User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ISxJs - Do you relate easily to other Si-dom in person?

Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Default ISxJs - Do you relate easily to other Si-dom in person?

ISxJs, when you encounter another of your kind in person, do you find it easy to see yourself in them or not?
    Besides your own type (ISTJ or ISFJ), which type do you tend to see some reflection of yourself in (in person mainly)?

If you ever get compared to other people in person, does it tend to be a "neighbor" type (ie. an ISFP or INFJ for ISFJ, or ESTJ for ISTJ) or is it usually completely unrelated to type?
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive

The Iron Giant

When I was on PerC, I found I didn't have a whole lot in common with most of the other ISTJs, though people did compare me to some. I'm good friends with @MBTI Enthusiast still, she's an ISTJ and a 9w1. I have a 9 fix, and I'm a reasonably healthy six, so I guess that could be part of it, too. We relate a bit when we talk, which admittedly isn't that often, and is only online. Her boyfriend is an ISTJ with almost the same tritype as me too, and there are things about him, from his posts on PerC, that I relate to as well.

You're asking in person, which makes more sense of course... I have connected rather well with the female ISFJs I've known in real life. I think my ex-wife may have been ISFJ (she tentatively considered herself INFJ, but knows almost nothing of typology aside from the results of her test). She's a 4w3, without question. I've never known anyone who better fits that enneagram type. I didn't see much of myself in her at all, I guess. We had fun anyway. I had an ISFJ friend for a little while a couple of years ago who I got along with OK but we didn't hang out much. I forget her type, she's on PerC but I can't look at her type since I was banned. The ex-girlfriend I had before my ex-wife I also believe to be ISFJ, and she and I got along very well too. I could see a lot of myself in her, we related very well while we were together.

I don't think I've been compared to other people in person. Online I get compared to a few other sixes and a few nines. There was a thread over on PerC asking what members certain members remind you of, and there were a few mentioned there. I'm sure some were Si-dom.

Sorry I don't have many IRL answers for you. Curse of the cave bear. ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

Unfortunately no. I relate very little to most people anyhow and have never noticed an affinity with other ISFJ's.

But of course bias being what it is, (and franky I needn't harp on this horn as it is always constantly blowing), but people often assume Sensing types, especially SJ's, to be copies of each other for some reason.

Possibly because the concept of type was thought of and adapted by intuitives. Assuming of course that any of this is an inherency that we gave terms to instead of the other way around.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that SJs (and maybe sensors in general) identify more with people who share common interests and like to do the same kinds of things, whereas NFs (and perhaps intuitives as a whole) are more likely to find common ground based on patterns of thinking and behaviour, even if directed towards different ends.

I don't know though, it's just idle conjecture.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Generally, yes. Sometimes we're just too different as individuals (insofar as interests and hobbies go) but otherwise I get along with them very well
    "There is no such thing as spare time, no such thing as down time, no such thing as free time, there is only life time. Go."
    ― Henry Rollins

Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that SJs (and maybe sensors in general) identify more with people who share common interests and like to do the same kinds of things, whereas NFs (and perhaps intuitives as a whole) are more likely to find common ground based on patterns of thinking and behaviour, even if directed towards different ends.

That's EXACTLY something I was "suspecting", and partly why I asked the question.

Si-dom, when you do find yourself relating to someone, what are the factors?
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive

The Iron Giant

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Similar values (for example if someone goes off on a rape culture rant, or something about religious hypocrisy, I'm totally there), strong sense of humor, similar interests, and that rare instance where I see someone standing up for the little guy, or defending an unpopular position against the masses.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    That's EXACTLY something I was "suspecting", and partly why I asked the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Similar values (for example if someone goes off on a rape culture rant, or something about religious hypocrisy, I'm totally there), strong sense of humor, similar interests, and that rare instance where I see someone standing up for the little guy, or defending an unpopular position against the masses.
    +1. Similar values and interests are primarily what make me click with a person. I can get along with virtually anyone but how much I engage them depends on how much I can relate to them.
    "There is no such thing as spare time, no such thing as down time, no such thing as free time, there is only life time. Go."
    ― Henry Rollins

No moss growing on me Array Giggly's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Yes, I get along with and relate well to other Si doms.

I relate more to individuals than whole types, but if I had to pick another type I relate most to, it would probably be INFJs.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Not an Si-dom, but...
    Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post

^ Meshes well with my experience. I'd answer exactly the same way as Tinker and Stephen in terms of what leads me to connect with people. Values emphasis is probably part of the reason why I'm friends with so many NFs irl.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!