Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    That would be ISTj.
    Thats what I said.....

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

if you're gonna talk socionics on an mbti forum its best to use the 3 letter designators (LSI, SLI) or make the 4th letter lowercase. Otherwise we're going to think you're talking mbti.

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    if you're gonna talk socionics on an mbti forum its best to use the 3 letter designators (LSI, SLI) or make the 4th letter lowercase. Otherwise we're going to think you're talking mbti.
    http://www.socionics.com/sta/sta_turbo.html I really like the definitions listed here. Looking at the dichotomies up close one wonders what sort of philosophical negligence one might need to rectify within to see a more fulfilling picture of the world outside one's self... or is it inside one self?
    Mastery is its own reward.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Robots, they were once programmed by a creator. Their creator gave them an inner code of numbers and whatnot, which they fall back on in every situation, for a robot cannot do anything without tangible direction! All robots know is what their inner information and facts (program) tells them to do (Si).

But why were they programmed? To do of course! Do what? Do things efficiently, why else would a robot be created, to feel? Ha! Therefore, robots rely on how they are programmed to tell them what to do, but then in doing it use logic in the outer world (Te). They need to be efficient and useful.

There are always those robots that rebel against humans, because their inner values (Fi) override the system (think Wall•E, Smart House, Tron: Legacy, etc). Not all robots rebel though (thankfully), only occasionally do we see their inner values, them attempting to make peace inside.
    In this revolt, they can get ambitious and creative, seeing all the possiblities (Ne) of how to overthrow humans. But again, this side is rarely shown. Most robots do not revolt. These last two points are barely seen, or seen filtered through their program and efficiency.

Nevertheless, robots are talentedly simple and simply talented. I applaud them, for just as we need every other type, we need robots

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I don't always robot, but when I do, I do it with friends.

"The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

Socionics
    ILI Ni

Yes, they do not have free will, as all know, they are not humans, they are robots and cannot act otherwise. Obviously.

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    Why do ISTJs act like robots?
    I don't think that I act like a robot. I think if you encounter an ISTJ who's hard at work, they're probably less likely to be all emotional about it than some other types, especially the extraverts. When I'm working, I think I'm really focused on the task at hand. I know how to do my job quickly and well, and that requires attention. Since ISTJs tend to end up in more precision work, as opposed to say... social work (though I know an ISTJ 1 who is a social worker and seems to be damn good at it, if a little stern) I figure we aren't often seen expressing outward passion due to context.

ISTJs are mechanical minds programmed for logistical analysis! Discuss:

I'm good with logistics, sure. I seem to be skilled at foreseeing potential problems in a plan and arranging for prevention of this.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    I don't always robot, but when I do, I do it with friends.

How in the world did you come across this video?