User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

I know an ESTJ. I used to hate him because he was kind of a dick, but we're cool now. He was my manager at a fast food place and he had anger issues, was kind of lazy but expected everyone else to work hard (though he insisted he could do a better job), and he thought he was hot shit for being a manager at a fast food place. Later I found out he is a lot of fun to be around, and I can ignore most of his horrible qualities because we have a similar sense of humor, and he's calmed down a bit. I think he was overcompensating or trying to prove something at first.

I know two more. One was a professor of mine. I think I like the female ESTJ better, just because ESTJ energy can be a little overwhelming, and male energy can be a little overwhelming, so the female ESTJ energy can be a bit more understated, or at least slightly less threatening/annoying. I really liked her. She was hilarious (you'd be surprised by what great sense of humor they can have) and spoke her mind.

Lastly, one of my very best friends is an ESTJ. She's like twenty years older than me. She is very hardworking and efficient, and also a lot of fun. Sometimes she is a little overbearing in my opinion, because I am such a feeler and I just don't want to rock the boat, but she don't give a FUCK. She wants what she wants and doesn't take nonesense. She is not shy, and neither am I but I hate confrontation. It doesn't bother her in the slightest, though she is very nice to me.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I always judge - if I must - on an individual basis, but over the years, I have tried to learn not to pass judgment. Most people do the best they can at any given point in time with the wisdom and knowledge they have. So ESTJ is neither a badge of shame nor a badge of honor. It's just a badge, like any other....

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    If you say so. I see ESTJs as flawed, unimaginative versions of ENTJs and ENFPs.
    Hahaha, this is great. I'll be keeping this one.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Sil View Post
    Hahaha, this is great. I'll be keeping this one.
    Here's another one for you to keep.

"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by roastingmallows View Post
    I know an ESTJ. I used to hate him because he was kind of a dick, but we're cool now. He was my manager at a fast food place and he had anger issues, was kind of lazy but expected everyone else to work hard (though he insisted he could do a better job),
    That's true. That's always true, as the ESTJ will gladly demonstrate.

However, since the ESTJ doesn't have to do your job day in and day out forever and ever and hasn't had a chance to get really tired of it, the ESTJ will take on your job for a few minutes and succeed marvelously for that few minutes. It's basic human psychology.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

your resident asshole

Had a terrific moment with an ESTJ the other week.

Each week, a group of us have to split up material to present to a class. I usually send out the email asking everyone what they're doing. Well, somehow, everyone must've been SEVERELY lacking in Te that day, because they all responded and claimed material that didn't make any sense. The way they had it, we were missing gigantic chunks of the material for some reason. I was thinking it a bit in my head, but didn't really want to say anything. I had hoped they would figure it out that they were being dumb. They didn't.

Well, the ESTJ came up to me in person and basically said something like..."WTF is going on with everyone? Why are they so dumb?" (Except not really.)

Then I realized, she was saying what I was thinking. She made me actually take action to fix everything. I literally just ended up telling everyone what to do in order to actually present 100% of the material. Everything went well.

Thanks, ESTJ. You can be a bit of a handful sometimes, but you know what's up and you're an awesome person.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Thanks, @Orobas.

Looks like someone's got a lot of N bias... and hasn't realized the whole point of the MBTI, i.e. that everyone has something to contribute, and no type is superior to any other.

p.s. Coffee break's over! Back to work!
    This is not true. You sound like an ESFJ saying something like that.
    First of all, there are things that are more important to be contributed to than others. INTPs contribute to science, ESFPs are the clowns of circusses.
    Second, some types don't have anything to contribute to at all. Some just live for themselves or have so useless things to contribute to that they shouldn't even be called contributions. Again, ESFPs are literally clowns of the world.
    Third, Of course there are better types than other. ENTJs and INTJs (specially the second) are by far the most successful types among all. They achieve all what they want, what they feel they need. They make their dreams come true.
    ESTJs are close to the top as well. We can achieve all we want, and in fact, we're even better than doing that than ENTJs and maybe even INTJs, but we can't make our dreams come true. We don't dream, we live to keep things as they are. It's the S part of ESTJ.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Also I cannot help but this whole thread is some sort of Aprils fools thing.
    Every single person I have ever met online who knows about MBTI talks about ESTJs as though they were the reincarnation of evil.
    Everywhere I go I read people hating on ESTJs. Not that I think it's a bad thing to hate on another type. But it's what I read.
    People talk about how rude we are and how dumb we are. And in a sense they're talking truth.
    So what is this whole thing? A very well planned attemp of trolling? Or should I not trust my eyes any more?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by vaulttec View Post
    Also I cannot help but this whole thread is some sort of Aprils fools thing.
    Every single person I have ever met online who knows about MBTI talks about ESTJs as though they were the reincarnation of evil.
    Everywhere I go I read people hating on ESTJs. Not that I think it's a bad thing to hate on another type. But it's what I read.
    People talk about how rude we are and how dumb we are. And in a sense they're talking truth.
    So what is this whole thing? A very well planned attemp of trolling? Or should I not trust my eyes any more?
    That is because they are assuming their type based on stereotypes. I know a lot of overbearing people, the least were ESTJ's. Give them the test if you're unsure.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance