User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

Oh god I suck so hard. I'm spatially-challenged.

Until I smartened up, my highway-merging method was:

-- Look (even though I didn't understand what I was seeing. what lane is that car in? what lane am I going in? how many lanes are there even? WUT) press gas pedal harder, hope for the best.

I compensate for my drivetardation with excessive caution. I'm not a slow driver, but I definitely wait longer at stop signs, when pulling out of streets etc., than most others.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Tabula View Post
    Oh god I suck so hard. I'm spatially-challenged.

Until I smartened up, my highway-merging method was:

-- Look (even though I didn't understand what I was seeing. what lane is that car in? what lane am I going in? how many lanes are there even? WUT) press gas pedal harder, hope for the best.

I compensate for my drivetardation with excessive caution. I'm not a slow driver, but I definitely wait longer at stop signs, when pulling out of streets etc., than most others.
    Speaking of being spatially-challenged. Do you (or anyone else reading) have a hard time telling how far away things are? Whenever I would drive, I would have a hard time figuring out when to stop for lights or turn into some place because I couldn't gauge how far away the traffic light or how far away and how long it would take cars to come to me.

I know I am not stereoblind because I can see 3D movies and my 3DS just fine.

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Speaking of being spatially-challenged. Do you (or anyone else reading) have a hard time telling how far away things are? Whenever I would drive, I would have a hard time figuring out when to stop for lights or turn into some place because I couldn't gauge how far away the traffic light or how far away and how long it would take cars to come to me.
    I know I am not stereoblind because I can see 3D movies and my 3DS just fine.
    That's exactly what I meant.

I routinely had all-out screaming matches with my dad when he'd take me driving before I got my license.

"Dad, how am I supposed to know when to pull out?"
    "You just need to get a feel for it."
    "But how do I do that? Can't you tell me exactly when to do it so I'll know?"
    "It's not something I can tell you. You just have to practice."
    "HOW DO I PRACTICE THIS WITHOUT KILLING SOMEONE?"

My poor dad.

But yes, I still have trouble with this, albeit, not nearly as awful as it was before. I used to run over curbs pulling into streets because I didn't know when exactly to turn into it. And I still can't park for shit.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

My former boss was court-ordered to attend driving school because of all his tickets. ESTJ.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Tabula View Post
    That's exactly what I meant.

I routinely had all-out screaming matches with my dad when he'd take me driving before I got my license.

"Dad, how am I supposed to know when to pull out?"
    "You just need to get a feel for it."
    "But how do I do that? Can't you tell me exactly when to do it so I'll know?"
    "It's not something I can tell you. You just have to practice."
    "HOW DO I PRACTICE THIS WITHOUT KILLING SOMEONE?"

My poor dad.

But yes, I still have trouble with this, albeit, not nearly as awful as it was before. I used to run over curbs pulling into streets because I didn't know when exactly to turn into it. And I still can't park for shit.
    Well you haven't died yet!

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

Indeed!

your resident asshole

Good, because if you would've died just after I posted that it would've been really awkward.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Mine (istj-ish person) hates driving, so if we're going somewhere together I usually drive. Especially if we leave the city... I don't think he trusts rural areas
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

I'm a better than decent driver. Around where I live, I know the usual speed traps, so I don't speed in those areas. On the interstate, I drive 5 over if it's a 55-60 mph zone, and about 8 over in a 65-70 mph zone. This, however, is the estimate of the flow of traffic in the area. I also have a really bad road rage issue when people can't follow basic driving procedure. Occasionally, my middle finger is involved if the person is truly atrocious. However, my road rage is nothing like my INTJ boyfriend's road rage.
    ISTJ:
    1w9 - 5w6 - 3w2

I'm good if the goals are speed + arriving alive.

I am an excellent driver and have a knack for weaving through traffic.