• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] Why do ISTJs act like robots?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He took it from my video here:

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why are INTPs nothing but brains in vats?

goletagrl

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I am not sure I could be called a robot... but I can get work done completely and efficiently without all the drama and emotion that may be going on around me. Since I am unlikely to show my softer more emotional side to just anybody, I suppose i could appear as all work and no play to some (the ones I am least likely to let in to my inner circle). Otherwise, I will just carry on doing my own thing and completing my tasks (work, errands, social obligations, etc) thinking that nobody is all that interested anyway

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ That sounds like my ISTJ coworker... we all love her but she's a complete mystery. She always gets her work done, does it well, never has any inconsistencies, and is always pleasant-natured. She lets loose some snarky comments sometimes though, lol.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
BAM!

ENFP and ISTJ are supposed to be opposites.

BAM!

Is that true?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I like that ISTJs are robots. Robots get a bad rep. When they want to kill all humans, it's probably because of some mistake a dumbass human made when making the damn thing.

I should mention that I am the unholy spawn of an ISTJ and an INFP, and I still turned out normal.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've always wondered why robots act like ISTJs

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's introversion plus Te that gives the robotic exterior for some ISTJ (more so the males, IMO). Te-dom are usually much more animated because they are extroverts & they have an influence of tertiary Pe light-heartedness, but Ne is inferior for ISTJs (can lack playfulness). To top it off, whatever feeling they have developed is introverted, so you don't see much of it unless close to them (but they can have very deep feelings).

Si is kind of sentimental though. ISTJs are kind of crusty on the outside, smooshy on the inside, IMO.

W

WALMART

Unlike the Ni user who is convinced they can see the core of reality, the Si user knows the core is forever beyond perception.

Having realized this, the Si user can never look at the faces of reality in the manners they once had, or the manners still done by others, their innards now a gutted version of potentials that once were.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I don't think they act like robots. They have their quirks, that's for sure, but I've seen ISTJs get really rattled and when that happens, they get nervous and scared and robots don't get nervous or scared or even made if you misfile their papers or mess up their DVD collection by putting a title in back in the wrong slot. ISTJs are very human. My ISTJ brother in law bites his fingernails to the :)

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So…
Neatfreaks?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So…
Neatfreaks?

I

Infinite Bubble

Unlike the Ni user who is convinced they can see the core of reality, the Si user knows the core is forever beyond perception.

High Ni users do not usually believe that, I don't think. In fact, Ni is based on everything being merely subjective perspectives and vantage points, stripping concepts of objective meaning. As such, and as Pi, they will also usually understand that seeking pure objectivity is futile.

An extroverted function is more likely to be convinced of that as they are ¨objective¨.

W

WALMART

High Ni users do not usually believe that, I don't think. In fact, Ni is based on everything being merely subjective perspectives and vantage points, stripping concepts of objective meaning. As such, and as Pi, they will also usually understand that seeking pure objectivity is futile.

The more nodular a function in its implementation, the higher propensity for theoretical expressions of character exists. Regarding the bolded, people seem to think that Ni does this with intent, or some sort of understanding between the conscious and unconscious. It doesn't. It is ingrained in its nature to habitually develop and nurture these subjective vantage points. It is perhaps one with more modular Ni (a misnomer to the theory, modular functions) that will avoid the characteristics I describe.

An extroverted function is more likely to be convinced of that as they are ¨objective¨.

Is the extroverted function's desire also not to be objective, though? How are we to question the pereptions of those rarely expressive when they rarely express their perceptions?

Indeed, it is Te with the highest propensity for the characteristic ascribed, and Te gets paired theoretically with Si and Ni. The function with the highest propensity for rationalization of actuality is Se. Ergo, leading Te/Ni can be the most 'dogmatic' of the possible functional combinations, bringing several of my contentions full circle.

I

Infinite Bubble

Regarding the bolded, people seem to think that Ni does this with intent, or some sort of understanding between the conscious and unconscious. It doesn't. It is ingrained in its nature to habitually develop and nurture these subjective vantage points.

This doesn't seem that relevant to be honest. So we could argue about the exact way which it operates, and pick precise phrases to describe it. The effects are still the same. I didn't say anything about an understanding between the conscious and unconscious though. Although if you want Jung's word for it, he did state that intuition is basically perception of the unconscious.

Is the extroverted function's desire also not to be objective, though? How are we to question the perceptions of those rarely expressive when they rarely express their perceptions?

I don't think an extroverted function has any desire, but it is "merging" with the environment in some way, rather than a subjective reflection of it, as is the case with introverted ones. Since an extroverted function is orientated "outside" the user, a side effect would be that what is seen is thought as what it really is.

Indeed, it is Te with the highest propensity for the characteristic ascribed, and Te gets paired theoretically with Si and Ni. The function with the highest propensity for rationalization of actuality is Se. Ergo, leading Te/Ni can be the most 'dogmatic' of the possible functional combinations, bringing several of my contentions full circle.

Agreed about Te. But technically then, it isn't the Ni per se, but the Se. Which backs up what I said about those using the extroverted functions being more convinced.

Also, when I say extroverted functions, I do point more towards Je, and in particular Te, simply because it judges. I fail to see how Ni could make its user think they are seeing the absolute truth. It only perceives.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
So…
Neatfreaks?

Well, I suppose that depends on you definition of neat:) I would say that it's more of a need to know that everything is "in place" and "on schedule" and "as it should be." I have known ISTJs [and some ESTJs] to get totally torn up over a sudden change of plans or somebody being a few minutes late. I'm not saying it's a bad thing or anything like that, only that I've seen an ISTJ have a complete meltdown because of a schedule mix-up. I felt bad for her, but after a few days, she was her normally overly organized self. She gets high off color coded binders, brochures, calendars, thermometers, all the wash cloths being folded the same way, etc. I know several male ISTJs who are the exact same why. Their voices are just lower pitched:) I know I drive all of the ISTJs in my life completely crazy, but yet, when they're "down" they seek me out [because they know I won't judge them and they don't like to be judged or criticized, then again, who does?] , so I KNOW they're not robots. haha. I've known ISTJs who would turn your toilet paper around because it doesn't fall "the right way" and of course, the right way is the way they do it at home.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
They don't they can be beautiful people. Jung describes the Si dom as an artistic type....but the ISTJ tends to want to hide their Fi so they can seem robotic or awful unless you get to know them.

In some cases it's actually kind of pathetic.

They really like Te order of some kind (intellectual, law, or physical home for example) but have Si dom which usually is pretty subjective and sensory and arty in some way *unless a low type, which is simply "conventional."

Then they hide and protect that tertiary Fi, just like an INTJ.