• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Are most religious people SJs? Is God even an SJ?

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ok, one: I am an SJ, and I am an atheist (a humanist with Taoist leanings, but an atheists all the same)

Two: God is an NTJ, no doubt

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
God is undefinable, and the dude in the video is an idiot.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not type-related. Nurture over nature.

(Didn't watch the video.)

pyriticsilence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISTJ here. I'm an agnostic secular humanist.

Furthermore, if we're typing God, which religious text are we typing him from? Old Testament (also, which book)? New Testament? The Quran? The Avestas? The Ramayana?

Granted, I also didn't bother to watch the video.

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
God the Idiot

This video is so full of ridiculousness lol. I have to point out how stupid this is. I realize this may not have been your reason for posting but I just see so much wrong with his thinking here. So this is not directed at you( unless you are him)

1st he criticizes religion for transmitting the message in an identical way to "every other religion on the planet". Then suggest that god transmits his message they same way all over the planet. The only difference from what he suggest is that he appears more frequently. If we are looking at the christian faith that would mean that there would be a virgin birth every 500 years or when ever the civilizations population reaches a certain point. If the earth is over 4 billion years old virgin births would become a rare medical mystery. People would do what they do and at some point may still chose not to believe. Jesus would have to die and defy death multiple times again prob a medical mystery for those who chose not to believe. If it was based on population markers every time birth rates rose or immigration rates rose Vergin birth defy death. It would happen at different times and people would rationalize it. Even if we don't talk about the Christian faith. Lets go by his example Purple eyes telling every one to wash their hands. People may still branch off into different religions. I mean if you think about it the major religions have the same message more or less. Follow the rules now and be rewarded later in the after life next life w.e. Again pretty much the same thing.

So in this system( population) China's god would visited more frequently than the U.s God. People would still draw their own conclusions about the reason for different appearances in different cultures at different times.some cultures may never reach the right population marker to see god at all then what?Oh and what about the fact that some cultures came to exists at different points in time(If he came every 500 years)? China's god would be older than the U.s god ect. What is a civilization didn't exist for the full 500 years? Again some civilizations wold have never ave seen god. When civilizations die every person that was involved doesn't just vanish form the face of the earth .You would STILL have a group of people that never got to see god anywhere in their native culture and won't unless they are alive long enough or their current civilization exists long enough to qualify for a sighting. If they chose to believe they will have to believe out of pure faith and past stories of sightings. Humm sound familiar?

people all over the world in different cultures would study the sightings that occur in various points in time and develop DIFFRENT religions around them. We end up in the SAME place we are in right now. You will have those that believe in one cultures religious sighting or the other.(People move and immigrate and keep their religious belief or sighting schedule) There will of course be those that think every sighting is a hallucination because their culture has never seen it or because there are all different times of sightings. Even if the god gives the same message "wash your hands" Religious practices will develop around the sighting time which will all be different. Since the sighting times would vary they may even come up with their own conclusions of why he only shows up when a society is thieving if based on population. Larger countries can say hey he come to us more often. We are better than smaller counties. To please god we must expand our country or culture or w.e . In the process we must spread our faith and it's the crusades and manifest destiny all over again. If it was every 500 years the sighing time would still be different because again certain cultures exist at certain times. The oldest cultures would say hey in order to to last longer we have to be as large as possible or w.e....Crusades Manifest destiny all over again. What about the poor short live countries with low populations they will say well god never came to see us so he's stupid and must not exist. He is also not a very loving god because he only cares about huge civilizations and doesn't appear to the ones who nee him most.

TLDR: His "solution" will most likely yield the same freaking result and is so painfully obvious. :doh:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Are most religious people SJs?

It's a common stereotype, but I don't see it holding up very well in reality. I think different kinds of religious expression end up drawing different types, and you'll see "pockets" of types in certain religions, but it certainly isn't enough of a pattern to be able to correlate SJ and religious with any significant accuracy.

Also, guy in the video clearly thinks he's funny, but it's pretty boring watching him laugh at how brilliant he thinks he is. :shrug:

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
NF (!)
SJs just believe what society does. I think they are society because they're so common.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm bored with this subject. I'll give two bits. First, I'll say I'm religious. Second, I think I'm reasonable, understanding, moderate and wise. I think the ideas of "religion" on the internet has been totally ruined so I'm not much interested of any more chatter on this topic.