• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] Why do ISTJs act like robots?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
, the Si user knows the core is forever beyond perception.

Having realized this, the Si user can never look at the faces of reality in the manners they once had, or the manners still done by others, their innards now a gutted version of potentials that once were.

God someone who actually loves Si types, smart ones...

W

WALMART

This doesn't seem that relevant to be honest. So we could argue about the exact way which it operates, and pick precise phrases to describe it. The effects are still the same. I didn't say anything about an understanding between the conscious and unconscious though. Although if you want Jung's word for it, he did state that intuition is basically perception of the unconscious.

It is not simply perception of the unconscious, it is existence at the unconscious. This is why Jung chose the term "intuitor" from the massive lexicon that is the English language.

The highlight of the comment was showing that you seem to believe Ni strips objective meaning away from perception intentionally. This is closer to Ti than Ni. Ni is closer to existing in this world stripped of objective reason, in constant appeal to the psyche rather than what reality evidences.

I don't think an extroverted function has any desire, but it is "merging" with the environment in some way, rather than a subjective reflection of it, as is the case with introverted ones. Since an extroverted function is orientated "outside" the user, a side effect would be that what is seen is thought as what it really is.

Since the extrovert's focus is largely external, so follow do their interests and value placements. For example, Jung pegs Charles Darwin as a Te type, a type only swayed by the most objective of logics - nature. Contrast against Immanuel Kant, one he calls Ti, who is swayed by the subjective nature of logic itself.

What you say does hold some weight, though. Jung pegs Se users as marked atheists, likely stemming from this void in external perception of godly figures.

Agreed about Te. But technically then, it isn't the Ni per se, but the Se. Which backs up what I said about those using the extroverted functions being more convinced.

How Se? I don't quite follow, presuming you aren't thinking Ni is completely internal and never manifests itself outside of the mind.

Also, when I say extroverted functions, I do point more towards Je, and in particular Te, simply because it judges. I fail to see how Ni could make its user think they are seeing the absolute truth. It only perceives.

I don't know. Jung makes it pretty clear Ni is the type that feels it has "a priori" knowledge embedded within its perceptions, that it is simply uncovering truths long buried within its psyche, that these 'truths' are the truths the most ancient and wise of perceivers would develop. It is utterly convinced its perception is the end-all be-all of existence - again, contrast against Se, who's attitude is "I'll believe it when I see it", going so far as to explicitly cause cognitive dissonance by suppressing perceptions sprung up beyond the actuality of reality.

I remember coming across this thread when I was an ENTP: http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t296002-11/ and thinking "lol, look at all those ISTJ's that think they're INTJ's. Surely any self-respecting intuitive thinker would have shed such notions as white supremacy and the inferiority of all other races". Then I 'realized' I was ISTP, and that thinking/understanding are far, far removed from the sensor/intuiting dichotomy. Now that I've read and can generally comprehend Jung, it is glaringly apparent these people likely are legitimate INTJ's.

The correlation between this thread and what Jung has written is intrinsically expressive of what to expect regarding users of introverted intuition.

Alehand

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
This has been an interesting read.

I personally act wooden or robotic when I do not understand the context of the surroundings or have the past experience as a back up to the situation, to guide my actions. I revert to a formal, reserved or cold attitude so I can observe and gather data, extrapolate the outcomes and then react, in a manner I think correct.

That whole process can take years or seconds depending on what is going on, who I am dealing with and to be blunt what mood I am in. Feeling might struggle to impact on the world in my thinking/actions but it is there, it deep down.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
In case this thread was not meant to be humorous, here's my answer:

ISTJs don't act robotic. We simply are calm and rational most of the time. And personally detached, or objective if you will. We also like to observe first (J), and act second. This might make us look like uninvolved, although we are fully involved.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In case this thread was not meant to be humorous, here's my answer:

ISTJs don't act robotic. We simply are calm and rational most of the time. And personally detached, or objective if you will. We also like to observe first (J), and act second. This might make us look like uninvolved, although we are fully involved.
Neat Avatar...

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
It's because like ESTJs they're plan and objective focused. There isn't much time for emotions when you're trying to be clear-minded and logical. You need to focus and follow your set objective. Best way to do that is to focus and follow through plan. As a Te user, i can tell you from experience that when i think, i'm thinking of accomplishing daily tasks i've set for myself. So I'm constantly reflecting on how to do that the best way and the most proper way. I simply don't find it useful to be affectionate and warm. I've got other shit to do. And being nice, considerate, caring is not relevant and useful.

Or what my friend said yesterday "I'm trying to do shit, what are they bugging me with birthdays for?"

It's just not on my priority list.