12 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Default Can INTP with high Si look ISTJ?

I know both of these types can be very boring and lifeless people who are connected to Schizoid personality disorder, and can pay way too much attention to little details, as well as being very moderate in their ways rather than radical rebels, so I'm wondering if the Si axis along with some thinking function combined can be a cause they are this way. If so, it seems very reasonable that lots of INTPs who are high Si could look ISTJ. Potential examples of this phenomenon I would guess may be Spock from Star Trek, and NBA superstar Tim Duncan.

Spock

Tim Duncan

Tim Duncan got assessed by sports mbti scout Jon Niednagel and got ISFP, actually. Not sure how accurate it is, but it is coming from someone who meets nba players (at one time Danny Ainge employed him fulltime for Celtics scouting).

I don't know about ISTJs being "lifeless". They're like the typical descriptions say.. "Duty bound". Like the last person to slack at work or talk too much. If that's lifeless, so be it. But I don't think so. Some could be, but that's taking it too far.

WALMART

ISFP sounds fair, for Tim.

I've wondered this, at what point a spade becomes a shovel. Hard to say.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Well, they would use Te and Fi as their middle two functions, so to go from Ti dominant to Te aux and inferior Fe to tert. Fi is a pretty big jump. Also the inferior function changing from Fe to Ne is pretty big. So I think having high Si could produce similar function development, but it looks more like a tertiary loop to me.

Riva

They would probably just sound nerdier since they have more to talk about. It's their tertiary function and is introverted as their dom. So INTP probably do have more Si than meets the eye.

Take entps. What will happen if their tertiary (Fe) is weak? However most seem to have well developed Fe, sometimes it appears equally developed to EFJs.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory. Debates rage on if he's INTP, INTJ, or ISTJ.

My INTP dad is a physician and is like a walking encyclopedia of medical terminology. I think he's erred more to Si as he's gotten older (as one ought to, theoretically, in functional development). He's also 6w5, which makes him a more moderate NP.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I type myself as INTP with strong Si. I have considered ISTJ as a possible type before and I know there are a few on this forum who have typed me ISTJ.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory. Debates rage on if he's INTP, INTJ, or ISTJ.

My INTP dad is a physician and is like a walking encyclopedia of medical terminology. I think he's erred more to Si as he's gotten older (as one ought to, theoretically, in functional development). He's also 6w5, which makes him a more moderate NP.
    omgwtfbbq sheldon is not an INTP. He's most def an IxTJ (kind of a fictional mixture bastardizing of ISTJS and INTJ imo).

INTPs aren't like that. They're more likely to come off as slightly immature-priggish ISFJ in my experience of them. They lack Te and its obvious to me.

Si is not what makes ISTJs seem "together" and boxy, its the Te.

ISFJs are "messier" (even if clean people, though its no guarantee, Te is more about external order than Fe is).

I dont buy any INTP argument for sheldon.

He actually seems ISTJ with a huge INFP shadow, his Fi is more clear.

I honestly want to go Si/Fi for sheldon, though he plays the INTJ persona pretty aewsomely.

He's much too well groomed to be an INTP.

Dont hit me.

WALMART

^^ Good analysis, Si/Fi.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    ^^ Good analysis, Si/Fi.
    Thank you.

He is clearly a Te/Fi type.

The tertiary Fi is what makes him cute. He would be an unbearably boring asshole without it.