• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Is ESTJ the least liked type in all of MBTI?

Porsche

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think it's one of the most heavily stereotyped types, and that stereotype is widely disliked. The same is true for ESFJ.
Yes, true. And it's really unfair for them, just because those two types happens to be the least represented in the online world.

As for being disliked in real life, I doubt it. Both of those types seem better appreciated IRL than online - no surprise, since the practical realms belong to the Ss.
I doubt it too. They're one of the most charming people around, and they're really down-to-earth despite being labeled sometimes as "control freaks". I bet in real life, they get the most number of "Thank you" from people around them.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFPs are the most well liked? I thought everyone wanted to be an INFJ and worshiped INTPs on the Internet.

I thought people made fun of INFPs, and thought ESFPs were all dumb whores.

Last time I checked, ESTJs were well-respected assholes.

I thought ESFJs were the most hated, honestly. Everyone on-line seems to blame some ESFJ bitch for ruining their life. This begins to tell you how many people on line are heterosexual males who believe themselves to be INTx.

People love to despise me on Type C though, so I think ESFPs are running a close second, being that many people here believe me to be ESFP.

I think ExTJs probably come in third. There is that whole idea that Te doms are EEEEVIL.

What made you think that INFPs were the most liked type?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes, true. And it's really unfair for them, just because those two types happens to be the least represented in the online world.

I doubt it too. They're one of the most charming people around, and they're really down-to-earth despite being labeled sometimes as "control freaks". I bet in real life, they get the most number of "Thank you" from people around them.

No they're the least represented on on-line forums, not the least represented in the on-line world.

I frankly think that ESFJs, ENFJs, ESTJs, and ENTJs spend a very spare and brief amount of time on-line, by virtue of being Je doms, not because of being Sensors.

I think Fe doms are all really concerned with IRL people and Te doms are very concerned with goals.

I think a lot of "ENTJs" on the Internets are ESTPs or ENTPs, but more likely ESTPs than ENTPs, because ESTPs and ENTJs have the same "powerful, manly, extroverted, mover-and-shaker" stereotype thingy going on, but on personality forums, being ENTJ is more PRESTIGIOUS!!!111

Apparently they also get mixed up because of that whole tertiary Se business.

I honestly think there are a HUGE amount of SPs and ISxJs on-line, contrary to popular belief. Se doms and Si doms have no reason to not be here, they're being fully entertained, and there's plenty of activity to engage with on-line, you can even multi-task with music, videos, films, text convos with friends/lovers, as well as forum discussions and factual research. Let us not forget all of the pretty pictures. So many sights and sounds! So many facts and opinions! Why the fuck wouldn't sensing dominants be on-line? Jesus wept.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Probably not, but ESFJ is a good bet.

It works this way:

Types most people think they are: INXPs

Types most people love to idealize: INXJs

Type people love to hate: ESFJ

Type people love to snub: ESFP

You left out entp. Everyone's favorite wacky side character....

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
In my experience and I have to use experience because I don't have anything else for this matter; ESTJ's like any other type can be great or terrible.

This is not appease people nor an attempt to avoid offence, really it's just that I have an ESTJ co-worker and for the most part I find her pretty bad ass and we have a great working relationship.

I rely on her to plan out the system of put-away and find the best gaps with her ridiculously good memory of the stock room, (which has less to do with Si which isn't really that good at practical memory despite peoples opinions to the contrary and more to do with her time spent there I would say), and she relies on me to put it away quickly, efficiently and most importantly: To lighten the mood. :D

The best part about her is she is fairly well developed as a person. So if I challenge her idea of or plan of where something should go, she will consider it and concede if my idea is shown to be better, none of that 'it's the rulz!!' business.

She simply weighs the odds like a true Te dom. I'm probably the only person there though that doesn't find her manner overbearing and brusque.

Come to think of it, ive had more problems with TP's and FP's than TJ's. FJ's are more hit and miss for me, essentially marmite; I either love or hate them.

KDude

What's to like? They're obnoxious cunts.

There are only so many ways someone can be a cunt though. I don't think the conflict pops up enough.

For example, I know an ESTJ who has this "need" to sort of be in charge of group outings (like a camping trip or something), but in my mind, this is stuff I'd never care about anyways. I don't give a shit about organizing an ice chest, or the best parking spots, or where to set up a tent. Y'know.. whatever. More time for me to do something else. In the end, he makes things convenient for everyone anyways, where they start thinking "I'm glad he thought of that.." If it came to a professional setting, I'm sure it wouldn't be much different.

