User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I think I relate to other ISTJs, ISTPs, and ESTJs rather well.
    I can also relate somewhat to ISFJs and INTJs too, although they often do have personality feats I slightly resent (but knowing that helps me ignore that resent). Funnily enough, I feel it's the two sides of the coin. The other doesn't stand behind what he believes, while the other doesn't give room enough for other beliefs.

I don't think I can relate to people via interests that well. I like watching football, but I dislike football fans.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    I don't think I can relate to people via interests that well. I like watching football, but I dislike football fans.
    You know, that's a good point. Several interests of mine -- and several TV shows I watch -- led me to try to befriend people who share that interest, only to back the hell away when I saw how freaking obnoxious they are.

But oftentimes, with making friends or whatnot, it'll start with shared interests, right? I mean, I dunno about Si-doms (vs. Si-auxes), but in my case, the "spark" between me and someone else will often be with a shared interest. Whether a friendship/relationship develops from there depends on all the other ways in which we could be compatible, but the initial "relating" process might begin, for me, with some shared experience. Some common ground.

Maybe this is different from what NFs experience? I think they might tend to zero in on principles, loyalty, whether someone is a "good person", before the more superficial things, instead of letting the superficial things lead to the deep stuff. Unless that has more to do with instinctual variants...
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

As an INFP with tertiary Si, there has been a focus at times on "niche interests", where I'd lament not meeting many who shared mine, as if this was the only way to connect. Being rather infantile in me, Si is limiting for me then. But I don't & didn't necessarily see myself in someone because we share interests. I may enjoy & like them and in that sense we may connect over our common interests, but I don't see my own qualities in them aside from taste. I've noticed I generally get compared to & relate to similar types ("neighbor" types, if you will), and I too will see a similar thinking style, even if our demeanors, tastes, beliefs, etc, vary a lot.

However, the nature of Si led me to suspect that a reflection of self would be viewed in more factual terms than patterns of processes. This would go beyond interests & tastes to include specific beliefs, values, and behaviors even. These things are a lot more about specific experience. Since Si is sort of personal impressions of experience held as a sort of map of reality, then two Si-dom may not relate much at all because they're operating off of very different maps.

The ego being a mindset like that would make it hard to relate to a lot of people, I imagine, even if some of them are Si-dom as well. I've had the idea that Si-dom don't really experience themselves as "typical" at all (as they are tagged); some theorists suggest they may view this morbidly. Perhaps because of Je-aux there may even be a hyper-awareness of how they differ in nuances....

Most of what people are saying confirms my hunch though.

/thinking aloud
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    As an INFP with tertiary Si, there has been a focus at times on "niche interests", where I'd lament not meeting many who shared mine, as if this was the only way to connect. Being rather infantile in me, Si is limiting for me then. But I don't & didn't necessarily see myself in someone because we share interests. I may enjoy & like them and in that sense we may connect over our common interests, but I don't see my own qualities in them aside from taste. I've noticed I generally get compared to & relate to similar types ("neighbor" types, if you will), and I too will see a similar thinking style, even if our demeanors, tastes, beliefs, etc, vary a lot.

However, the nature of Si led me to suspect that a reflection of self would be viewed in more factual terms than patterns of processes. This would go beyond interests & tastes to include specific beliefs, values, and behaviors even. These things are a lot more about specific experience. Since Si is sort of personal impressions of experience held as a sort of map of reality, then two Si-dom may not relate much at all because they're operating off of very different maps.

The ego being a mindset like that would make it hard to relate to a lot of people, I imagine, even if some of them are Si-dom as well. I've had the idea that Si-dom don't really experience themselves as "typical" at all (as they are tagged); some theorists suggest they may view this morbidly. Perhaps because of Je-aux there may even be a hyper-awareness of how they differ in nuances....

Most of what people are saying confirms my hunch though.

/thinking aloud
    This is sooo interesting but you make it sound so dry and hard
    why Pls make it more alove.

Si is fun!

Also, what things mean to me, makes me an individual, and what my past was, makes me an individual too, so they are both a part of me.
    I wonder if INFPs are not in danger of believing only their heart holds the key to their true self?

MBTI
    IxTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    LSI

In my experience (which is my experience not universal truth) ISTP's can be a bit arrogant and won't stop talking about what they know and are a bit lazy, all of which bothers me as an ISTJ who doesn't appreciate anything I do which is a problem area, I never want anyone to know what I know and I need to keep busy to stay sane. In that respect I don't relate well to ISTP's. ISFJ's and ESFJ's, again in my experience, can be very manipulative and whiny which isn't easy to relate to. ISFP's are AWESOME. They are the sweetest nicest people in the world. Though its hard to relate to their patience and open care about others. ESTJ's are pretty much our (ISTJ's) twins and we can relate completely together.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

I have an ISFJ sister. We get along pretty well most of the time because of a shared sense of humor. There are other times when I think she's a little bit crazy, though.
    ISTJ:
    1w9 - 5w6 - 3w2