Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

A generalization:
    ISFJ's are experimental health nuts.

"lets see what this pill does to me!"
    "I wonder how I can boost my metabolic rate and simultaneously decrease my resting heartrate."

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    You look for words to match actions as your measure of consistency, maybe even authenticity. I look for your internal emotional state to match your outer one to measure that same thing. So for me, there's so often this mismatch when I feel your internal irritation for example but see your outer politeness. To me, that was a difficult thing to reconcile, that people act nice but don't think nice.

Your measure is that the external consistency is more important. To me, the inner consistency is more important.

Interesting difference, eh?
    It is! I wonder if this is the chief difference between Fe and Fi?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    A generalization:

"I wonder how I can boost my metabolic rate and simultaneously decrease my resting heartrate."
    Incidentally, I can be a massive hypochondriac. I'm very suspect about taking any kind of medicine without first knowing what all the side effects could potentially be
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    A generalization:

This sounds exactly like my ISFP. Actually, I think she has said the first one, verbatim, on more than one occasion... I feel like SPs are more likely to be all "My body is my experiment!" than SJs.

I'm certainly nothing close to a healthnut and I'm afraid of pills. You did say it was a generalization, I'm aware. I just don't know where it's coming from? That weird Si body connection thing? It translates into hypochondria for me, like tinker. (inferior Ne negative possibilities/catastrophizing, maybe?)

Also, I know I'm late to the thread hugfest, but 's all around anyways.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

You look for words to match actions as your measure of consistency, maybe even authenticity. I look for your internal emotional state to match your outer one to measure that same thing. So for me, there's so often this mismatch when I feel your internal irritation for example but see your outer politeness. To me, that was a difficult thing to reconcile, that people act nice but don't think nice.

Your measure is that the external consistency is more important. To me, the inner consistency is more important.

Yeah that's because:

Fe = lying

Fi= Selfishness
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Nice point.

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    Incidentally, I can be a massive hypochondriac. I'm very suspect about taking any kind of medicine without first knowing what all the side effects could potentially be
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabula View Post
    This sounds exactly like my ISFP. Actually, I think she has said the first one, verbatim, on more than one occasion... I feel like SPs are more likely to be all "My body is my experiment!" than SJs.

I'm certainly nothing close to a healthnut and I'm afraid of pills. You did say it was a generalization, I'm aware. I just don't know where it's coming from? That weird Si body connection thing? It translates into hypochondria for me, like tinker. (inferior Ne negative possibilities/catastrophizing, maybe?)
    Lol, my ISFJ definitely falls on the opposite end of the spectrum, too. He doesn't take medicine unless it's REALLY necessary, and still doesn't like it.

Incidentally my INFJ coworker is the experimental nut (inferior Se?), while my probably-ISFP grandfather was the health nut/guru.

Also, I know I'm late to the thread hugfest, but 's all around anyways.