It's different when I was a kid and I dealt with STJ cops or coaches.. but that's a whole other power dynamic.

The guy above occasionally does annoying things, but I just laugh at them. Like we could be driving past a kid with long "hipster" hair, and he goes off on some rant about "normalcy" that some SJs do. How kids should look a certain way, etc.. I think it's absurd, but write it off as a quirk. It's not like he's going to actually do anything.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
In terms of the ESTJ type I find them to be either too nice or too dickish. I've met some really nice ESTJ'S and they will use their Te toward helping people out.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My brother is ESTJ; I have an ambiguous feeling towards him, which is probably due to low Fi. He doesn't seem to have any interests beyond what's trending (now Yugioh is trending again, so he watches it; a while ago, it was some other thing, and before that, another thing) - he doesn't seem to have a sense of divine mission, so to speak. Life is life, and that's that. I think ISTJs (like my father) tend to have some sort of idea about what is honourable, but that's lacking in my brother - he just plays by the rules, not by any - however traditional - idea.

KDude

My brother is ESTJ; I have an ambiguous feeling towards him, which is probably due to low Fi. He doesn't seem to have any interests beyond what's trending (now Yugioh is trending again, so he watches it; a while ago, it was some other thing, and before that, another thing) - he doesn't seem to have a sense of divine mission, so to speak. Life is life, and that's that. I think ISTJs (like my father) tend to have some sort of idea about what is honourable, but that's lacking in my brother - he just plays by the rules, not by any - however traditional - idea.

You sure he isn't ESP? Se doms are more keen to the nature of trends or following changes. Si is more constant.

Then again, "divine mission" is a bit over most people's heads. Especially when it comes to what you watch on tv.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You sure he isn't ESP? Se doms are more keen to the nature of trends or following changes. Si is more constant.

Then again, "divine mission" is a bit over most people's heads. Especially when it comes to what you watch on tv.

I've considered ESFP as well, but he seems to fit more into the ESTJ than into ESFP.

Well, I used "divine mission" in a figurative sense for strong goals and ideals.

dpolaristar

MBTI Type
INTP
Because INFP seems to be the most liked type in all of MBTI.

Are you sure your not looking at it from personal lens? If your an INFP then it would make sense that you hate ESTJ's. I think people will tend to find types that have less in common with their own aggravating. So it's subjective. Unless we are speaking democratically then what the ESTJ's, ISTJ's, ESFJ's, and ISFJ's opinion would hold sway because they are the most common.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are we talking about the most disliked type in general? Or the type that we personally find distateful? Last I checked, ESFJs generally socially succesful individuals. Most of the ones that I know have a lot of friends, and are pretty socially capable. That might be grounds for dislike on this Island of Misfit Toys, but it's not in the rest of the world.

If we're talking about personality types that tend not to be liked by most people they encounter, then we're talking about INTs. No one has time for INTPs and their Ti-dom nitpicking, Fe-inferior morally superior while meanwhile basically lacking in life skills personas. And people could similarly give two shits about INTJs and their arrogant, dogmatic and generally insufferable, high-handed dickishness.

And why is this the case? Well, for one, the average person is fairly fucking stupid. They tend to gravitate towards what's familiar and makes them feel good about themselves, and disdain the things that aren't and don't. People don't hate ESJs: that's their mothers and fathers; their coach and the cheerleader who wouldn't look at them twice--regular fixtures of mundane lives who maintain the status quo for themselves and others. The ones people hate are the know-it-all little shit heads who made them feel dumb in math class, and now work at Goldman or pullin seven figures at a gig in Silicone Valley or do neither and yet still feel superior from the safety of his mom's basement. Those are the guys who earn real and lasting contempt from the hoi polloi.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
All hail ESTJ master race, the almighty supervisors of this matrix control system!

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is a generalization. On the one hand, they can annoy the heck out of me. On the other hand, they are direct, honest and fair. Everybody is different but at the end of the day, I really like the ones I know well.

So, in general, ESTJs are great IMO.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Each individual within each type can have a most hated type or not. Or not hate any types. There might be frequencies of agreement within types, but even if this is the case, each type will hate a different type if at all. So it is completely relative. I'm guessing ESTJ's don't hate other ESTJ's.

I don't hate any type.

And one of my best friends is ESTJ (possibly).