User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Although I engage my Ni much more often and score much higher in Ni on CF tests, Ne is what really makes me happy. I just suck at it.

Who's with me?!
    From my experience, most Si doms dislike Ne, but many Si aux's are okay with Ne.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    Made me laugh, personally
    Awesome.

SEE? SJs and NTs can get along!

The more I study about functions and typology in depth, the more convinced I am that S hatred is the hallmark of people who don't actually know anything about typology and what it means.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    The walrus and the stupid mushroom wizard from Troll.

Those were examples of me displaying Ne in this thread, were they not?
    Ok, so how did you SJ's respond to my use of Ne in this thread?

The "" isn't in direct response to your "use of Ne," but my confusion about what the hell posting pictures of a walrus and a troll (or the walrus and the troll themselves [?], or the fact that you chose to post pictures of those or any things at all [?]) have to do with Ne--nevermind how it's "displaying" it? How is it even possible to display a cognitive function? What am I misunderstanding?

And are you irritated by me performing an experiment on to satisfy my own curiosity? (If so, I must apologize.)
    Uh. Possibly? What is this experiment?

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Tabula View Post

The "" isn't in direct response to your "use of Ne," but my confusion about what the hell posting pictures of a walrus and a troll (or the walrus and the troll themselves [?], or the fact that you chose to post pictures of those or any things at all [?]) have to do with Ne--nevermind how it's "displaying" it? How is it even possible to display a cognitive function? I don't get it.

Uh. Possibly? What is this experiment?
    I wanted to see how SJ's react to my random-ass Ne humor.(Although, granted, I can do better than a walrus and mushrooom troll picture) It's Ne humor, because it involves putting things in that are deliberately out of context. I suppose a good way of explaining Ne humor is that a Ne user looks at the pattern (or lack thereof) itself as funny. Perhaps there's also a bit of a gestalt mechanism involved of filling in the blanks, as well. But largely I think that we like that kind of humor because it's so unexpected and out of left field.

Also, the act of performing an experiment like that is itself kind of Ne. It's altering one aspect of the dynamic of a situation just for seeing what emerges, which is another definition/use of Ne I've come across.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

I wanted to see how SJ's react to my random-ass Ne humor.(Although, granted, I can do better than a walrus and mushrooom troll picture) It's Ne humor, because it involves putting things in that are deliberately out of context. I suppose a good way of explaining Ne humor is that a Ne user looks at the pattern (or lack thereof) itself as funny. Perhaps there's also a bit of a gestalt mechanism involved of filling in the blanks, as well. But largely I think that we like that kind of humor because it's so unexpected and out of left field.

Also, the act of performing an experiment like that is itself kind of Ne. It's altering one aspect of the dynamic of a situation just for seeing what emerges, which is another definition/use of Ne I've come across.
    Oh, ok. Thank you for explaining. I think I took it too literally; it seemed like you were actually defining Ne AS that "randomness/silliness/goofiness."

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Ok, so how did you SJ's respond to my use of Ne in this thread? And are you irritated by me performing an experiment on to satisfy my own curiosity? (If so, I must apologize.)
    I loved it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I feel like "gently" used Si/Ne is very comforting... too much Si and my head spins, but when we can float Si and Ne back and forth, it's cozy and fun...

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I feel like "gently" used Si/Ne is very comforting... too much Si and my head spins, but when we can float Si and Ne back and forth, it's cozy and fun...
    I agree.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Yes, I like it, usually in the mid-intensity range at the most. But Ne is best left as humor to me, or exploration, not as reliable info as a foundation.

I didn't know what you were doing with the walrus and creature thing, was mildly amused / ignoring it as off-topic. Maybe because I skimmed rather than read.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    I didn't know what you were doing with the walrus and creature thing, was mildly amused / ignoring it as off-topic.
    If it's any consolation, I didn't understand it either, though it made me laugh.

Must be particularly INTP-flavored Ne.