User Tag List

MBTI
    INTJ

Default What do ESFJ women look for in a man?

What do you look for in a man, both physically and in personality?
    How do you feel about traditional gender roles?
    What did you look for in boys-physically and in personality-when you were in high school/college?
    Do you ever wear revealing "show-off" clothing? It is my impression that SPs tend to wear very revealing clothing, while ESFJ girls in HS/college, wear somewhat revealing clothing. I think ESFJs do this because thy want boys to notice them, but would feel uncomfortable if they stared. SPs love to be stared at.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

There are no ESFJ females here.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Indeed that is terribly disappointing.

I along with the OP would have greatly enjoyed the company of such lovely creatures!

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I've purged them all from here years ago.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    I remember you.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Indeed that is terribly disappointing.

I along with the OP would have greatly enjoyed the company of such lovely creatures!
    Sarcasm

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Snape42 View Post
    What did you look for in boys-physically and in personality-when you were in high school/college?
    Do you ever wear revealing "show-off" clothing? It is my impression that SPs tend to wear very revealing clothing, while ESFJ girls in HS/college, wear somewhat revealing clothing. I think ESFJs do this because thy want boys to notice them, but would feel uncomfortable if they stared. SPs love to be stared at.
    Well, since I appear to be the only ESFJ female around, I thought I would resurrect this!

- To start, I dislike traditional gender roles very much. It wasn't always this way though, my INFP roommate has converted me.
    - Well, since I am in fact still in college... I am quite attracted to tallish, brunettes with a kind of slight build. Think Andrew Garfield. In terms of personality, I am very attracted to intuition and sensitivity. I am pretty open about my feelings and I often find myself needing a good listener to process with. A good sense of humor is absolutely vital.. I love to laugh and need someone to laugh with, otherwise I end up feeling like kind of a spaz, which I hate.
    - I try to avoid wearing revealing clothing. I am rather busty, and always have been and I hated getting attention for that as a young adolescent, I think that has carried over to adulthood. I would much rather be noticed for my personality and/or intelligence than my breasts.

Any other ESFJ females want to share their opinions?
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    May I know how you managed to do that?

MBTI
    ESFJ

- Physically - I have to find him attractive.
    - Personality - We need to have similar core values. Like any person looking for a mate, I'm seeking compatibility. Do your views clash or compliment mine? What can we agree on? What do we disagree on? How do we handle our disagreements? Can you make me laugh? How good of a listener are you? How well do you follow through on your commitments and promises? As an ESFJ I'm going to be having a good hard look at what you present me and make my mind up pretty quick if this is going to be a go romantically or not. If it's not, I'll probably friendzone you and keep looking. Unless you're a total creep. Then you're done.

I would hate to have my partner assign me roles/have expectations for me to fit into because I'm a woman. In my relationship, we both cook, we both take the other out on romantic dates and send each other presents. He does dishes, I take out the recycle. So I don't think traditional gender roles are necessarily important to me.

Whether or not I was physically attracted to them, whether or not they were kind, easy to talk to, and if I enjoyed being around them, if they made me feel good about myself, etc.

Occasionally, not often though. I think a lot of the desire to be ogled at like a piece of meat wore off in high school/early college.
    . Salmon Hand Roll .
    A Blog