• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NT's and SJ's working together

pyriticsilence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, and he didn't do it the "old" way. He did it the way he wanted (something new). ;)

I don't care, though, as long as it looks good and works.

He sounds very much like an NTP. My INTJ boyfriend is a proposal manager for an IT firm; he actually prefers a tried and true method where he can chart his progress in a very objective Te manner. He tends to make a rubric to work by, and gets very frustrated trying to marshal his subordinates into doing the work he assigns to them. Nothing ticks him off more than someone who cannot meet a deadline (and he prefers that people not send in sections at the last minute.) His direct superior in the company is an ENTP and they very much clash; the ENTP is an ideas person very good at formulating various logistics and strategies, but not a throughput person. He makes plans without following them through, usually leaving my boyfriend to muddle through them and make sense of them.

pyriticsilence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Basically, I think INTJ and ISXJ work well together (but I might be biased by being in a relationship with an INTJ.)

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
He sounds very much like an NTP.

Probably an ENTP.

The most productive approach would be to stay with him, engage him in his verbal idea diarrhea, don't try to impose the "one true way" as your Si might want to.
And then bluntly tell him without drama that this needs to be finished. Finish it. Finish it. No drama. Straightforward. Allow for more verbal idea diarrhea - that's how they relax. Then ride the sudden wave of productivity.
It's unrealistic to expect a steady flow as an INTJ would provide. Take it for what it can offer and milk the spurs of productivity.
You can smooth the corners of the big chunks he spews out, make the colors fit, do the formatting and indulge the verbal idea diarrhea.
DO NOT TRUST HIS WORD and leave it for the last minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basically, I think INTJ and ISXJ work well together (but I might be biased by being in a relationship with an INTJ.)

You'd be surprised how well ISTJ and ENTP work together. The beginning is usually rough but once a rhythm is established it can be very creative AND predictable at the same time. Si-Ne and Ne-Si can balance each other out very well. Both can be workoholics.

pyriticsilence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You'd be surprised how well ISTJ and ENTP work together. The beginning is usually rough but once a rhythm is established it can be very creative AND predictable at the same time. Si-Ne and Ne-Si can balance each other out very well. Both can be workoholics.

This is true, although unchecked Ne drives me batty. I'm fairly creative for an ISTJ (I have a constant flow of ideas that get reined in and generally nixed by Si), but Ne doms can give me fits.

Since the OP is ISFJ, I could see why she might have a few problems with her coworker who I agree is probably ENTP.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
An idea from an NP regarding an NP - establish sectional deadlines together. He has to get X done by (time) so you can get Y done by (time) so he can get z done by (time) so you can get the project put together by the deadline.

NPs aren't against working, it's just that the whole "slow and steady" thing isn't how our brains operate. We have to work in big bursts of ideas to get everything out before our external circumstances change so significantly that we have trouble hanging on to the concept anymore.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think this is the first post of yours I've ever agreed with.

Probably an ENTP.

The most productive approach would be to stay with him, engage him in his verbal idea diarrhea, don't try to impose the "one true way" as your Si might want to.
And then bluntly tell him without drama that this needs to be finished. Finish it. Finish it. No drama. Straightforward. Allow for more verbal idea diarrhea - that's how they relax. Then ride the sudden wave of productivity.
It's unrealistic to expect a steady flow as an INTJ would provide. Take it for what it can offer and milk the spurs of productivity.
You can smooth the corners of the big chunks he spews out, make the colors fit, do the formatting and indulge the verbal idea diarrhea.
DO NOT TRUST HIS WORD and leave it for the last minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've given up on trying to type him and don't know enough about that, but this is exactly what happened with us. It's like you were a fly on the wall here. If this works out, I'm going to be very happy, because I do enjoy his new idea generating. If it doesn't work out, then we'll probably hate each other.

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
then we'll probably hate each other.

You will hate him. Most people are not as hateful as ISFJs.

unchecked Ne drives me batty

Most ENTPs have a tight Ti reign on their Ne. Ti is often unnoticeable at first glance. ENFPs are better at "unchecked Ne" in a work environment.
Most ISTJs are more creative and freedom-loving than they allow people to see.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Most people are not as hateful as ISFJs.
Whoa Bro!

Most ENTPs have a tight Ti reign on their Ne. Ti is often unnoticeable at first glance. ENFPs are better at "unchecked Ne" in a work environment.
Most ISTJs are more creative and freedom-loving than they allow people to see.
Yes

Pushbeat

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

This will work for an INTP as well. One more suggestion: check if he is keen on getting the job done. Not meeting deadlines is not a good sign though. You should be clear in your expectation, but no drama is a good thing.