User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 28

  1. #11
    Member Jstrazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    IxTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    LSI
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    It is because we have all ready discussed all topics of importance. No need for idle chatter.
    Aha, very ISTJ-like response.

  2. #12
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Read an ESFJ profile and tell me someone would identify with that garbage.


    At worst INFP's get called bossy, at best they're Jesus.

  3. #13
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    I guess it could be considered a contrast.

  4. #14
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,932

    Default

    They are used to being a majority everywhere, so they probably tend to feel uncomfortable at an intuitive dominated environment.

    etc
    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

  5. #15
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Read an ESFJ profile and tell me someone would identify with that garbage.


    At worst INFP's get called bossy, at best they're Jesus.
    Here is a picture I randomly Googled and wanted to post as a response because reasons:


  6. #16
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Here is a picture I randomly Googled and wanted to post as a response because reasons:


    i like reasons


    good work

  7. #17
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    i like reasons


    good work
    Thanks bro.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Habba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    The SJs don't feel welcome here. They're all on other web sites.
    I've actually never felt being discriminated for being an SJ. It's either because I don't care or because I didn't realize that.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

  9. #19
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    I've actually never felt being discriminated for being an SJ. It's either because I don't care or because I didn't realize that.
    You probably are a very Te (versus a more Fi) ISTJ then, lol.

  10. #20
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    They are used to being a majority everywhere, so they probably tend to feel uncomfortable at an intuitive dominated environment.

    etc
    If the discomfort you're describing is social discomfort, then I agree with you. But if it's cognitive, then I disagree.

    To be fair, I don't know what a "normal" SJ opinion on this would be. But I honestly don't feel a huge separation between myself as an SJ, and the Ns on this forum. I've never seen an SJ on this forum emphasize those differences either. The ones who are hung up on it are mostly the Ns, who come here to get away from SJs. So the dynamic I've experienced has been: Oblivious, well-meaning forum SJs, and extremely resentful and victimized (or victim-complexed) Ns.

    Which isn't to say that being motivated to join forums like these based on SJ-fatigue is a bad thing. I have plenty of forum friends who have that mentality, and I don't think any less of them for it. (Though I'm confused at why they're friends with me, if they're really that incompatible with them... but I digress.) And it's true that, as an SJ, I avoid forums like INTJf and INTPc because of all the Ns, and me being in the minority. But it's not because of communication problems. Hell, most of my friends are Ns, so I'm generally used to you guys.* No, instead, it's because their group dynamic is so focused on Not Being A Sensor, and on seeing themselves as unique and rare and special, that there's no way they'd be friendly towards an SJ coming in. It'd be like a girl waltzing into a treehouse that says "No Girls Allowed" on the outside, and going "Hey guys, can I hang out with you and talk about boy stuff? I know a lot about it!"

    So, obviously I wouldn't ever say that I'm "used to being in the majority everywhere", because, like I said, most of my friends are Ns. The forum demographics are very similar, percentage-wise, to my real life social environment. But maybe that's because I'm not in the SJ majority. Maybe the sorts of SJs who hate this kind of theoretical discussion, are more in the norm.

    /rambling

    *I honestly understand you all better than I understand SPs. Even they're supposedly my best match, I don't think I've had a healthy IRL acquaintance-ship, let alone friendship, with an SFP, in my entire life.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] Why is the SJ section the least veiwed???
    By DJAchtundvierzig in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-11-2010, 12:16 PM
  2. Why is the British academia so snob?
    By Blackmail! in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 02-16-2010, 05:49 PM
  3. [SP] Why is the "Arthouse" always so dead?
    By LEGERdeMAIN in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 10-31-2009, 04:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO