User Tag List

12 Last

Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Default ISTJ / ENFP Relationships

I'm interested in your experiences of this: the initial attraction, the relationship, where did it go wrong? Is it a frequent pairing? Thanks.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I had a project at work with ISTJ and ENFP on it together. It did not work well at all. The ISTJ could not stand the ENFP and the ENFP didn't react very well to the situation either. It was one time that I was able to do very little to help facilitate two people getting along.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

What did the ISTJ not like about the ENFP?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by deathwarmedup View Post
    I'm interested in your experiences of this: the initial attraction, the relationship, where did it go wrong? Is it a frequent pairing? Thanks.
    This should keep you busy for awhile: http://personalitycafe.com/istj-foru...tionships.html
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX

What did the ISTJ not like about the ENFP?
    Maybe an Fi-rampancy that occasionally does a medieval rundown to get to the weakest emotional point of the ISTJ. Oh, that ENFP rationality. They're very big picture, that may also be something that ISTJs might find foreign, as it challenges their inferior Ne.

Animus-anima like ISTJ-ENFP as I've heard, usually works out best for ESTJ(male)-INFP(female) and ESTP-INFJ relations.
    I'm a INFP - The sociopath

I think I'm either a 4w5, 4w3, 6w5 or 9w1. Most possibly 4w5.

Feeling FiNe

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

I think there's a lot of potential for attraction, but as one might expect, the communication is difficult in the long run. And with a pair like this, I'm betting the willingness to be flexible makes a big difference here in how good the chances for this relationship are.

And the pairing does seem to come up quite a bit.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

This is an interesting question. To be honest, I've never been romantically attracted to an ENFP. However, I'm female and I get along better with ENFP males than ENFP females (for whatever reason I cannot seem to get along with them), so maybe it wouldn't be a terrible option.
    ISTJ:
    1w9 - 5w6 - 3w2

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp None

I've apparently been dating an ISTJ for almost a year and a half (not an IxTP, as I originally thought).

We're always deemed "the odd couple" but we somehow have amazing chemistry. If it weren't for the circumstances that brought us together, we never would've noticed each other enough.

We're going strong, rarely fight, have similar goals, and love and support each other. I guess we're an exception?
    Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness." ― Kurt Vonnegut

ENFP. 7w6 – 4w3 – 1w9 sx/so. Aries. Dilettante. Overly anxious optimist.

MBTI
    IxTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    LSI

My mother is an ISTJ and my father an ENFP. As you may well imagine, there was rarely a dull moment and rarely a moment when they were not fighting about something ANYTHING. My parents will be celebrating their 25 anniversary this year and I believe it is not a testament to how well they connect or fit together, but rather a testament to their love and willingness to look squarely at each others differences and shortcomings and seek to complement each other and make the most out of their lives, together. I recently met a girl (of course she has to be an ENFP -- just like my parents...) and we hit it off. It looks like things are going to continue between us and I believe the most important reason we will succeed and indeed the most important reason my parents made it this far without killing each other is that they share the same internal values and principles. I have always been a skeptic when it came to any relationship outside of the black and white formula for MBTI types (INFP-ESFJ, ISTJ-ESFP, etc.) but I believe an ISTJ and ENFP relationship can work. The initial attraction is obvious and self-explanatory, the relationship, though rocky, will bloom as long as both people are willing and open to new ways of thinking and at the end of the day, where there is love, there is hope. (corny I know and uncharacteristic of an ISTJ but there it is )

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Jstrazz View Post
    My mother is an ISTJ and my father an ENFP. As you may well imagine, there was rarely a dull moment and rarely a moment when they were not fighting about something ANYTHING. My parents will be celebrating their 25 anniversary this year and I believe it is not a testament to how well they connect or fit together, but rather a testament to their love and willingness to look squarely at each others differences and shortcomings and seek to complement each other and make the most out of their lives, together. I recently met a girl (of course she has to be an ENFP -- just like my parents...) and we hit it off. It looks like things are going to continue between us and I believe the most important reason we will succeed and indeed the most important reason my parents made it this far without killing each other is that they share the same internal values and principles. I have always been a skeptic when it came to any relationship outside of the black and white formula for MBTI types (INFP-ESFJ, ISTJ-ESFP, etc.) but I believe an ISTJ and ENFP relationship can work. The initial attraction is obvious and self-explanatory, the relationship, though rocky, will bloom as long as both people are willing and open to new ways of thinking and at the end of the day, where there is love, there is hope. (corny I know and uncharacteristic of an ISTJ but there it is )
    sounds romantic.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.