SIGNAL IS A WARNING THAT YOU'RE GOING TO TURN NOT TO LET US KNOW WHICH DIRECTION LIKE WE'RE PALS AND SHIT AND YOU JUST THOUGHT YOU'D LET US KNOW IN CASE WE WERE WONDERING AND MIGHT WANT TO DROP IN LATER, YOU SOUL-DESTROYER!"

He seems quite pleased with my loud agreement with him.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Huh, the ISFJ guy I know is just like that too. Except for the calm part if someone waits until the last second to signal or pulls out right in front of him like it's a race when no one is behind him just to then go slow as hell. But, it's entertaining because it's unusual. Also, I like to help him out by "raging" at them too. "THE SIGNAL IS A WARNING THAT YOU'RE GOING TO TURN NOT TO LET US KNOW WHICH DIRECTION LIKE WE'RE PALS AND SHIT AND YOU JUST THOUGHT YOU'D LET US KNOW IN CASE WE WERE WONDERING AND MIGHT WANT TO DROP IN LATER, YOU SOUL-DESTROYER!"

He seems quite pleased with my loud agreement with him.

:laugh:!!!

That is so funny, my ISFJ does that too, if someone does something stupid on the road! He mockingly blasts them, lol. I used to be like WHAT THE FUCK until I learned he was just kidding.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
:laugh:!!!

That is so funny, my ISFJ does that too, if someone does something stupid on the road! He mockingly blasts them, lol. I used to be like WHAT THE FUCK until I learned he was just kidding.

:D Driving can be a real hoot with them. He's actually the one person I don't mind letting drive instead of doing it myself. I totally trust him, and he can't even see that well.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I am terrified of driving. One wrong move and I could easily kill others and/or myself in those giant metal deathtraps. :(

My (suspected) SJ older brother is a terrible driver, but he thinks he is pretty good. In reality, he always drives too close to the car in front of him. We've had numerous close calls due to this.

On the other had, my SJ dad tries to be much more cautious. He often drives somewhat slow, but is very inattentive and sometimes appears to almost fall asleep on longer rides unless he is jabbering away or stuffing his face with food...so the whole "cautious" thing doesn't really work out.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I only recently got my license (at the tender age of 28), but I had no problems learning how to drive. I like driving on highways more than in cities. Luckily, that's what I mostly do when I'm driving. As a driver I think I'm careful, concentrated and serious.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:D Driving can be a real hoot with them. He's actually the one person I don't mind letting drive instead of doing it myself. I totally trust him, and he can't even see that well.

Yeah, exactly, same here. There are very few people I actually feel at ease riding with - mostly just him and my ESFJ mom, actually. She pretty much drives the same way.

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh god I suck so hard. I'm spatially-challenged.

Until I smartened up, my highway-merging method was:

-- Look (even though I didn't understand what I was seeing. what lane is that car in? what lane am I going in? how many lanes are there even? WUT) press gas pedal harder, hope for the best.

I compensate for my drivetardation with excessive caution. I'm not a slow driver, but I definitely wait longer at stop signs, when pulling out of streets etc., than most others.

/DG/

Oh god I suck so hard. I'm spatially-challenged.

Until I smartened up, my highway-merging method was:

-- Look (even though I didn't understand what I was seeing. what lane is that car in? what lane am I going in? how many lanes are there even? WUT) press gas pedal harder, hope for the best.

I compensate for my drivetardation with excessive caution. I'm not a slow driver, but I definitely wait longer at stop signs, when pulling out of streets etc., than most others.

Speaking of being spatially-challenged. Do you (or anyone else reading) have a hard time telling how far away things are? Whenever I would drive, I would have a hard time figuring out when to stop for lights or turn into some place because I couldn't gauge how far away the traffic light or how far away and how long it would take cars to come to me.

I know I am not stereoblind because I can see 3D movies and my 3DS just fine.

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Speaking of being spatially-challenged. Do you (or anyone else reading) have a hard time telling how far away things are? Whenever I would drive, I would have a hard time figuring out when to stop for lights or turn into some place because I couldn't gauge how far away the traffic light or how far away and how long it would take cars to come to me.
I know I am not stereoblind because I can see 3D movies and my 3DS just fine.

:yes::yes: That's exactly what I meant.

I routinely had all-out screaming matches with my dad when he'd take me driving before I got my license.

"Dad, how am I supposed to know when to pull out?"
"You just need to get a feel for it."
"But how do I do that? Can't you tell me exactly when to do it so I'll know?"
"It's not something I can tell you. You just have to practice."
"HOW DO I PRACTICE THIS WITHOUT KILLING SOMEONE?"

My poor dad. :laugh:

But yes, I still have trouble with this, albeit, not nearly as awful as it was before. I used to run over curbs pulling into streets because I didn't know when exactly to turn into it. And I still can't park for shit.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My former boss was court-ordered to attend driving school because of all his tickets. ESTJ.

/DG/

:yes::yes: That's exactly what I meant.

I routinely had all-out screaming matches with my dad when he'd take me driving before I got my license.

"Dad, how am I supposed to know when to pull out?"
"You just need to get a feel for it."
"But how do I do that? Can't you tell me exactly when to do it so I'll know?"
"It's not something I can tell you. You just have to practice."
"HOW DO I PRACTICE THIS WITHOUT KILLING SOMEONE?"

My poor dad. :laugh:

But yes, I still have trouble with this, albeit, not nearly as awful as it was before. I used to run over curbs pulling into streets because I didn't know when exactly to turn into it. And I still can't park for shit.

Well you haven't died yet! :hifive::drunk::yays:

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

/DG/

Good, because if you would've died just after I posted that it would've been really awkward.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Mine (istj-ish person) hates driving, so if we're going somewhere together I usually drive. Especially if we leave the city... I don't think he trusts rural areas :laugh:

pyriticsilence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a better than decent driver. Around where I live, I know the usual speed traps, so I don't speed in those areas. On the interstate, I drive 5 over if it's a 55-60 mph zone, and about 8 over in a 65-70 mph zone. This, however, is the estimate of the flow of traffic in the area. I also have a really bad road rage issue when people can't follow basic driving procedure. Occasionally, my middle finger is involved if the person is truly atrocious. However, my road rage is nothing like my INTJ boyfriend's road rage. :cry:

Sil

This is a test.
I'm good if the goals are speed + arriving alive.

I am an excellent driver and have a knack for weaving through traffic.