First 56789 Last

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    I think ESFJ is the most hated type on the Internet. Probably because there are tons of INTPs on typology forums.

A lot of INTPs use ESFJs as a catch-all term for "person I don't like." I find that I have a harder time getting a long with ExFPs, though, but even that isn't a done deal, and there are a lot of exceptions. And, oddly, enough, sometimes I clash the most with other INTPs.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    A lot of INTPs use ESFJs as a catch-all term for "person I don't like." I find that I have a harder time getting a long with ExFPs, though, but even that isn't a done deal, and there are a lot of exceptions. And, oddly, enough, sometimes I clash the most with other INTPs.
    Not odd at all! I have heard that identity relations in Socionics (that is, relations with your own type) are poor. It makes sense too from an evolutionary psychology standpoint. You and your duplicate, so to speak, are in direct competition because you're providing the same thing to the group.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

I would introduce Socionics here (questioned, though it may be), since it deals with intertype relations. Maybe your last letter is flipped, making you an INTj. That would explain how well you get along with one type versus another. Also, if you put enough of the same type in a room, then you are going to have conflict. Though I do agree, I don't get along as well with INTPs as I thought I would. It matters little though, especially after the OkCupid experiment where I realized that I had a very low friend % with the great majority of types (INTPs as well) on the forum (though it was a small sampling). So maybe it's not that I don't get along with them, maybe it's just that I haven't found a group of them that were the same type as me, but also like-minded.

Were these clashes with other INTPs online, or in your real life? Online, you have to find a group you get along with. I personally think that having a group that answered the OkCupid questions to assess matches would be a good idea, but I doubt it would get much adoption. Sure, you have to be able to deal with and have to expose yourself to a wide variety of people, but I don't think this online therapy session is about suffering even more around people you're not compatible with, or with bending yourself even more. It should be about meeting like-minded people from various backgrounds to finally relax and be yourself and talk about what you want to talk about. But whatever. A lot of time in life is usually spent bending for other people or dealing with people you don't like (or are incompatible with), and I don't think that should be the case everywhere. Maybe this is truer on the forums that are type-specific (INTJforum, INFJforum, etc), but I think they are there for the like-mindedness, not necessarily to exclusively discuss typology.

Like for me, I'm just sick of the same old complaints about INTPs, and I've been trying to find a place where I don't get bothered with it, but so far no luck. I don't mention this, because all that follows are the fake platitudes, and the usual bullshit that are completely devoid of meaning that, if I ever believed them, would only give me a false sense of security.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Both on the internet, and to a lesser extent, in real life.

I found that my most annoying aggravating dating experiences are with other INTPs, for instance. Rather than boredom or disinterest, like most dates, which I can't fault anyone for, INTP women do an annoying thing where they are interested in me in one sense, but also disgusted. The self-loathing, that is, gets transferred on to me. They dismiss me as a loser for the exact same things about themselves they don't feel great about. The game gets rather tiresome... they think the hallmark of a well-adjusted personality is smoking marijuana or clubbing. Those things are fine, I guess, but I'm not 21 anymore. Been there, done that, and didn't really get anything out of it. Why should I still worry about being "cool" at age 28? And then there's a self-righteousness thing, of trying too hard to be an INFJ. I'm not saying that INFJs are self-righteous, but I think that INTPs can be when they try to be NFs.

People say female INTPs are more well-adjusted, but I don't actually think that's true.

Regarding "bending" over for other people, I think the secret is to learn how and when to set boundaries. I'm getting better at that, and things seem to get easier.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by kquirk View Post
    I think female ESTJs in general might be more palatable. There's more of a balance there, rather than maleness and testosterone on top of it.
    You may be onto something here.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I think INTJs are probably the least liked of all types on average IRL. ESTJs are often pretty popular.
    I prefer the INTJ to the ESTJ any day of the week.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    I think ESFJ is the most hated type on the Internet. Probably because there are tons of INTPs on typology forums.
    A lot of INTPs use ESFJs as a catch-all term for "person I don't like."
    ^ These.
    Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    It's more likely the INTJs who dislike ESFJs, than INTPs. INTPs share the same functions but in reverse order.
    Sharing functions in the reverse order is a huge part of why they can dislike each other. IME, shadow types project the weakness of their inferior function onto others who exude it as dominant/secondary. e.g. INFPs who see dominant Te as oppressive, and ESTJs who see dominant Fi as naive. Both views are (IMO) utterly wrong, because they're based on the image of the other's dominant function as unhealthy.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

The reason I get into conflicts with INTPs, or have frustrating issues with them both online and IRL is not because I think other INTPs aren't awesome. I think the root of the problem is self-loathing.

This will make the source of my bitching transparent, but I've been on dates with a few INTP women, and the outcome is always frustrating. With other types, it's more boredom or somethiing which I can take or leave, I guess, but with them, it's frustrating because they seem simultaneously interested and repulsed by me. I think I remind them of things they don't like about themselves... I don't think female INTps are necessarily more healthy than male INTPs, as is commonly believed. I just think it's just that they tend to overindulge in inferior Extraverted Feeling. I think they make that choice because they feel it would make them more accepted, but it just results in dumb shit like a dorky person who is 27 year old and still obsessed with appearing cool, or being overly self-righteous in a way that only a college student can. Since I've kind of moved on, they don't know how to process it, and translate that to ineptitude, and think that it would "help" me.

INTP males can be like that too, but it's less annoying because there's only the repulsion, not the attraction.

I know this is what they are doing, because I have done it too. I decided eventually I didn't want to do that anymore. Maybe my rant is a little over the top, but am I actually wrong?

Visit my Johari:

Ginkgo

Outside of this website, it seems more like NTs are the most significant object of contempt at the core of human experience. You have the stereotypical villains - the brooding mastermind who would reshape the world to conform to his selfish vision, or the flippant trickster who would watch the world burn on nothing more than principle and whim.

And while INFPs might be overrepresented on this website (suggesting their exists a type bias that molds the self-perception of certain members), I think they're often too fickle and self-absorbed to be loved by all.

Even if an ESTJ is a well-intentioned extremist, it's hard not to be somewhat grateful that they're holding shit together at the end of the day - even if it means they bark at peons until their faces turn blue with bursting veins.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

It does seem that 90% of all villains are NTs.

Visit my Johari:

Ginkgo

It does seem that 90% of all villains are NTs.
    Media is a decent indicator of the more popular personal preferences.