• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISTJ / ENFP Relationships

deathwarmedup

MBTI Type
IXTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm interested in your experiences of this: the initial attraction, the relationship, where did it go wrong? Is it a frequent pairing? Thanks.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I had a project at work with ISTJ and ENFP on it together. It did not work well at all. The ISTJ could not stand the ENFP and the ENFP didn't react very well to the situation either. It was one time that I was able to do very little to help facilitate two people getting along.

deathwarmedup

MBTI Type
IXTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What did the ISTJ not like about the ENFP?

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
What did the ISTJ not like about the ENFP?

Maybe an Fi-rampancy that occasionally does a medieval rundown to get to the weakest emotional point of the ISTJ. Oh, that ENFP rationality. They're very big picture, that may also be something that ISTJs might find foreign, as it challenges their inferior Ne.

Animus-anima like ISTJ-ENFP as I've heard, usually works out best for ESTJ(male)-INFP(female) and ESTP-INFJ relations.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm interested in your experiences of this: the initial attraction, the relationship, where did it go wrong? Is it a frequent pairing? Thanks.
I think there's a lot of potential for attraction, but as one might expect, the communication is difficult in the long run. And with a pair like this, I'm betting the willingness to be flexible makes a big difference here in how good the chances for this relationship are.

And the pairing does seem to come up quite a bit.

pyriticsilence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is an interesting question. To be honest, I've never been romantically attracted to an ENFP. However, I'm female and I get along better with ENFP males than ENFP females (for whatever reason I cannot seem to get along with them), so maybe it wouldn't be a terrible option. :alttongue:

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've apparently been dating an ISTJ for almost a year and a half (not an IxTP, as I originally thought).

We're always deemed "the odd couple" but we somehow have amazing chemistry. If it weren't for the circumstances that brought us together, we never would've noticed each other enough.

We're going strong, rarely fight, have similar goals, and love and support each other. I guess we're an exception?

Jstrazz

MBTI Type
IxTJ
Enneagram
1w2
My mother is an ISTJ and my father an ENFP. As you may well imagine, there was rarely a dull moment and rarely a moment when they were not fighting about something ANYTHING. My parents will be celebrating their 25 anniversary this year and I believe it is not a testament to how well they connect or fit together, but rather a testament to their love and willingness to look squarely at each others differences and shortcomings and seek to complement each other and make the most out of their lives, together. I recently met a girl (of course she has to be an ENFP -- just like my parents...) and we hit it off. It looks like things are going to continue between us and I believe the most important reason we will succeed and indeed the most important reason my parents made it this far without killing each other is that they share the same internal values and principles. I have always been a skeptic when it came to any relationship outside of the black and white formula for MBTI types (INFP-ESFJ, ISTJ-ESFP, etc.) but I believe an ISTJ and ENFP relationship can work. The initial attraction is obvious and self-explanatory, the relationship, though rocky, will bloom as long as both people are willing and open to new ways of thinking and at the end of the day, where there is love, there is hope. (corny I know and uncharacteristic of an ISTJ but there it is :) )

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My mother is an ISTJ and my father an ENFP. As you may well imagine, there was rarely a dull moment and rarely a moment when they were not fighting about something ANYTHING. My parents will be celebrating their 25 anniversary this year and I believe it is not a testament to how well they connect or fit together, but rather a testament to their love and willingness to look squarely at each others differences and shortcomings and seek to complement each other and make the most out of their lives, together. I recently met a girl (of course she has to be an ENFP -- just like my parents...) and we hit it off. It looks like things are going to continue between us and I believe the most important reason we will succeed and indeed the most important reason my parents made it this far without killing each other is that they share the same internal values and principles. I have always been a skeptic when it came to any relationship outside of the black and white formula for MBTI types (INFP-ESFJ, ISTJ-ESFP, etc.) but I believe an ISTJ and ENFP relationship can work. The initial attraction is obvious and self-explanatory, the relationship, though rocky, will bloom as long as both people are willing and open to new ways of thinking and at the end of the day, where there is love, there is hope. (corny I know and uncharacteristic of an ISTJ but there it is :) )

sounds romantic.