• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] Are all ISFJs 'traditionalists'?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
All I'll say is...I am not.

HarHar who ever said you're an ISFJ!? ... wait a minute, that's a good whole chunk of the dang forum, but too bad for you, I'm not one of them, you self-deluded INFJ!

You don't need that from me though, lol you get to much of that 'people telling you your type' crap anyway, so whatever. :)

W

WALMART

Being IJ types, they can be very dug into their thoughts and perceptions.

They do enjoy exploring, though. I remember getting into a minor political debate with my ISFJ ex, who was raised by very conservative Christians, and her getting kind of upset with me. Years after we broke up she randomly called to tell me I was right about everything, lol. College, I guess.

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
HarHar who ever said you're an ISFJ!? ... wait a minute, that's a good whole chunk of the dang forum, but too bad for you, I'm not one of them, you self-deluded INFJ!

You don't need that from me though, lol you get to much of that 'people telling you your type' crap anyway, so whatever. :)

quit messing with him, he is an enfj!

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I wouldn't call ISFJ significant other a traditionalist, but he has a great love for and fascination with the past, and historical culture. We both enjoy bringing aspects of meaningful traditions into our lives, as well as creating our own traditions. He is generally quite aware of conventions and the reasons behind them (eg, men's suits being "power colors" of black, navy, and dark grey), and will tend to adhere to them if there is clear benefit to be gained from doing so.

bronte27

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w5
All ISFJs are the masters of baking.

I burn cookies all the time so I wish! Maybe I'm not actually an ISFJ ;)

As to the actual question I do tend to be quite traditional. Even escaping from a fairly conservative background and immersing myself in some more liberal thinking I still find myself hesitant to really go to far. I was recently relaying to a friend how glad I am to be at a fairly conservative university, because there are classes even here I feel out of place in! Eh I don't know, I like things to be stable and expected but I'm not opposed to change if I think there's a good cause behind it.

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
Jung called both Si and Ni types preservers of culture.

Have I said that in thread yet?

Oh, look. Yes.

whatson

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not all. I prefer estructured patterns and I'm really afraid of big changes in my personal life but that doesn't mean my ideals or views of society are traditional. Also, I'm not reactionary to social changes. I try to adapt, even through it may be hard sometimes. I'm sure the most traditionalists types are xSTJ. I usually find some" acceptable", "expected" and traditional social behaviors mundane but I need to know how to live, I'm really dependable. So I just pick things from there and here and that's how I survive. I don't create but I re-do, which isn't that bad.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Political views are a conscious choice, but Consciousness (+) and Openness (-) have weak correlations with conservatism...so the stereotype of SJs being conservative has some basis in reality.

Ultimately though, I think it is the underlying reason/s why you hold your view, rather than the view itself, that may indicate type. Ni and Si may come to the same conclusion, but in a very different way.

I would also say that ISFJs tend to be "mainstream" and religious conservatives ("let's preserve what we have"), not radicals ("let's replace/remove what's not working"), who in my experience are almost always NTJs.

Unionruler

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think to say that ISFJs are traditional makes more sense/is more precise along the lines of observing traditions in line with their values, and also creating "standard operating procedures" for themselves. It may also extend to people around them, for example always meeting this person for lunch and a chat over tea, always meeting that person for a movie etc.

ISFJs don't necessarily take cultural norms, but that can appear to be the case if they feel they fit in and/or are simply harmoniously complying with a structured environment.

blahblahbob

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Political views are a conscious choice, but Consciousness (+) and Openness (-) have weak correlations with conservatism...so the stereotype of SJs being conservative has some basis in reality.

I think they're just environment adapters who prefer not to have their world uprooted every five minutes rather than something that is political preference specific. I'm sure you'd find a hell of a lot of SJ's in the Communist Party and former USSR Government. I'm sure Putin is an SJ of some sort. These people just like a structured environment - it has nothing to do with political ideology.