User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Default SJs, please help me figure out which variety of SJ my boyfriend is.

Dear SJs,

I've been dating my boyfriend for a year and a half now, and while I am very sure he is a Guardian, I can't for the life of me figure out which SJ he is. He seems to toe the line between E and I, and Fe/Ti and Te/Fi. We've talked about it before, but he has passing interest in the MBTI. I am sure that he is a type 9w1 sp-dominant on the Enneagram. I'd really appreciate your help narrowing it down.

Here is a list of characteristics that seem pertinent to typing...

T/F:

I/E:

Going by functions alone, I am very inclined to say he is a definite Si dominant, but he is more effusive and outwardly engaging than ISFJ and ISTJ descriptions make the types out to seem.

Please ask me any questions about him if you feel like they'd better clarify his type. My only impression overall is that I doubt he is an ESTJ. He's probably either ISTJ or ISFJ. I'm leaning ISTJ right now.

Thank you!!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

I'm not an SJ but I know many...and for what it's worth coming from an entp I think he's an ISTJ. And either closer to the P side of the scale than most ISTJs...or his enneagram weighs heavily with his personality which could explain his apparent dislike of planning. But I know you want to hear from SJs so that's all I'll add here.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

ISFJ. I am borderline I/E and J/P and this makes it very difficult to pinpoint a type. Your boyfriend seems that way too with I/E and T/F. It may even be impossible to pinpoint one type depending on the day and what you observe of him.

your resident asshole

I am inclined to say ISFJ as well.

The calmness and lack of particularly extraverted descriptions leads me to believe he is an extravert. I will have to take your word for the SJ part. It makes sense here, I'm just not good at telling S/N. I am also leaning more toward Fe than Te simply because of his interest in social work and other people in general. However, this isn't necessarily so. If I remember correctly, @Lark does social work as well, but he is an ENTJ. Probably the last person you would think to do something like that. I wonder if their motivations differ.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Maybe he's an esfj who's just introverting right now....?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post

The calmness and lack of particularly extraverted descriptions leads me to believe he is an extravert. I will have to take your word for the SJ part. It makes sense here, I'm just not good at telling S/N. I am also leaning more toward Fe than Te simply because of his interest in social work and other people in general. However, this isn't necessarily so. If I remember correctly, @Lark does social work as well, but he is an ENTJ. Probably the last person you would think to do something like that. I wonder if their motivations differ.
    Why is that? What do ENTJs 'do'? And how do you know this? What do they do if that career is not available or antithetical to their purposes?

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post

Why is that? What do ENTJs 'do'? And how do you know this? What do they do if that career is not available or antithetical to their purposes?

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I don't mean it's not possible, it's just not...hmm...I don't know the word I'm looking for. Intuitive maybe? They just aren't typically associated with each other.

I'm just saying that social work seems like it would appeal to Fe-types more than other types. Of course there is room for Te, but it's not what you would think first.

It's like an INTJ artist. Of course they exist, but when I think artist I tend to think of ISFP or INFP.

He seems like a mellow ISFJ.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

I'm also going to go with ISFJ. I'll give an explanation if you want.
    ISTJ:
    1w9 - 5w6 - 3w2